Implement farming limitations

reneguard

This may be a suggestion hated by many but I think it is important.

Many times, I have come across teams who hog bosses for hours. Some of them help questors. Some don't.

In any case, I think there are two things wrong here.

The drop rates are insanely low.

Some unfortunate cases farm for hours and days and end up with the most worthless items. The only people who can change this unfair situation are the developers. Not all of the items that a boss drops need to be "rare". Some items ts dont deserve to be dropped by bosses.

There is no limit on time spent on one boss.

There is a need for a time limit that a person can spend farming a particular boss, after which, which-ever party he joins, his chances of getting a drop from that boss should be down to zero.

This also means

That drop rates should be according to each player's time spent and must not have anything to do with the rest of the team.

(7/11/11) This point is to address the fact that a person who just joins a team that has been farming for hours can no longer be seen as a stealer of the teams effort and luck. The general understanding at this point, is that when a new guy joins a team and gets a drop it is actually the drop percentage that had been built up by the team. If this is true by algorithm, then I hope the developers change this. Life isn't fair, but a game doesn't have to be that way. It is the one place that can actually be fair.

This will motivate players to move on to another boss, instead of sticking to one and keeping others from trying.

Wherever I go now, I see people farming a boss. And they dont invite. I dont see why they should either. What If I join them and get the 1st drop while they have been farming there for hours.

Please change the game mechanics. Im startin to get sick of it. Im not kidding.

EDIT: (7/11/11) We may need to petition for a new game option

Consider this.

• Lets call this new game option "FarmBoss"
  • Demand a boss from a list of bosses (player with ticket can invite members into party with or without ticket)
  • There should be no wait time for boss. ( I dont mean no respawn time )
  • As soon as player with ticket raises a request on FarmBoss, he and his team mates are sent a "ready?"msg.
  • All click ready and are teleported to a boss arena and can farm the boss as one party. Undisturbed by others.
  • FarmBoss bosses should have lesser (maybe down to 1 or 2minutes) respawn time (to motivate players to choose to pay instead of wait for free.)

I agree only with drop rate, I spent 15hours at berengars guards and got just a well tried kris..  :facepalm: :facepalm:  It's a mobile game.. these items give you a ridicolous advantage.. and the max lvl now is just 18. Think about when we will be lvl 40.. we will have to farm a boss for one month for a ridicolous drop  :facepalm:

There is no limit on time spent on one boss.

There is a need for a time limit that a person can spend farming a particular boss, after which, which-ever party he joins, his chances of getting a drop from that boss should be down to zero. This also means that drop rates should be according to each player's time spent and must not have anything to do with the rest of the team.

Isnt better just add a room where a party can go there and choose a boss to go then he appear in a room (like when u go arena) and the boss is at middle os stage, so many partys can farm the same boss :)

(in case of guards, it should be exact like the room of guards, and u should appear where is the cross point, but ofc wont have cross point)

Isnt better just add a room where a party can go there and choose a boss to go then he appear in a room (like when u go arena) and the boss is at middle os stage, so many partys can farm the same boss :)

(in case of guards, it should be exact like the room of guards, and u should appear where is the cross point, but ofc wont have cross point)

Do you mean to reserve a private room for each party?

Isnt better just add a room where a party can go there and choose a boss to go then he appear in a room (like when u go arena) and the boss is at middle os stage, so many partys can farm the same boss

Isn't it exactly how it is, now?!

I got what he said but its technically the same. The difference is just that we go to different areas in search of boss and not wait for em in a room

Also, he said many parties can farm a boss. But who gets to choose the boss?! Would this system put an end to the respawn time if ever it was implemented?

Do you mean to reserve a private room for each party?

when u go arena, if have 10 partys of 2ppl, u can get 5 fights, only 2 maps, so obviously some battles will have same map, but wont be in exact place undestood? same with boss room, if 5 partys want granite for example, the 5 could do it without others disturb :)

I got what he said but its technically the same. The difference is just that we go to different areas in search of boss and not wait for em in a room

Also, he said many parties can farm a boss. But who gets to choose the boss?! Would this system put an end to the respawn time if ever it was implemented?

If it were implemented, the leader would choose the boss, but obviously the party would choose and he would just select it.

it would finish the respawn time... so no wait to farm same boss :D (should have a limit of party hunting it, like 5 party max on each boss)

when u go arena, if have 10 partys of 2ppl, u can get 5 fights, only 2 maps, so obviously some battles will have same map, but wont be in exact place undestood? same with boss room, if 5 partys want granite for example, the 5 could do it without others disturb If it were implemented, the leader would choose the boss, but obviously the party would choose and he would just select it.

it would finish the respawn time... so no wait to farm same boss :D (should have a limit of party hunting it, like 5 party max on each boss)

He said many partIES can farm a common boss in the room. Where's the question of a single leader while there are many parties farming the same boss? :P

In my experience, I believe in Luck + number of members in party(The lower member, the higher drop rate), thats why sometimes I dont invite except friends.  As of the population in each boss, see RU server how they do 4-6 parties per boss. They all just camp there whole 1 party and if someone gets, its their luck. Its not suppose to be easy in a way. And this is just a mobile mmorpg, so Room Idea IMO dont have room for this game. Try thinking contengancy ways that will do same thing in much simplier way. Just my cents. ;D

In my experience, I believe in Luck + number of members in party(The lower member, the higher drop rate), thats why sometimes I dont invite except friends.  As of the population in each boss, see RU server how they do 4-6 parties per boss. They all just camp there whole 1 party and if someone gets, its their luck. Its not suppose to be easy in a way. And this is just a mobile mmorpg, so Room Idea IMO dont have room for this game. Try thinking contengancy ways that will do same thing in much simplier way. Just my cents.

Seriously?! 4-6 PARTIES per boss?! =O

I think,as he said, making drop mechanism individual -based rather than party-based is the best solution for now. I have mentioned this before but looks like the moderators and the developers don't read the forum& probably don't care that much for the openions of regular players. Otherwise we would have seen a comment from them.

Yes. Its fair only if drop mechanism depended individual luck and not the duration which the party spent on farming a boss. While we were farming animated armour for hours, and the one we were farming was just about to die, a new guy joined our party and got the drop. After all of our hard work -_-

I don't understand Why people have to be a killjoy. Drop rates? They are fine. This is a mobile game with a limited number of items. Do you want Full rare set in one day? Why not go for a challenge?

Farming limit: What is this supposed to be? If your idea gets implemented and suppose i farm for some time and exceed my limit. There is no one around who wants my boss. What should i do? Just Watch the boss? And how do you suppose developers will implement this? Keep track of the location of all players all the time? That will increase load on server and you'll cry about lag. I'm sorry, first come first serve on bosses. Be an early bird or Try and steal boss. Don't expect things to be served on the platter.

I don't understand Why people have to be a killjoy. Drop rates? They are fine. This is a mobile game with a limited number of items. Do you want Full rare set in one day? Why not go for a challenge?

Farming limit: What is this supposed to be? If your idea gets implemented and suppose i farm for some time and exceed my limit. There is no one around who wants my boss. What should i do? Just Watch the boss? And how do you suppose developers will implement this? Keep track of the location of all players all the time? That will increase load on server and you'll cry about lag. I'm sorry, first come first serve on bosses. Be an early bird or Try and steal boss. Don't expect things to be served on the platter.

About this I agree with you proser. I dont want to have a limitation.

Only thing maybe is the spawn time or at least a bt more % of drop, because when new island will come out will be impossible to get new equips.

I like your idea.

If not for the existing bosses, then perhaps they can do this for a new list of bosses or maybe even duplicates of the existing bosses except that the paid ones will be available to farm. WoW!

And since AIgrind is in need of money. Perhaps they can sell "unlimited use and non-transferable" tickets to players who want to farm the list of bosses. This can release some pressure off the free but few existing bosses too.

:drinks:

You bring up a good point.

Consider this.

• Lets call this new game option "FarmBoss"
  • Demand a boss from a list of bosses (player with ticket can invite members into party with or without ticket)
  • There should be no wait time for boss.
  • As soon as player with ticket raises a request on FarmBoss, he and his team mates are sent a "ready?"msg.
  • All click ready and are teleported to a boss arena and can farm the boss as one party. Undisturbed by others.
  • FarmBoss bosses should have lesser (maybe down to 1 or 2minutes) respawn time (to motivate players to choose to pay instead of wait for free.)

I think,as he said, making drop mechanism individual -based rather than party-based is the best solution for now. I have mentioned this before but looks like the moderators and the developers don't read the forum& probably don't care that much for the openions of regular players. Otherwise we would have seen a comment from them.

There is a considerable difference between the level of involvement here and that by the administrators of Ragnarok forums (for those of you who dont know. It was the first mmorpg to be released in India and it failed within 2years - interesting note - it failed because they started charging players to be able to play the game.)

In comparison, that game had far more financial backing when it began and was trully awesome.

I digress. My point is, I agree with you. If the developers were bothered about our suggestion, they would have replied.

But its ok, Im not looking for their attention, I just need a place to vent sometimes, and this kinda helps.

You may not understand our point because you find the game endlessly amusing. Some of us dont. I actually dont play the game more than an hour these days. But I keep checking in with a hope that it may be better each day (or not as bad as I felt it was the previous day).

I dont farm creeps now. I stopped, when I realised that it takes an hour for me to make about 1000gold . Farming monsters isnt so much fun either.

Farming bosses is a whole other story. I tried farming bosses a few times (when it wasnt already occupied. sigh) ceratin days I didnt get anything at all. Which was the beginning of my gameplay reduction.

If this wasnt bad enough, they reduced the prices of the boss drops. Now its is going to take atleast 3hours to make 1000gold. (including the need for repairs - which I havent considered in my estimate)

So, when I didnt farm creeps or bosses, what would I do?

I did the relic quest. And now it is going to take me twice the time I expected (which was long enough in the first place). Once they fix the relic quest, I will continue to try and do that as long as i can. Since it takes just about 5minutes of my day and Im sure as hell not going to waste any more time of my life with the bosses like I used to.

I dont think you are dim witted to think that your only remaining option at that point would be to stand and stare at the boss. You are thinking of the short term and perhaps you need to be more considerate of others too. When you finish your relic quest, do you just stand and stare at Guido(or whatever the quest giver's name is)?

Limitations prevent abuse. Like I said before, a game doesn't have to be unfair.

I agree with your point on the point regarding the possibility of a server overload due to trackers on individual players. I dont know programming. I can only make suggestions. But if all people are going to be as close minded and reluctant and just accept crap as you have, nothing would progress.

Instead, maybe you could try giving some constructive suggestions towards improving the game we all like. Cuz that's one thing we do share.