Warspear Online - Evolution

HallsMago

Hello everyone! In the past, I had posted about levels 7-8, and you guys apparently really cared about the case. So, I bring you here — a new idea so that our paradise, Warspear Online — can become an even more complete game. 

Well, to begin to explain this, let's understand the basis of each armor in the game. 

Cloth armor is for healers and wizards in general. 

Light armor is for assassins and archers in general.

Heavy armor is for guards and barbarians in general.

But what about ACCESSORIES? This is our goal. And it can be a little confusing, but calm.

As we all know, accessories do not need a certain requirement to be equipped. In the same way that a healer wears a ring, for example, a blade dancer can also wear it. I've been thinking about adding new accessories with magic damage with parry and block.

Why?

Simple. The cloth armor is extremely ineffective. The defense of the game is very unregulated. For example, a cloth armor without amplification has a base of 100 defenses. If, by chance, someone amplifies this armor +10, the defense would expand to 500. And that, it is absolutely nothing. This would decrease a monster's damage by only "1". 

• How would it work and what would it affect? 

Well, my idea is to provide those with long-range weapons, a little more defense. I would like you to add new magic damage accessories, with block and parry.

Example, a Halloween ring. Magic damage *, vampirism *, block *.

Example, a Halloween cape. Magic damage *, vampirism *, parry *.

I don't think there is a need for a change to the amulets, as I have never seen one with parry and/or block. 

And I would also like to ask that the players could enchant staffs with the paring rune. It makes perfect sense.

This would help PvE players a lot. It would be the beginning of an era. And certainly it would be extremely useful for magicians, since many of them are tanks.

Edited by HallsMago

8 hours ago, HallsMago said:

Hello everyone! In the past, I had posted about levels 7-8, and you guys apparently really cared about the case. So, I bring you here — a new idea so that our paradise, Warspear Online — can become an even more complete game. 

Well, to begin to explain this, let's understand the basis of each armor in the game. 

But what about ACCESSORIES? This is our goal. And it can be a little confusing, but calm.

As we all know, accessories do not need a certain requirement to be equipped. In the same way that a healer wears a ring, for example, a blade dancer can also wear it. I've been thinking about adding new accessories with magic damage with parry and block.

Why?

Simple. The cloth armor is extremely ineffective. The defense of the game is very unregulated. For example, a cloth armor without amplification has a base of 100 defenses. If, by chance, someone amplifies this armor +10, the defense would expand to 500. And that, it is absolutely nothing. This would decrease a monster's damage by only "1". 

Well, my idea is to provide those with long-range weapons, a little more defense. I would like you to add new magic damage accessories, with block and parry.

I don't think there is a need for a change to the amulets, as I have never seen one with parry and/or block. 

And I would also like to ask that the players could enchant staffs with the paring rune. It makes perfect sense.

This would help PvE players a lot. It would be the beginning of an era. And certainly it would be extremely useful for magicians, since many of them are tanks.

What you have to consider is,

As long ranged they already have plenty of advantage to make up for the lack of defense.

They attack from further away, have an easier time kiting anything,  have a lot of defensive skills ( The lock doesn't) .

So theres already a lot of mechanics in place to help them compensate for that.

And i doubt any healer/caster would want to use defensive attributes instead of attributes that directly affect their skills,

(Like mana, mana regen, critical , cd and the list goes on.) because that would be extremely ineffective.

What you could do, is print some acessories and edit them on paint, so we can envision exactly what you are imagining.

:tuktuk:

9 hours ago, HallsMago said:

Why?

So you basically want to take the usefulness from the tankers? :huh:

9 hours ago, HallsMago said:

Parrying means blocking a melee attack with melee weapon. Adding that to staffs/bows make no sense at all.

This is really confusing. I never seen a spell caster defend unless it's last resort. And really they have stronger Defense skills than many tanks so they can buff them

8 hours ago, Zurp said:

Parrying means blocking a melee attack with melee weapon. Adding that to staffs/bows make no sense at all.

17 hours ago, HallsMago said:

I would like you to add new magic damage accessories, with block and parry.

also, blocking requires a shield, it make no sense for a staff/bow

17 hours ago, HallsMago said:

while these rings will provide no benefit for casters, tanks/damagers equipped with these will become broken reducing the usefulness of caster even more, you kinda shot yourself in the foot there :dunno:

in a PvE situation if you are a cloth gear wearer and you are tanking the dmg, there is something wrong with the party

Edited by 0gull

4 hours ago, 0gull said:

also, blocking requires a shield, it make no sense for a staff/bow

while these rings will provide no benefit for casters, tanks/damagers equipped with these will become broken reducing the usefulness of caster even more, you kinda shot yourself in the foot there :dunno:

in a PvE situation if you are a cloth gear wearer and you are tanking the dmg, there is something wrong with the parry

Can you reformulate the idea yourself?
Edited by HallsMago

10 hours ago, HallsMago said:

Can you reformulate the idea yourself?

it can't be reformulated...

On 12/5/2020 at 5:52 AM, HallsMago said:

you are trying to make cloth armor wearers to be able to tank damage, which is not their job, you are complaining about cloth armor low defense, lets say cloth armor gave as much def as heavy armor or rings gave defensive stats, whats the point of tanks in the first place at that point?

lets take mage for an example

mage.PNG.ac7f4fbbb8600b072ad1c9ff76d8a5c5.PNG

mage is advertised in the game as someone with a 2.5/5 defensive capabilities, which make sense if you include his defensive skills

now lets look at warden

warden.PNG.644bfb5faec81c7e141e510ad736967d.PNG

you see warden have 5/5 in defensive capabilities, which make sense giving the class role and what it can do

now if you have been paying attention you would see that the mage have more offensive capabilities than warden, a WHOLE 2.5 more, in short mage deal more damage than warden giving the idea of "lets go together, i will tank the damage and you deal the damage" or basically class roles

now what YOU want it this

zbgzgg.png.5cd59d4f52da5a0dae5e4d7e9ffbb8f8.png or this sssssssss.png.1de61fbc3df3e4eeae4656b2e60fd432.png

having cloth armor with more def or rings with defensive stats will break the role system or more like "lets go do this dungeon together! i can tank the damage!" ~ "why would i go with you? i can deal damage and tank damage", how would you feel if warden wanted to have more damage points or more healing points and starting taking your job in game?

or in simpler terms what nolan said

23 hours ago, Nolan said:

So you basically want to take the usefulness from the tankers? 

might as well make your class like this while we at it:panda7:

drugs.png.81cf4ea3ee40440729dd9d44005902ab.png

On 12/5/2020 at 5:52 AM, HallsMago said:

now in regarding to your example suggestion on how to improve "long-range" defense, block requires a shield for it to actually work so it has no use for long range users at all so one of your ring suggestion is not viable at all

while parry, even with all accessories + weapon having parry at most you can have 15%, seems to me that investing your stats in something more useful for a long ranged character will be better... this shows a lack of understanding for a class that you are playing and the game system in general

Edited by 0gull

8 hours ago, 0gull said:

1. "you are trying to make cloth armor wearers to be able to tank damage, which is not their job, you are complaining about cloth armor low defense, lets say cloth armor gave as much def as heavy armor or rings gave defensive stats, whats the point of tanks in the first place at that point?"

— This argument is invalid since you have assumed that a cloth armor could have more defense than a heavy armor.

2. "having cloth armor with more def or rings with defensive stats will break the role system or more like (...)"

— No. It will not, since:

• The defense of the game itself is ineffective for those wearing cloth armor, even with defensive skills.

• I would not break the game because the % of parry and maximum block would be very limited. As you said yourself, there is no point in having "block" without using a shield.

3. "now in regarding to your example suggestion on how to improve "long-range" defense, block requires a shield for it to actually work so it has no use for long range users at all so one of your ring suggestion is not viable at all"

— In order to have a decent blocking percentage, a shield is not required. It is the player's option to enjoy the game as they wish.

Edited by HallsMago

On 12/4/2020 at 11:52 PM, HallsMago said:

I've been thinking about adding new accessories with magic damage with parry and block.

I would like you to add new magic damage accessories, with block and parry.

I like the idea of having rings with magic and block, would be a great addition for tanks like DK and Paladin. Make it happen 😉 

On 12/4/2020 at 11:52 PM, HallsMago said:

Block and Parry doesn't work with Long-ranged Weapons.