Distortion book

Makethisgamebetter

I send a ticket about this book 5 minutes ago but im just curious what players think about this book.Today i saw ranger in war atleast 50 mc players were attacking and he wasnt dying.Tanking all players like old warden.Im thinking if rangers use life steal runes on every accesories and use life steal book and use lifesteal potion easily can get %50 life steal.So if he get hit with %50 chance heal %150 of damage ? this is need solution

This game is ridiculous 

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters

It is an extremely rare book which grants you something close to the immortality. The crowd of players should be smart enough not to stun these players but eventually to disable him. Moreover, the bearer looks like immortal but can't basically do anything; on the contrary, wardens could somehow move and be extremely strong even being PvE. 

I agree on an adjustment, such as this  book not being able to work with Lifeforce. I have it too and for DKs it is extremely strong (if it wasn't for the fact that our meta skill kills us instead of being of a sort of use) 

6 hours ago, Makethisgamebetter said:

I send a ticket about this book 5 minutes ago but im just curious what players think about this book.Today i saw ranger in war atleast 50 mc players were attacking and he wasnt dying.Tanking all players like old warden.Im thinking if rangers use life steal runes on every accesories and use life steal book and use lifesteal potion easily can get %50 life steal.So if he get hit with %50 chance heal %150 of damage ? this is need solution

This game is ridiculous 

As higgings said.

The problem isn't the book itself.

THe problem is that all those players weren't taking the book into consideration when using their skills.

I also possess that book, and it isn't that powerfull unless you achieve a ridiculous % of vampirism with consumables.

And even then, when surrounded by 10+ players, you are going down.

:looser-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

In general in crowds like that  the player is doing the tanking for more memes than anything.I suppose ranger is one of the classes that can do massive damage even when targeted by a massive group like that using their aoe bleed skill, same would go for hunters to a certain extent if they maxed pathfinder arrow. This of course means they need to have a small gap between stuns and chances are they will die before they get to pot after using the skill. Of course in wars this can serve as a bit of a distraction where players of lesser intelligence might be sufficiently distracted by whoever is tanking on the otherside of the map while a wave comes from the other entrance.

Legion should have easier time dealing with this book since they have more full control "stuns" that dont trigger the books effect, which are all of the fear skills(hunter necromancer warlock), blind from shamans and dark circle from warlock. On sentinels i believe its just rangers scatter and and mage fireball+blazing ground combos fear. I suppose the relic that causes fear to trigger would also work but thats mostly used by barbarians and rogues anyway.

Very few of these dropped to sentinels on eu-emerald so chances are it wont affect many legion players at all since theres only so many that have it. Legion on the otherhand dropped like 20 or more of them and they had more of them to begin with before halloween so if anything we should blame aigrind for conspiracy against sentinels.(Its a joke btw)

Edited by Raislin

1 hour ago, Raislin said:

Legion should have easier time dealing with this book since they have more full control "stuns" that dont trigger the books effect, which are all of the fear skills(hunter necromancer warlock), blind from shamans and dark circle from warlock. On sentinels i believe its just rangers scatter and and mage fireball+blazing ground combos fear.

Just weighing in here,

Druid root,
Paladin fetters.
BD hamstring.

Correction > Dark circle is a conditional stun. It is affected by Distortion book.
Fading + pool is also a stun combo > also affected by distortion book.

From my perspective, I believe this book doesn't affect sentinels much tbh. We all know what its like to be on the receiving end of a BD ham dmg spam combo. xD Like some of the comments said, this book is a good survivability measure but not invincible, provided you have the appropriate build and supporting books to go along with it.

3 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Just weighing in here,

Druid root,
Paladin fetters.
BD hamstring.

Correction > Dark circle is a conditional stun. It is affected by Distortion book.
Fading + pool is also a stun combo > also affected by distortion book.

From my perspective, I believe this book doesn't affect sentinels much tbh. We all know what its like to be on the receiving end of a BD ham dmg spam combo. xD Like some of the comments said, this book is a good survivability measure but not invincible, provided you have the appropriate build and supporting books to go along with it.

Roots and silences or skills that combine the two do not cause distort to trigger(roots fetters and hamstring). Problem with the is that the player can still retaliate back which is pretty much how you kill the ones trying to avoid the distort book. Just be a dps class with high attack speed and autoattack everyone to death.

Dark circle doesnt either but fading combo indeed does. It needs the specific status effect of "stun" to be on you to trigger and dark circle is a special case for some reason.

Edited by Raislin

38% Life steal without Book that enhance your life steal,with all the book out there and buff you can get up to 50%+ life steal, and then combine it with 11.3% dmg reflect (if you think its okay as long as he cant attack or stunned), idk if stun parameters also works with the dmg reflection but if it does... haha it would've been a real hole in the system, also it is hard to NOT use any control skill in a war, etc. And even if you fight 1v1 you have to consider his dmg with all the att speed, stun, relic, and etc... here my thoughts devs need to consider nerfing this book

Screenshot_20201203-181928_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-181959_Chrome.jpg

32 minutes ago, Singed said:

38% Life steal without Book that enhance your life steal,with all the book out there and buff you can get up to 50%+ life steal, and then combine it with 11.3% dmg reflect (if you think its okay as long as he cant attack or stunned), idk if stun parameters also works with the dmg reflection but if it does... haha it would've been a real hole in the system, also it is hard to NOT use any control skill in a war, etc. And even if you fight 1v1 you have to consider his dmg with all the att speed, stun, relic, and etc... here my thoughts devs need to consider nerfing this book

Screenshot_20201203-181928_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-181959_Chrome.jpg

It is indeed a really strong book.

But, as a pvp, you can't really reach close to that %.

Unless you are going to use halloween accessories, and that isnt worth it.

You are going to lose so much resilience, if 1 hit goes in, you will be dead meat.

:vp-looking:

13 minutes ago, Zahard said:

You are going to lose so much resilience, if 1 hit goes in, you will be dead meat.

im at 24.7% life steal atm and i have the 6% ls book, while i can get to 26.8% after i get lv30 rings and get the remaning charms on the rings and amulet. Thats pretty much as high as youll be without trading out resilience. If for whatever reason you dont have the 6% ls book from gvg then you will barely break through 20% life steal in full pvp equipment. And losing resil is probably not the trade you want to make most of the time unless you are going for a meme build of sorts. Of course theres the option of substituting one of your weapons(or weapon) for a halloween lifesteal weapon which can work but it necessarily isnt worth it. Ls weapons arent exactly known for their good stat distribution.

44 minutes ago, Zahard said:

Then... now imagine a warden... a Dark knight 😱

1 hour ago, Singed said:

Then... now imagine a warden... a Dark knight 😱

Tbh , a lot of the dmg classes can tank more then DKs atm.

But on the warden side, i dont think it matters.

It will stay alive, but won't be able to do anything on GvGs, because it'll just be a dmg sponge, stunlocked.

And on arena, all you have to do is work around the book's effect.

And choose your skills correctly.

I don't think it needs changing.

:flying-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: