New Arena System NEEDED

bigHeadCostume

The current arena system is just disgusting. Just implement a new system where players can play against bots/AIs (you already see many games doing, e.g. PUBG, LoL, etc.).

*Removes the need to deal with toxic arena players (i.e. you no longer need to read "you suck noob" or "gtfo arena noob" messages)

*Gives players the chance to earn AP even when arena demand is dead

*Eliminates the inevitability of playing with AFKers who demand using third party software

*Allows the opportunity for fair matchmaking (e.g. if your win streak is 0, match against bots with no arena equipment. when your win streak hits a certain threshold, match only against bots with full greatness)

*PROMOTES LEGITIMATE (or at least honest) COMPETITION COMPARED TO WIN/LOSE

It's disappointing the underlying issues in arena are never addressed (as is evidenced by the most recent update, where an OMG! NEW ARENA MODE! is just supposed to appease the masses). I find it hard to even type this suggestion without going irate because the solution to this rigged arena system is so blatant, yet has never even been proposed. Hopefully, someone can bring this up at the next conference meeting.

16 hours ago, bigHeadCostume said:

The current arena system is just disgusting. Just implement a new system where players can play against bots/AIs

PvP... it's written on the name itself. Why should someone click arena to get matched with AI controlled characters? 

*Removes the need to deal with toxic arena players

Ignore list has been invented.

Gives players the chance to earn AP even when arena demand is dead

Arena points. You're supposed to fight in arena to earn the points. Losers do still get some points, so I don't think there's a problem with this system.

Eliminates the inevitability of playing with AFKers who demand using third party software

Can be dealt with or at least limited by allowing a Party of 2 players (or even 3... but meh) to join arena. A match with AFK players is frustrating and I agree with that. It's too much abused by bots. A system with a party can be worked, and the matchmaking should favourize those who join without party by giving them quick fights - a bit like 5x5 is working right now. 

Allows the opportunity for fair matchmaking (e.g. if your win streak is 0, match against bots with no arena equipment. when your win streak hits a certain threshold, match only against bots with full greatness)

If you still mean AI controlled characters, then I disagree. This system is there already. You can't be matched with weaker opponents if those weaker opponents don't demand at all. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Can be dealt with or at least limited by allowing a Party of 2 players (or even 3... but meh) to join arena. A match with AFK players is frustrating and I agree with that. It's too much abused by bots. A system with a party can be worked, and the matchmaking should favourize those who join without party by giving them quick fights - a bit like 5x5 is working right now. 

i would say dealing with the problem is better than allowing party's in solo arenas, maybe ban player who stay afk in arena from enter for a set period of time? like a chat ban

but then bots can still be programmed into moving or preforming skills and such, it would be hard to spot afkers and bot users and innocent players might get caught by the system and banned for no reason, but its something devs need to work hard on.

18 hours ago, bigHeadCostume said:

Allows the opportunity for fair matchmaking (e.g. if your win streak is 0, match against bots with no arena equipment.

i'm not buying the idea of fighting bots in arena, players who constantly losing arena have a problem, it might be afkers, bots, or them just being under amped or buffed

so players who keep losing would be matched with other players who keep losing, to even out the odds of wining

22 hours ago, bigHeadCostume said:

The current arena system is just disgusting. Just implement a new system where players can play against bots/AIs (you already see many games doing, e.g. PUBG, LoL, etc.).

*Removes the need to deal with toxic arena players (i.e. you no longer need to read "you suck noob" or "gtfo arena noob" messages)

*Gives players the chance to earn AP even when arena demand is dead

*Eliminates the inevitability of playing with AFKers who demand using third party software

*Allows the opportunity for fair matchmaking (e.g. if your win streak is 0, match against bots with no arena equipment. when your win streak hits a certain threshold, match only against bots with full greatness)

*PROMOTES LEGITIMATE (or at least honest) COMPETITION COMPARED TO WIN/LOSE

It's disappointing the underlying issues in arena are never addressed (as is evidenced by the most recent update, where an OMG! NEW ARENA MODE! is just supposed to appease the masses). I find it hard to even type this suggestion without going irate because the solution to this rigged arena system is so blatant, yet has never even been proposed. Hopefully, someone can bring this up at the next conference meeting.

lol. Disgusting would be playing PVP against AI. In case you didn't knew, PVP stands for player versus player. You can even google that to understand what this complex concept means.