Barbarian's "Defeat" expert skill bugged?

Denilson Contreras

Hello everybody!

I'm working myself to be a full dps Barbarian, and I decided to take "Defeat" as my second Expert Skill. However, I feel like it's bugged or not working as intended:

Basically, the skill says that it does splash damage to all mobs within a yard, equal to characters physical damage, but I could swear I haven't this once.

Thanks for your replies, and best luck on Arinar. :)

5 hours ago, Denilson Contreras said:

Basically, the skill says that it does splash damage to all mobs within a yard, equal to characters physical damage, but I could swear I haven't this once.

- let's talk about the obvious answer, the target effected by defeat needs to be under the effect of bleed for the "splash" effect to take place, so try using bleed on a target then defeat

- if you have been doing that then you might have been mistaken how the damage work, the damage hurt target around the initial target(or the enemy that received the defeat) rather than around you

- last thing and most unlikely, is that enemies are not around the target by 1 yard although they appear so, this could happen due to lag or other problems

hopes this help

Edited by 0gull

15 hours ago, 0gull said:

- let's talk about the obvious answer, the target effected by defeat needs to be under the effect of bleed for the "splash" effect to take place, so try using bleed on a target then defeat

- if you have been doing that then you might have been mistaken how the damage work, the damage hurt target around the initial target(or the enemy that received the defeat) rather than around you

- last thing and most unlikely, is that enemies are not around the target by 1 yard although they appear so, this could happen due to lag or other problems

hopes this help

You were right. I just thought the skill did AoE all the time. 

In my defense, I'll say the tooltip is not very specific about this. :suspiciousowl:

Thanks!

On 11/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, Drakoknight said:

I'd say pair it with some sort of splash relic and watch it do tons of dmg 

That's exactly what I did! Got my "Great Relic of Mass Retribution".

It's extremely fun to see a "Defeat" + Relic proc doing a massive AoE crit!

• 1 year later...