Viewing status effects

Ninja Owl

I think there should be an option to view your own (and others') active buff and debuff effects. The little icons under HP and energy bars don't provide much information.

This option should include the following features:

• List all currently active buffs and debuffs
  • Provide a short description of each effect
  • Show the remaining duration of each effect
  • An option to cancel a buff

Опубликованное фото      Опубликованное фото

Kinda like this suggestion, but where would those descriptions be placed? Cause they won't fit under the hp bar. And it is not really necessary for me since I already learned all the buff and debuff icons. But it could be good anyway :drinks:

Kinda like this suggestion, but where would those descriptions be placed? Cause they won't fit under the hp bar. And it is not really necessary for me since I already learned all the buff and debuff icons. But it could be good anyway :drinks:

I think it could fit under character menu as an independent window, like equipment, or as a tab in "all attributes". The list would show  the icon and the duration of the effect and when tapped it would show a brief description (like tapping a skill in Skills menu).

I also know pretty much every icon's meaning but what I don't know of them is their remaining duration. That is the main reason why I made this suggestion.

I'll make a picture later so you get my point.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds good.

Care to throw together a pic and show us how you think it should look?

Yup! I'll make a series of pictures explaining the idea as soon as I have time for that.

Alright, I added pictures up there. The first image shows the list of active effects with their remaining durations. In the second picture the player has pressed/clicked a listed effect to read a brief description of it.

What do you think of this kind of system?

I like it, but if you arr effected by a buff with very short duration, as the aggression buff shown on the picture, it will be hard to read abt it untill it disappears. +That reading abt a buff in the middle of the fight, may not be very smart or useful.

I like it, but if you arr effected by a buff with very short duration, as the aggression buff shown on the picture, it will be hard to read abt it untill it disappears. +That reading abt a buff in the middle of the fight, may not be very smart or useful.

I reasoned that there would be no point in leaving only certain effects out of the list.

I reasoned that there would be no point in leaving only certain effects out of the list.

Ok. I see. Showing the remaining time ofbiffs with short duration will atleast help us find out how long stuns and so on are.

Ok. I see. Showing the remaining time ofbiffs with short duration will atleast help us find out how long stuns and so on are.

Now that I think of it, it could be kinda hard to estimate the remaining duration of warlock's dark circle and plash of darkness for their effect won't necessarily start  instantly.

Maybe such skills could be an exception.

• 6 months later...

Add the option to cancel said effect in the description, and it would be awesome.

Yes, a good one :) .

Like this idea very much!!

Where to fit it?

- how about double tapping your hero to open it? :)

I was thinking it could fit in the last "empty slot" in the character menu, but some time later craft took the space. Maybe if they implemented the mail system, mailbox could be moved from character menu to the society menu.

Double tapping is a seemingly good idea, but I can think of situations in which it would be very inconvenient.

Double tapping is fine, also it can be listed under "All attributes" slot in a category named "Effects", try to find a category name ;D , because I think this name doesn't fit with it lols.

Double tapping is fine, also it can be listed under "All attributes" slot in a category named "Effects", try to find a category name ;D , because I think this name doesn't fit with it lols.

I Can see heal classes accidently opening the menu all the time with double tapping their character and such lol. Better off making it a menu and/or a possible hotkey application.

• 1 month later...

Well i was thinking what if this would open by tapping/clicking the bar which is in the top left corner of screen (with you hp, energy, name and stuff)?

Well i was thinking what if this would open by tapping/clicking the bar which is in the top left corner of screen (with you hp, energy, name and stuff)?

It has been suggested, if not here then in other topic because there's another and it's also fine! :friends:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People are still bumping this?

I guess it's a timeless suggestion but it seems the developers don't consider such thing necessary. Unless this topic went completely unnoticed by them for these three years.

It's really sad, that they rarely consider our suggestions. Man I mean this is even though important to have in the game, nevertheless they don't add it.