Level 18 Shield

Playge

Is there one?

Im debating on selling/trading my +7 doom glaive and getting 1h sword to be more of a tank but idk..

Is it possible to tank with 2h?

As it stands, I have +7 doom spear +5 HE set (probably going to do 2/2 he dd for bonus) +5 black zealot mantle, solar eclipse ammy, and black zealot rings.

Skill build is going to be 5 thorn 5 exhale 5 shield

Honestly, your stats are gonna suck hard for tanking, Endurance set is for shield users who go for block but then it sucks cause it has no dodge.

There is all types of weapons with a level of 18, you're looking for Shield of Heroic Endurance.

Before you pick your equipments pick what you want to really do and enjoy otherwise you will just be wasting time and money.

If you are going to use those kinds of equipments then you are only gonna be able to tank melee and ranger mobs in PvE and melee and ranger classes in PvP but they may crit you ALOT.

I hate tanking in this game because of the fact that ANY class can tank decently with pots, Necromancer(s) and healing minions and that tanks use 1H weapons which deal less damage than everyone else which makes it HARD to hold aggro making it completely useless without lv5 taunt.

Anyways, if you plan on using that set for tanking, get a Divine defense armour or lv17 Arena armour for Critical and lose the Heroic Endurance set. I can't really give you any advise cause you didn't mention whether it's PvP or PvE or both.

Honestly, your stats are gonna suck hard for tanking, Endurance set is for shield users who go for block but then it sucks cause it has no dodge.

There is all types of weapons with a level of 18, you're looking for Shield of Heroic Endurance.

Before you pick your equipments pick what you want to really do and enjoy otherwise you will just be wasting time and money.

If you are going to use those kinds of equipments then you are only gonna be able to tank melee and ranger mobs in PvE and melee and ranger classes in PvP but they may crit you ALOT.

I hate tanking in this game because of the fact that ANY class can tank decently with pots, Necromancer(s) and healing minions and that tanks use 1H weapons which deal less damage than everyone else which makes it HARD to hold aggro making it completely useless without lv5 taunt.

Anyways, if you plan on using that set for tanking, get a Divine defense armour or lv17 Arena armour for Critical and lose the Heroic Endurance set. I can't really give you any advise cause you didn't mention whether it's PvP or PvE or both.

Id honestly like to do a bit of both. I went for he since it seemed regen would be pretty nifty to have to help healers out. My main hangup is the choice of weapon really :/

Well just so you know, in PvP you don't focus on Defense but Resilience.

If you're gonna do both use Spear, trust me, no matter what anyone else says to you, Spear is the BEST option for a PvP PvE mix DK.

1. It has shitload of damage, BOTH USEFUL FOR PVP AND PVE.

2. It has the HIGHEST damage in game meaning you hold aggro ALOT easier than a crappy 1H Sword

3. It's fucking sexy

Next is your equipment, it's gonna be tough cause you're gonna need to have 2 sets cause in PvP you have to put Resilience on your equipments, not Defense runes.

But before that switch your rings to lv15 BG dark rings with - Accuracy, Dark damage, Dodge and Mana. If I could remember and replace your amulet with a Medallion of Inward power, for best Dodge/Dark balance.

For PvP you HAVE to use full arena gear since you are using a non arena weapon, you'll get around 18% Resilience which is the average percentage. Fully enchant with Resilience. Gloves and Helm should be only one with Defense.

For PvE I'd suggest getting Divine Defense Helm and Boots with CC Gloves and armour for PvE tanking, CC gear for the Critical.

Full Devine is bad cause of the stat loss. With CC armour you get both Dodge and Critical.

Althought it's gonna cost alot since you'll be amplifying 2 sets, but if you could then +8 will be enough.

If you have any questions of any of the stuff I've said above then feel free to ask.

This is a Spear dodge build for a PvE and PvP DK.

I'm guessing you don't know about Resilience so I'll explain that in the spoiler below, if you don't know what it means then just click on it.

Well just so you know, in PvP you don't focus on Defense but Resilience.

If you're gonna do both use Spear, trust me, no matter what anyone else says to you, Spear is the BEST option for a PvP PvE mix DK.

1. It has shitload of damage, BOTH USEFUL FOR PVP AND PVE.

2. It has the HIGHEST damage in game meaning you hold aggro ALOT easier than a crappy 1H Sword

3. It's fucking sexy

Next is your equipment, it's gonna be tough cause you're gonna need to have 2 sets cause in PvP you have to put Resilience on your equipments, not Defense runes.

But before that switch your rings to lv15 BG dark rings with - Accuracy, Dark damage, Dodge and Mana. If I could remember and replace your amulet with a Medallion of Inward power, for best Dodge/Dark balance.

For PvP you HAVE to use full arena gear since you are using a non arena weapon, you'll get around 18% Resilience which is the average percentage. Fully enchant with Resilience. Gloves and Helm should be only one with Defense.

For PvE I'd suggest getting Divine Defense Helm and Boots with CC Gloves and armour for PvE tanking, CC gear for the Critical.

Full Devine is bad cause of the stat loss. With CC armour you get both Dodge and Critical.

Althought it's gonna cost alot since you'll be amplifying 2 sets, but if you could then +8 will be enough.

If you have any questions of any of the stuff I've said above then feel free to ask.

This is a Spear dodge build for a PvE and PvP DK.

I'm guessing you don't know about Resilience so I'll explain that in the spoiler below, if you don't know what it means then just click on it.

Thanks, this was insanely helpful :)

Don't trade your spear keep it. Resi/dmg is all that matters in arena, sad but true. And slow atk speed actually benefits you fighting stun classes, so dont worry about that. I'm not going to touch pvp more then that, cause merc covered all of it.

Heroic shield is the lv18 shield and you should find them for 100k gold or cheaper.

Its not true however that 1h deals less dmg then 2h weapons - the dps between weapon types are alot closer then many believe. However in a hunt I suggest you having taunt lv5, cause classes like rouge and lock have more and/or better dmg skills which.makes holding aggro hard. This leads you to a problem putting out your SP if you want to mix PvP and PvE.

Pure PvE is very potent and fun to play, unlike PvP gear that only needs loads of resi and dmg, PvE play lets you experiment with countless solutions to combine your set. Merc advice is a good tip. Its learn by doing and I've tweaked my set a handful of times before ending up with my current set.

For PvP you think short term "wins" and for PvE long term "gains" - my guide lines

@Bloody, what I meant was the attack itself.

Overall damage every weapon nearly does the same amount ( except rangers and casters, rangers do shit high dmg ofc XD and casters do less )

If you use a 1H Sword then you'd hit around 200-300, while a Spear DK would would around 450-550. Who do you think will have a high chance of getting the aggro? Ofcourse, the Spear DK would.

And I think it would be more wise to wait for update before overamping/gearing stuff, who knows, you might only be allowed to use 1 healer in dungeons and shield users with 4k+ def will probably be needed to tank everything. PvE has not yet hit Warspear.

And tanks are in demand.

However, my Spear advise is the best way to go in the current situation, PvE is dead right now. In my opinion.

1h and 2h overtime should have equal aggro chance on normal atks, but I consider the aggro lose for 1h is due to its lesser dmg from atk skills. Alot of people think 1h dps is lower and I just wanted to clarify that misconceptions.

Lv5 taunt is highly advised for a tank or you will struggle with aggro for sure - agreed.

One way to play lv1 taunt and hold aggro is to let the tank solo the boss for awhile building aggro before the party atks. In many mmos this is a basic strategy, but not in WS. Maybe cause PvE has no attraction yet like you said merc.

I was disagreeing with mercs point until he mentioned the update with the new pve system and what he said was true. High damage is better suited for now than ever. I admit... I despise spears but this also gave me an insight and i must say thanks to both merc and bloody. Plus 1h isnt so bad it helped me get a good amount of ap but now i guess ill get that level 17 arena spear to start with and save my 1h for later.