Why 'mountain clan'?

Khor

Question

This is a question probably only a dev could answer... Why is it in a high fantasy game you have humans, elves, undead, and then more humans? 'Mountain Clan' SCREAMS 'dwarf', and Orcs would make much more sense as barbarians and shamans, and allies of the undead.. It has nothing to do with being different either, you already went for classic, so why a second race of humans ?

17 answers to this question

firstborn = elf

mountain clan = humans

chosen = cleansed humans allied to elves

forsaken = undead elves allied to humans

Whats so complicated?

Just so you know Mountain clan was the first faction in the game as far as i know. Don't quote me on that.

Just so you know Mountain clan was the first faction in the game as far as i know. Don't quote me on that.

Suck it Elves, not the 'first born' anymore

ok, want the short answer?

cuz this aint WoW

period

I clearly said that only a dev would probably have the correct answer so you've only given two incorrect ones now.

"We dont have Orcs because this isnt WoW"

High post counts dont make stupid posts not stupid.

***** pls

Ive already deleted 50+ of my own posts

I could give a **** about high post count

asking stupid questions to get attention from devs doesnt make questions not stupid

So NOW its a stupid question? Why wasnt it a stupid question the first time? Are you just being a poutty retaliating child? Yes. You came here to fail at answering a question you misunderstood TWICE, laughably so. Move along kid (and dont say you arnt a kid, that will only hurt your dignity more.)

lol, I often answer questions asked by rookies to help guide them

That post just proved how clueless you are

who are you again? :lol:

High post counts dont make stupid posts not stupid.

Neither do they make them stupid. Mecha is a respected player; his karma speaks for itself. I don't think he's here to piss you off.

As for your question, it has been answered already in earlier replies. Why should every fantasy MMORPG be the same? There are plenty of generic RPGs out there, so wouldn't you think of Warspear as a fresh exception?

Your fight aside. Whats the problem with mountain clans? Every civilization have sprung from nomads, I think the nomads faction is a nice change of the classics. Orcs and dwarves have been repeated countless times. Not saying undead and elves haven't, but atleast the clans isn't a complete rip.

Besides only a true nomad can be a barbarian, Conan set that record straight in the 80s.

Neither do they make them stupid. Mecha is a respected player; his karma speaks for itself. I don't think he's here to piss you off.

As for your question, it has been answered already in earlier replies. Why should every fantasy MMORPG be the same? There are plenty of generic RPGs out there, so wouldn't you think of Warspear as a fresh exception?

thank you kindly, good sir!

Your fight aside. Whats the problem with mountain clans? Every civilization have sprung from nomads, I think the nomads faction is a nice change of the classics. Orcs and dwarves have been repeated countless times. Not saying undead and elves haven't, but atleast the clans isn't a complete rip.

Besides only a true nomad can be a barbarian, Conan set that record straight in the 80s.

Yeah, they are, they just have a different skin color. This game was not going for 'original' by any stretch of the wildest imaginings of the most crazed 'nomad'.

They could literally create their own races if they wanted to do that, hell they could of changed the sides, make the human and undead fight the elves and barbarians, who share a love and respect for nature, while the holy humans and dreadful undead keep a balance between light and dark (not all undead are super evil, WoW and HoMM do that well)

lol, I often answer questions asked by rookies to help guide them

That post just proved how clueless you are

who are you again? :lol:

Given that your "answers" were completely irrelevant to the question and your attitude was that of a classic jackass, maybe you should not be someone to 'guide' new players? Especially when a question does not concern playing the game at all.

His absolute repeated failure to understand the question, and stubborn refusal to give up with the same flawed answers is what makes him stupid. Karma means nothing, its a forum, you can farm karma like hide on a boar.

No, no i would not, not even close. I love the art style, but its most 'unique' features are detrimental (5 skills for a class...very 'unique'). Its actually not generic ENOUGH, i would of loved Orcs or Dwarves, but a SECOND race of humans ? That does not make it unique ! And trying to be unique does not make a game great, either.

Just don't take everything so seriously and literally. Much easier to come along with people. Besides, calling people stupid isn't constructive and shows immaturity.

Every gaming company has their own personal style of designing and creating games. In this case, Warspear is based on a fictional story and history created by AIGRIND and, unfortunately, it doesn't include orcs or dwarves.

It was their decision not to include such races in the game and if you're not okay with that, you can stop playing Warspear.

I still don't understand your frustration? All factions use the same "avatar" with different skin color (added ears to firstborn). Orcs if they existed would look like mountain clans but with a green scale skin color, at most some pixels for k9 teeth.

After urbanisation, organized urban people, always feared distant nomads. Good example is early European cities fear for east Asian nomads (aka Mongolian hordes)

I think the idea is completely logic.