Skill suggestions

Deltaman

Do you think Warspear online need new skills?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Warspear online need new skills?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only passive
    • Yes, but no passives
    • No

Im think that skills never will be. Cuz melee classes will be strong, and that for devs. Wrong ... they loves runner classes, and jobs now balanced, continue think so...

Could be an idea.

Yes, a tolem that follows or can be placed on a location.It heals your overtime but if enemies comes close the tolem,it will cause damage like in volcano arena stage or like warlocks skill puddle.But the tolem can destroyed by the enemy.The skill duration,the tolems hp and healing rate increased when lvled up. ;D SOUNDS OP I THINK?

Yes, a tolem that follows or can be placed on a location.It heals your overtime but if enemies comes close the tolem,it will cause damage like in volcano arena stage or like warlocks skill puddle.But the tolem can destroyed by the enemy.The skill duration,the tolems hp and healing rate increased when lvled up. ;D SOUNDS OP I THINK?

Totems base hp will always be 10% and +100 per skill lvl. Also no dmg attribute for totem is needed

Is this your own suggestion? Bcaz I can't find it on any post on this topic.

And yea, that sounds a bit op....

Glad that people still post here. :drinks:

• 1 month later...

As it is right now, each class only have 5 active skills, and 1 passive skill. Ws needs more skills and I've heard that you will remake the skill system in coming updates and hopefully you will add new, mega cool skills then. So here are some serious skill suggestions that i think would make the game even more interesting. I didn't make up all these skills by myself and some of them are often used in other games similar to Warspear online. If you got ant good skill suggestion or if you want to point something out about these skills, feel free to leave a reply. I would especially like some feedback from you moderators, devs and admins.

Active skills:

Blade tornado: You swing your weapon around dealing physical dmg to all surrounding enemies.

Type: Surround dmg skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of physical dmg dealt

For: Barbarian

Sniper: Increases your characters range, accuracy and critical hit chance by a certain amount of percantage points for a certain amount of time. (range is increased with 1 yard) While this skill buff is active, the character cannot walk. But the effect could be broken by clicking the skill icon.

Type: Buff skill for user only

Parameter increasing with lvl: Added percentage points to accuracy and critical hit chance

For: Ranger

Spell barrier: This skill activates a buff on you for a few seconds. If an enemy uses a skill against you while the buff is active, it will be blocked. There is also a chance that the skill will instead be turned on the one who casted it. This skill only work for single-target skills.

Parameter increasing with lvl: Chance of reflecting the skill

For: Cloth armor class

Wounded leg: You cut an enemy in his leg, decreasing his walking speed for a certain amount of per cent for a certain amount of time.

Type: Single target control skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: The percentage of the slow-down. Lvl 1 may be 30%, lvl 2 35%, lvl 3 40%, lvl 4 45% and lvl 5 50%

For: Heavy armor class

Knife throw: You throw a knife at an enemy for a distance of maximum 3 yards. The knife is poisoned and makes the enemy incapable of moving or using skills for a certain amount of time.

Type: Single-target control skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Duration of the "stun" effect

For: Rogue

Dark venom: Adds a small amount of dark dmg to each normal attack or skill for a certain amount of time. The amount of added dark dmg is according to the amount of dark dmg you have.

Parameter increasing with lvl: Duration of the buff

For: Death knight

Intense light: A light ray hits the ground, turning enemies in the area on fire making them suffer some sun dmg each second for a certain amount of time.

Type: Drag'n'drop dmg skill

Parameter inreasing with lvl: Duration of the burn effect

For: Mage

Energy explosion: Turns a big amount of your nrg into [insert type] dmg that you deal on an enemy with the next hit.

Type: Single-target dmg skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of dmg dealt

Angels blessing: Increases the physical defense for all surrounding allies by a certain amount of percentage points for a certain amount of time. (Works like aura)

Type: Surrounding support skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: The amount of percentage points added to physical defense

For: Paladin

Heavy nock back: Makes you push an enemy two yards away. After the push, the enemy can't move for a small amount of time. This skill also adds a buff to you that increases the succes rate of charge by a certain amount of percentage points. (This skill should make it easier to use charge in melee combat. Taunting only works against noobs)

Type: Single-target control skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of added percentage points to the succes rate of charge.

Tear armor: Decreases an enemies physical defense with a certain amount of percentage points for a certain amount of time.

Type: Single-target effect skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of decreased percentage points on physical defense

For: Heavy class

Mana transfering: Restore a certain amount of an allys nrg. The amount of restored nrg is according to your own maximum nrg.

Type: Single-target support skill. Not for user

Parameter increasing with lvl: The amount of restored nrg

Bloodthirsty: Activates a buff on you that makes a certain amount of per cent of your dmg into health restoration for a certain amount of time.

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of per cent of dmg that is used as  health restoration

Mighty whirlwind: Summon a whirlwind around you for a certain amount of time that deals a small amount of moon dmg to surrounding enemies

Type: Surround dmg skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of dealt moon dmg

For: Druid, Shaman

Dark tentacles: All enemies around you become incapable of using skills or walk for a certain amount of time.

The animation would be like black "roots" coming up from the ground, tangling enemies.

Type: Surround control skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Duration of the "stun"

For: Necromancer

Poisonous stab: Attack an enemy with a poisoned dagger/sword that makes him suffer some physical dmg each second for a certain amount of time.

Type: Single-target dmg skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: The amount of physical dmg dealt

For: Rogue

Ancient cure: You have a chance to remove negative effects from you or an ally for as example stuns, poisioning and weaking effects. The succes rate of curing a negative effect is separate for each effect. If you for example have two negative effects on your character and you have a 50% curing chance, you have a 50% chance of curing the first effect and then a 50% chance of curing the second one.

Type: Single-target support skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: The succes rate of cure in percentage points

For: Healing classes

Berserk: Your atk speed/physical dmg and physical defense/maximum hp get hightened by a certain amount of per cent for a certain amount of time.

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of added atk speed/physical dmg and physical defense/maximum hp.

Sharp blade: Increses your critical attack dmg with a certain amount of per cent for a certain amount of time.

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of added critical dmg in per cent

For: Dmg dealing class

Protection of light: Activates a buff on you for a certain amount of time.  When you succesfully block an attack while this buff is active, a certain percentage of the dmg that would have been dealt on you is instead dealt on the attacker.

Type: Single-target buff skill for user only

Parameter increasing with lvl: The percentage of reflected dmg

For: Paladin

Fast recover: Activates a buff on your character for a certain amount of time that increases your health regeneration with a certain amount of points.

Type: Single-target buff skill for user only

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of added health regeneration points

For: Blade Dancer

Spinning Blades: If you press the skill icon and then press on a spot on the map maximum 3 yards away, you will "walk" to that spot while you spinn with your blades like a tornado, dealing physical dmg each second to surrounding enemies.

Type: Surrounding dmg skill

Parameter increasing with lvl: Amount of physical dmg dealt

For: Blade Dancer

Magic trap: You can place a magical trap somewhere on the map. When an enemy walks on the trap, it explodes dealing [insert type] dmg to him. A maximum of 3 traps can be placed at the same time.

Type: One-square dmg trap skill (nice name, right?)

Parameter increasing with lvl: [insert type] dmg dealt to the enemy

now i see, i dont go coment i go see first, but have many skills, now i like. Its nice.

now i see, i dont go coment i go see first, but have many skills, now i like. Its nice.

Sadly, your comment didn't make much sense to me so I can't reply properly to it. Please, explain what you mean in proper English. :)

As a suggestion, I think the Deathly Eye should be replaced with another skill like the ability to drain a percentage of the enemies health and add it to the Necro or just take it away as it is rubbish to be used. :facepalm:

As a suggestion, I think the Deathly Eye should be replaced with another skill like the ability to drain a percentage of the enemies health and add it to the Necro or just take it away as it is rubbish to be used. :facepalm:

At lvl 5 I think it drains 14% of the max hp. And it grants a great dot effect, even though it is hard to apply. I got a necro myself and I think it it is a pretty balanced class actually.

• 2 months later...

Your skill suggestion is very good. But devs. not cares it, im think  :cray:

Your skill suggestion is very good. But devs. not cares it, im think  :cray:

Eh, they are adding new skills so I am happy. Especially since I saw that the "Berserk" skill for barbs is finally coming (probably). I mostly wrote these suggestions because I think it is fun to share my ideas and get respone on them.  :)

Bladedancer's: Retribution(I can't remember is this name already taken). Every damage that your hero receives will increase your Hero's attack power by 12% of the damage dealt. This effect can be stacked up to max. 140 attack power.

Barbarian: Heroic Strike/ Shield Bash. Your Hero goes to fury and causes heroic strike which deals damage to equal of your weapon's base damage ignoring defense of the enemy character. If you have shield eguipped this skill will deal damage equal to your defense points but 75% decreased damage and have 100% chance to stun enemy character for 1.5 seconds.

Ranger: Piercing Shots (Passive). Your BASIC attacks will ignore enemy characters armor with 33% penetration.

Mage: Ice Explosion. Mage transforms him-/herself to ice and ignore any damage taken with in 10 seconds. After 10 seconds or earlier if pressed again your Hero will be freed again by shattering the ice that was around him. Shattered Ice will deal damage and have chances to root enemies it. Explosion will be 3x3 aoe.

Just some new ideas that have came to my mind.. Still have whole talent system with my laptop including few new skills and more than 15 different passives for players... Tho' people nowdays wouldn't probably like "new" system... Well you know what I mean

Eh, they are adding new skills so I am happy. Especially since I saw that the "Berserk" skill for barbs is finally coming (probably). I mostly wrote these suggestions because I think it is fun to share my ideas and get respone on them.  :)

Where you are can see it ? ( new skills)

Bladedancer's: Retribution(I can't remember is this name already taken). Every damage that your hero receives will increase your Hero's attack power by 12% of the damage dealt. This effect can be stacked up to max. 140 attack power.

Barbarian: Heroic Strike/ Shield Bash. Your Hero goes to fury and causes heroic strike which deals damage to equal of your weapon's base damage ignoring defense of the enemy character. If you have shield eguipped this skill will deal damage equal to your defense points but 75% decreased damage and have 100% chance to stun enemy character for 1.5 seconds.

Ranger: Piercing Shots (Passive). Your BASIC attacks will ignore enemy characters armor with 33% penetration.

Mage: Ice Explosion. Mage transforms him-/herself to ice and ignore any damage taken with in 10 seconds. After 10 seconds or earlier if pressed again your Hero will be freed again by shattering the ice that was around him. Shattered Ice will deal damage and have chances to root enemies it. Explosion will be 3x3 aoe.

Just some new ideas that have came to my mind.. Still have whole talent system with my laptop including few new skills and more than 15 different passives for players... Tho' people nowdays wouldn't probably like "new" system... Well you know what I mean

Even more skills, now? Nice. Was a couple of months since this thread died. XD

And nice skills. I will give you my thought on each one-

Heroic strike: Seems like a nice skill. Balanced and fine, I think.

Shield bash: Idk abt this one. Seems slightly op. Even though I want the barb to be good, even I must admit that a crit of 2939 and a decent 100% working stun is a bit too much. XD (The dmg I would deal at crit when equipped with shild under warcry buff).

Piercing shots: Even if you got 33% pene, the dmg can still be lowered by the target. Same as with heroic strike.

Ice explosion: Maybe a bit op, but very innovative and cool.

Sorry I must reply with phone because my PC isn't working... Probably it's dead now.. Anyway let me fix some of them. Well.. I have many skills left to be revealed..

Heroic strike always ignore all defense. Heroic strike and Shield Bash never critical strikes. Also Shield Bash can be balanced to proper damage dealt.. Maybe Shield Bash deals equal damage of armor in your shield with 50% reduced damage

Piercing shots is kind of poor compared to others, but I think it will balance game little bit..

During Ice explosion Mage is not in combat so he can receive full hp and energy regen during that time. Also this skill has high cooldown and the explosion damage isn't high (Same as Earthquake's).

You forgot BD and feel free to modify these skill suggestions as much as you want if you like them :)

Sorry I must reply with phone because my PC isn't working... Probably it's dead now.. Anyway let me fix some of them. Well.. I have many skills left to be revealed..

Heroic strike always ignore all defense. Heroic strike and Shield Bash never critical strikes. Also Shield Bash can be balanced to proper damage dealt.. Maybe Shield Bash deals equal damage of armor in your shield with 50% reduced damage

Piercing shots is kind of poor compared to others, but I think it will balance game little bit..

During Ice explosion Mage is not in combat so he can receive full hp and energy regen during that time. Also this skill has high cooldown and the explosion damage isn't high (Same as Earthquake's).

You forgot BD and feel free to modify these skill suggestions as much as you want if you like them :)

Ohh, lol. Wrote it in a rush, that's why I forgot it.

Retribution: Another nice skill. The base-idea seems balanced, it's just the numbers that can be calibrated. But, it looks alot like one of my suggestions.

Ferocious revenge: Each time you get hit, there is a chance that your physical dmg is increased by a certain amount of per cent.Parameter increasing with lvl: Percentage of added physical dmg

And about ice explosion. That made it more balanced. Guess it could work after gms polished it's numbers.

And about shield bash. Ye, bcas even without crit it would deal 1467 dmg, terrifying, isn't it? But as you said they could base it to a proper amount of dmg. Making it depend on your shield seems lika a cool solution.

Hello guys,

Here are some ideas i wanna share with you ...

"Sun Shine" (Priest):Concentrates the beam of sunlight to the enemy causing him to blind like in case of shamans do.5%chance(level 1) to cause "Sunburn"."Sunburn" reduces the enemy's attack power and speed.

Increase in Skill Level:Duration increased.Chance to cause "sunburn" increases.

Cooldown:35seconds.

"Sun Sacrifice"(Mage):Attacks the enemy with a Fire cloud causing Damage over time.5%chance(level 1) to cause "Sunburn"."Sunburn" reduces the enemy's attack power and speed..Backfire with "Sun Sacrifice"(not causing "sunburn")

Increase in Skill Level:Duration and "sunburn"  chances increase.

"Power of Justice"(Paladin)Adds 3 stack of " Ancient Power" on the enemy." Ancient Power"causes the person to suffer bleeding.Chance to cause"pain"."Pain" increases the damage by " Ancient Power".Backfire(5%) causes 1stack of bleeding.

Increase in Skill Level:Duration of " Ancient Power" and "pain" increases."

Cooldown:60seconds.

"Sharpened Edge"(Barbarian)Adds 3stacks of "bleeding" to the target.Bleeding causes the target to bleed out and Damage over time.Chance to cause "Pain"."Pain" increases the damage by bleeding.Backfire(5%) causes 1stack of bleeding.

Increase in Skill Level:Duration of "bleeding" and "pain" increases.

Cooldown:60seconds.

"Death Sentence"(Deathknight)Adds 3stack of "Bat's Scratch" on the enemy."Bat's scratch" causes the person to suffer bleeding.Chance to cause"pain"."Pain" increases the damage by "Bat's scratch".Backfire(5%) causes 1stack of bleeding.

Increase in Skill Level:Duration of "Bat's Scratch" and "pain" increases."

Cooldown:60seconds

"Hellfire"(Warlock):Attacks the enemy with a Fire cloud causing Damage over time.Chance to cause"Cower" on the enemy.Cower has 10%chance to fail one skill,removed after a specific span/after failing a skill.Backfire with hellfire(not causing cower)

Increase in Skill Level:Duration and Cower  chances increase.

"Army of dead"(Necromancer):Summons three horrific dead souls(Hp 600 each,attack 80 Def 800 M.def 800.Which disappear after 5seconds)which attacks on the enemy.Chance to cause"Cower" on the enemy.Cower has 10%chance to fail one skill removed after a specific span/after failing a skill.

Increase in Skill Level:Stats of soul increases,time increases and cower chance increases.

Cooldown:40seconds

Only One character can have one skill from here

"Lightning storm"(Druid/Shaman):Causes a small lighting storm(5secs) affecting a specific area.Chance to cause electricuted.Attacker can also be affected by the storm.

Increase in Skill Level:increases duration of "Lightning storm" and "electricuted".

"Mystic Power"(Shaman/Druid):Causes curse on the enemy,and is guaranteed to be hit by natural phenomenon like quake/Bees.Chance to Cause "Nature's Bane" which makes the enemy susceptible to attacks.Chance to backfire:"Nature's bane"

Increase in Skill Level:Increases duration of curse and "nature's bane"

Cooldown:40seconds.

"Hot blade"(Rogues/Bladedancer):The hot blade skill causes the enemy to suffer 1.5 times the normal attack or skill.It causes "Burning" on the enemy for a short span.2% chance to backfire "burning" on the attacker.

Increase in Skill Level:"Burning" span increases.

"Poisoned Blade"(Rogue/Bladedancer):The poisoned blade causes the enemy to suffer 1.5times the normal attack or skill.It causes"Poison" on the enemy for a short span.2% chance to backfire"Poisoned" on the attacker

Increase in Skill Level:"Poisoned" span increases.

Cooldown:40seconds.

ENJOY!

Freakstone, try to structure up your text a little better. It gets hard to read when there is so much. :wacko:

Over all I think they are pretty nice. I like that you added that little side effect. Some of them are too close to in-game skill though, and it is a bit pointless to suggest content thst already exists.

And oh, the necro one is sooooooooo op. I know it's like the coolest idea ever. But in the standars of todays skills, it is way too good.

Keep em' coming, I enjoy reading them all. :good:

(Funny that this thread rised from the dead when I linked it. I swear I saw a necromancer running around here) . :rofl:

Freakstone, try to structure up your text a little better. It gets hard to read when there is so much. :wacko:

Over all I think they are pretty nice. I like that you added that little side effect. Some of them are too close to in-game skill though, and it is a bit pointless to suggest content thst already exists.

And oh, the necro one is sooooooooo op. I know it's like the coolest idea ever. But in the standars of todays skills, it is way too good.

Keep em' coming, I enjoy reading them all. :good:

(Funny that this thread rised from the dead when I linked it. I swear I saw a necromancer running around here) . :rofl:

Ty :yahoo: ..actually thought of more ideas..but wont fit in 20000characters  :bad:

seems pretty awesome to me.But aint rogues a bit too op already?I mean they have vanish already  :nea:

Of course the skills would be configurated and divided equally among the classes, so that they become balanced.

Of course the skills would be configurated and divided equally among the classes, so that they become balanced.

yes :(

Skill for Priest.

The seal of Harad

Type: Active

The player throws a seal over your enemy, canceling all positive status effects. If enemy is on the effect of power word avera a chance to suffer magic damage.

:give_rose: ;)

Skill for Priest.

The seal of Harad

The player throws a seal over your enemy, canceling all positive status effects. If enemy is on the effect of power word avera a chance to suffer magic damage.

:give_rose: ;)

I like the main idea, it's cool. Idk about canceling all though, that factor would need some fixing. But otherwise it's sweet! :good:

I like the main idea, it's cool. Idk about canceling all though, that factor would need some fixing. But otherwise it's sweet! :good:

It would be interesting, or something like equal terms! O:-)

• 1 month later...

PRIEST

explosion of light

Any enemy within range of the explosion of light, loses the effects of his skills with the ability to not launch attacks for a certain time.

PRIEST

explosion of light

Any enemy within range of the explosion of light, loses the effects of his abilities with the possibility of being unable to battle for a bookshelf.

Wait, what? Please, explain that last part.  :wacko:

Sorry I will specify better!  :dirol:

Any enemy within range of the explosion of light, loses the effects of his skills with the ability to not launch attacks for a certain time. ;D  ;D ;D

Wait, what? Please, explain that last part.  :wacko:

Sorry I will specify better!  :dirol:

Any enemy within range of the explosion of light, loses the effects of his skills with the ability to not launch attacks for a certain time. ;D  ;D ;D

Why don't you just say "stuns" then?

And the skill is kinda "nah" to me.

• 3 weeks later...

blade dancer skill "mirror blade".

required level: 30

damage: 0

energy usage: 11-18

cooldown: 11-15 sec

duration: at lvl1 1.5sec duration , lvl2 2sec, lvl 3  2.5sec, lvl4 3sec

skill description: blade dancer cross his swords and enter full defensive mode. blade dancer can't attack and move when the skill duration is on. any attack or skills used towards blade dancer in this mode will be blocked and the opponent get an instant wind slash as counter attack from blade dancer that do same damage as the opponent attack/skill will do (damage from DPS aoe skill will not trigger the counter attack. any stun skill with no damage like fear and blind will cancel this skill but bd will not affected by the stun)

Mage skill: harad's enhancement.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

skill points: 2

Lvl: 24

Upon activation all your other skills get special enhancements which could be effect change or double activation etc.

Fireball: can be fired twice or burn damage (can crit twice but second crit damage is reduced a little)

Teleport: can teleport 2-3 times but damage decreases each teleport or bigger explosion range on teleport.

Rock skill (forgot name): can be activated twice or cripple enemies (stop them from using skills)

Chain skill: upon activation the more enemies that get caught in this skill with enhancement activation your penetration and crit rate gets increased by 5% and causes your shield skill to completely block one skill by chance if shield skill is used straight after

shield skill: (this is all in one) pon activation increases all stats by 5% and the shield shall explode doing 50% of your magic damage (can crit) with a range of 2x2. Hope you like. :)

Mage skill: harad's enhancement.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

skill points: 2

Lvl: 24

Upon activation all your other skills get special enhancements which could be effect change or double activation etc.

Fireball: can be fired twice or burn damage (can crit twice but second crit damage is reduced a little)

Teleport: can teleport 2-3 times but damage decreases each teleport or bigger explosion range on teleport.

Rock skill (forgot name): can be activated twice or cripple enemies (stop them from using skills)

Chain skill: upon activation the more enemies that get caught in this skill with enhancement activation your penetration and crit rate gets increased by 5% and causes your shield skill to completely block one skill by chance if shield skill is used straight after

shield skill: (this is all in one) pon activation increases all stats by 5% and the shield shall explode doing 50% of your magic damage (can crit) with a range of 2x2. Hope you like. :)

Seriously, that's so op that idk what to say. Xd

• 3 weeks later...

Necro >> Death concotion : Necro throw a bottle of concotion,dealing damage to enemy in 3x3 area or heal for small % to ally

Barbarian >> Mountain splitter : Barb swing their mighty weapon and deal damage based from enemy current health.The more HP you have left,the stronger the damage dealt.

Death knight >> Garahan Charm : DK released their hatred for living to 3x3 area.Deal damage and have a chance to drain hp based from the damage dealt.

Warlock >> Darkness grasp : Warlock called the undead soul from hell to attack enemy in 3x3 area.Those who was damage twice will be bind and unable to move.

Rogue >> Sneaky strike : Can only be used in stealth mode.Attack and steal some of one stat from enemy temporary(max 10 secs and the cooldown should be longer).Stat will be randomly chosen.

Shaman >> Tidal wave : Shaman command the water spirit to aid him.Creating a big tidal wave to strike the enemy 3x3 in front him.There is a chance the tidal wave will push the enemy backward.

I still thinking for elf side probably will post it too  ;D

Necro >> Death concotion : Necro throw a bottle of concotion,dealing damage to enemy in 3x3 area or heal for small % to ally

Barbarian >> Mountain splitter : Barb swing their mighty weapon and deal damage based from enemy current health.The more HP you have left,the stronger the damage dealt.

Death knight >> Garahan Charm : DK released their hatred for living to 3x3 area.Deal damage and have a chance to drain hp based from the damage dealt.

Warlock >> Darkness grasp : Warlock called the undead soul from hell to attack enemy in 3x3 area.Those who was damage twice will be bind and unable to move.

Rogue >> Sneaky strike : Can only be used in stealth mode.Attack and steal some of one stat from enemy temporary(max 10 secs and the cooldown should be longer).Stat will be randomly chosen.

Shaman >> Tidal wave : Shaman command the water spirit to aid him.Creating a big tidal wave to strike the enemy 3x3 in front him.There is a chance the tidal wave will push the enemy backward.

I still thinking for elf side probably will post it too  ;D

Nice skill ideas. Lots of AoE for the legion. Some descriptions are a bit unclear though. But why are the barb's a single target, we need an AoE!  :aggressive: