Bone shield

Exsodus

Question

I got a question about necro's bone shield so will you guys help me out?? ::)

I saw lvl 5 bone shield can take about 411 damage.Now the question is will defense effect the bone shield?For example a mob will hit 100 damage to an unarmour necro.Then he cast bone shield so the bone shield will broken after 4 hits and the fifth hit will deal 89 damage.Will this scenario goes to necro with 1000 defense too?Or the damage that BS taken is after it got reduced by defense??

12 answers to this question

I got a question about necro's bone shield so will you guys help me out?? ::)

I saw lvl 5 bone shield can take about 411 damage.Now the question is will defense effect the bone shield?

Char defense? No. The skill's efficiency (aka time and dam absorption) is only affected by skill level, and i think also by the level of your astral magic? I heard something similar, don't know if it's true.

Char defense? No. The skill's efficiency (aka time and dam absorption) is only affected by skill level, and i think also by the level of your astral magic? I heard something similar, don't know if it's true.

So completely naked necro(take full damage) and armoured necro(take reduce damage) will take the same amount of hit to break the bone shield?

Astral point effect bone shield?I doubt that  :(

So completely naked necro(take full damage) and armoured necro(take reduce damage) will take the same amount of hit to break the bone shield?

Yup. As far as I know (I may be wrong), Bone Shield is not affected by the armor you're wearing, only by your level of Skill.

Astral point effect bone shield?I doubt that  :(

I wouldn't since it kinda makes sense. I do not know if it is true but as far as we can observe, whenever you level up, your magic power raises, affecting efficiency of the Ancient Seal, so I would not be surprised if it affected also the Bone Shield. I hope somebody can answer this for us.

Cant find the topic about it quick now.

But a while ago a topic was about the bone shield and how much it was affected by the def and astral the player had. It was affected, but i dont know in which way anymore.

So if someone can find that topic ;)

At one point I believed def affected it but nope. Only astral and skill level affects bone shield..

Playing around in gg cave with these sets.

Patrol elemental hits 82 @0def

With 207 astral shield absorbs 7 hits at 0 DMG with a breaking hit of 9 DMG

With 155 astral shield absorbs 6 hits at 0 DMG with a breaking hit of 12 DMG

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

I just woke up so duck de math, but yes, this should answer about astral+shield

aaand here some with same sets and added def

Patrol elemental hits 77 @483def

With 207 astral shield absorbs 7 hits at 0 DMG with a breaking hit of 8 DMG

With 155 astral shield absorbs 6 hits at 0 DMG with a breaking hit of 11 DMG

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Assuming that 7*82(patrol elemental hit ignoring defense when shield up) added to 82-9(difference between patrol elemental's partial shield breaking DMG) that at 0def and lv5 shield with 207 astral you will absorb 647 overall.

While 6*82 added to 82-12 at 0 def and lv5 shield with 155 astral you will absorb 562 DMG overall.

It appears as if the def is only applied to the DMG taken on the shield break hits which would explain the differences between 8 and 9 partials and the 11 and 12 partials. Otherwise if def was affecting the DMG mitigation during shield we could imagine the partial hits after break show a larger difference than just 1 point of DMG.

When I first started fooling around with bone shield I was under the impression that the lower the def was was equal to greater absorption not considering that shield could be acting as having 0def. I've tried it under larger and smaller def values since and the results lead me to believe hits taken under bone shield are calculated as if at 0def while the shield break hits take def calculations on the partial DMG received after shield has been broken.

This is pretty much widely accepted as the way shield works, just thought I'd share how I came to prove it to myself.