strategies to defeat priests

darkano

I dont know how to combat whit a priest, when I'm closer to kill them, they destroy all my energy and use their shield, in conclusion I can't kill a priest of my lvl, and I want to know if someone here know how.

excuse my bad english :)

Use mp reg rings and conserve your mp, you cannot use skills during burn effect is on you. Without a lucky chain crit, you will haft to tank the priest down to 0mp to kill it 1v1. On average casters can cycle all skills 2-3mins with full mp.

What you have to do is only pay attention,I mean seriously pay attention to his mana burner skill.After that you have around 10-15 secs to kill him.If in 15 secs you failed then pay close attention to his mana burner skill again.Thats how I fight priest.They are hard to kill but not invicible

For me... I think its really impossible to kill a priest using a shield dk... Why? Most of the priest you see around have lvl5 shield and heal... At lvl 20 their heals doesn't go lower than 600... And +10 doom blade's dmg doesn't exceed 350... Also most healing classes have MP regen on both rings and belt so they don't really run out of mana(37 mp regen as usual)... Even if the priest doesn't use word power(mana burn) they still have armistice(truce) and heal shield again... Not to mention a Kiting Priest who attacks and run for the whole time while he slowly drains your hp... So full +10 shield dk won't win against a full +10 priest (both are pro)... You have a chance if you are a Spear type dk :D..

And as for Spear DK... I think the best skill build is 5treads, 5thorn and 5exhale (just for a this topic [how to kill a priest])... Why this build? Cause you will need to kill a priest as fast as possible with your burst damage... If the battle lasts longer, you will definitely lose cause a priest can replenish hp... Maybe within 20seconds time.. In this you will heavily rely on timing with treads... If u didn't kill the priest... Boom... Armistice run heal shield kite and again and again until your dk die... Hehe.. I think its because range classes are really OP against melee classes... Specially ranged healing classes... We all know that only Luck will give a melee class the chance to kill a ranged class (considering both are pro and have equal amps)...

Or with dk go Frostblade style pew pew almost max (or max i don't know since haven't seen his gear) attack speed with sd spandone. He has it +10 so he hits about 400 every 1.5-2 sec or so. (Depends on def of course)

Few priests are hard for DK.

In my own, i was a Spear type DK.

So,just need to do not spamm skills and wait the right moment to attack.

You are dead meat whitout mana.

It really depends because some priests are really clever like some would use mana burn after shield so basically he takes no damage and then gives you choice... Either run out of mp and die or just slowly fall to your death but maybe just maybe if spear dks are lucky they take the risk and crit, it barely happens but when i vs a priest (i have my old dk back) i use resi one hand and have mp rings and necklaces etc. So as they are busy trying to kill thier own mp ill take action but you need to last atleast over a minute in order to kill them but then again... They run but thats the best part (lvl 5 threads) drag em and pile the damage as they are suppresed you stun them, and maybe thats a win. Unless they use mp pots.

• 2 weeks later...