Raid boss changes

Hourai

Im proposing the following changes to the raid bosses (see: bosses that have a respawn timer larger than 12hrs) in order to make them potentially better than what they are now;

-Change the drop/achievement from a single party which dealt the most damage to guild who did the most damage, therefore anyone in the area who participated for an x amount of time can be eligible for a drop, thus allowing for more guild-related events (raiding bosses) as well as solving the achievement issue some players stumble on

-A lot of powercreep has been introduced, raid bosses could do with a little more scaling to still be considered guild-wise events instead of 1-2 parties effort

I know the first point might make you think that it can be abused by people with low level alts afking for award, as well as rapidly increasing the amount of books/costumes coming in the game, but limits can be introduced as well as drop rates can be reworked in accordance to a lot of things, such as members of winning guild currently present in area, lv24+ plus to be eligible for a drop scaling from t3 (Black elm), to lv26 (Engineer) going up till 30/32 (Orcinus and Octopus), these are all just example values

Typically, people who monopolise raid bosses with their friends are definitely going to be against this, since it will cut down the control of who's eligible for a drop and profits, but im open to criticism either way

Edited by Hourai

• Splendor featured and unfeatured this topic
Just now, Zurp said:

Maybe achievement should still be only for the players in the party which dealt the most damage.

If we're making drops guild-wide why should the achievement stay limited to one party? The only incentive from raid bosses atm is the lucrative drops that go to usually one or two groups of people/friends who somehow manage to keep being the killing party every time. Achievements have made people beg that group of friends/people to get it themselves, so why not remove it altogether? Its an mmo after all, award everyone who participates in something such as a raid

Just now, Hourai said:

If we're making drops guild-wide why should the achievement stay limited to one party? The only incentive from raid bosses atm is the lucrative drops that go to usually one or two groups of people/friends who somehow manage to keep being the killing party every time. Achievements have made people beg that group of friends/people to get it themselves, so why not remove it altogether? Its an mmo after all, award everyone who participates in something such as a raid

Yeah I agree. Would just be weird that you can finish mythical achievement by just standing in location.

1 minute ago, Zurp said:

Yeah I agree. Would just be weird that you can finish mythical achievement by just standing in location.

There could be certain criterias introduced to prevent that from happening such as stated in the OP.

For example, to get the Engineer achievement youd have to;

-Be minimum lv26

-Present in the area for x time

-Deal x damage

You could potentially make it 5/10 minutes in there as well as 30/40/50k damage and itd still be a fine idea. Desensitises to a degree mass group farming as well as allowing people who want the achievement and a drop to be able to get it without resorting to begging or arguing about achievement/drop party slots.

5 hours ago, Hourai said:

Change the drop/achievement from a single party which dealt the most damage to guild who did the most damage, therefore anyone in the area who participated for an x amount of time can be eligible for a drop, thus allowing for more guild-related events (raiding bosses) as well as solving the achievement issue some players stumble on

Abusable by 2nd characters and such. I agree with this being necessary but you need a limit there. Maybe a level cap? Minimum required like 15 or so? 

*reads the next paragraph*

Mi feels dumb. 

8 hours ago, Hourai said:

Im proposing the following changes to the raid bosses (see: bosses that have a respawn timer larger than 12hrs) in order to make them potentially better than what they are now;

-Change the drop/achievement from a single party which dealt the most damage to guild who did the most damage, therefore anyone in the area who participated for an x amount of time can be eligible for a drop, thus allowing for more guild-related events (raiding bosses) as well as solving the achievement issue some players stumble on

-A lot of powercreep has been introduced, raid bosses could do with a little more scaling to still be considered guild-wise events instead of 1-2 parties effort

I know the first point might make you think that it can be abused by people with low level alts afking for award, as well as rapidly increasing the amount of books/costumes coming in the game, but limits can be introduced as well as drop rates can be reworked in accordance to a lot of things, such as members of winning guild currently present in area, lv24+ plus to be eligible for a drop scaling from t3 (Black elm), to lv26 (Engineer) going up till 30/32 (Orcinus and Octopus), these are all just example values

Typically, people who monopolise raid bosses with their friends are definitely going to be against this, since it will cut down the control of who's eligible for a drop and profits, but im open to criticism either way

and everyone forgets kornus, even soloed

29 minutes ago, lore said:

and everyone forgets kornus, even soloed

Didnt forget it but I specified 12h+ respawn timer, Kronus is 6 hours and frankly its not a very contested area and I've never seen issues arise so I'd say its the same room as faceless/spawn on farmable bosses, personal opinion of course

12 hours ago, Hourai said:

I agree that bosses should be harder.

The only boss that actually requires a big amount of people is ORCINUS.

Years have gone by, players have gotten exponentially stronger, and bosses have stayed the same.

About the achievement i agree that it should be give to all guild members on the area , considering everyone participated on the kill, not only the ones that got the highest dps.

But about drops i'm not sure. You need something to actually give meaning to being +10 and having a strong group. Thats also an important part of any mmorpg.

:huh:

Edited by Luan Borges

8 hours ago, Luan Borges said:

The only boss that actually requires a big amount of people is ORCINUS.

Captain Giant Octopus himself requires 30 people just to activate, even more if no proper gear is used

8 hours ago, Luan Borges said:

But about drops i'm not sure. You need something to actually give meaning to being +10 and having a strong group. Thats also an important part of any mmorpg.

Arena and dungeons give enough meaning to being +10 and having a strong group, and they play quite a part in the game enough to leave the raid bosses aside imo

20 hours ago, Hourai said:

Didnt forget it but I specified 12h+ respawn timer, Kronus is 6 hours and frankly its not a very contested area and I've never seen issues arise so I'd say its the same room as faceless/spawn on farmable bosses, personal opinion of course

i mean that the poor dragon needs a huge rework/buff, in both difficulty and drops, since kronus has only its costume to attract pepole while the others have special books.
an upgrade to the dungeon (adding a mythical difficulty for lv32 players can be a idea, wich can be a space for more acessible gear with special skills as set bonuses) in order to give it a new life

On 10/29/2020 at 9:19 PM, lore said:

since kronus has only its costume to attract pepole while the others have special books.

Spawn and Faceless drop no books and are practically costume placeholders, so eh

On 10/29/2020 at 9:19 PM, lore said:

an upgrade to the dungeon (adding a mythical difficulty for lv32 players can be a idea, wich can be a space for more acessible gear with special skills as set bonuses) in order to give it a new life

Good idea, personally against new sets with skills as bonuses but im open to something nice

Also bump for visibility

On 10/29/2020 at 7:19 PM, lore said:

i mean that the poor dragon needs a huge rework/buff, in both difficulty and drops, since kronus has only its costume to attract pepole while the others have special books.

I liked this idea. Let's see if we can do something about it in the future :hmm:

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

I liked this idea. Let's see if we can do something about it in the future :hmm:

Hey! Welcome

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

if u ever do the myth difficulty of kronus dg please make it very hard n complex i need a challenge

Kronus, Spawn, And Faceless needs to be buffed, Books should be dropped from them, or even unique books for them! Such as a Dragon shapeshift like the dragon in the Burn Bright attraction ride

38 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Kronus, Spawn, And Faceless needs to be buffed, Books should be dropped from them, or even unique books for them! Such as a Dragon shapeshift like the dragon in the Burn Bright attraction ride

The whole map needs to be rebuffed. I heard of a rework of Irselnort and Swamps planned for the future, thus there might be the chance for these bosses to be adjusted as well

And btw of adjustments... even old features like castle sieges (especially on the defensive side) shall be reworked. But that's another topic that I believe to be creating in the near future. 

• 3 weeks later...

some bosses really need to be reworked, not just raid bosses, for example, Swamp Slug is one of the most difficult bosses to kill and there is no incentive beyond achievement.

Edited by Shoujo

On 11/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, Shoujo said:

some bosses really need to be reworked, not just raid bosses, for example, Swamp Slug is one of the most difficult bosses to kill and there is no incentive beyond achievement.

Difficulty is relative nowadays. To me, you just need a decent tank build and you can be able to kill it in a fair ammount of time. And I agree with giving Swamp Slug a sort of drop. It's not like you can farm it every single time. But since I heard that Swamps might be reworked, I would not lose hopes completely if I were you. 

It's true, people and especially classes themselves have become stronger but please don't forget that there are still casual players who are not maxed out in every possible way. Adjusting all bosses to the current maximum strength puts those players at disadvantage who don't have much of a chance to grow stronger and keep up with the difficulties...