Druid/Shaman Heal Calculations

barge

Hi all.

i have been messing around with druid and shaman's heal and have come out with an approximating formula for the heal amount...

Heal amount = [30+(heal lvl*2)]

+[char lvl*(0.7)]

+[astral*(1 if shaman, 1.04 if druid)*(0.4+(heal lvl-1)*0.1)]

Please use the astral amount from the equipment (not the amount the game shows in your character screen) if you are a druid as the 1.04 multiplication will make the calculation more accurate. For shamans its ok to use the astral amount as from the character screen.

The following is a calculation example for a druid character with 200 astral from equipments (208 astral on character screen) and level 5 heal.

heal amount = (30+10)

+(20*0.7)

+(200*1.04*0.8 )

=220    give or take a few points.

please feel free to give your opinions on the formula's accuracy and also tell me whats the maximum astral so i could pluck into the formula for everyone's information. :)

(Added)

ok, someone mentioned that getting 280 astral was possible so im going to use that into the formula for a druid...

heal amount = (30+10)

+(20*0.7)

+(280*1.04*0.8 )

=286   

heal amount with merman aura (level 3 aura) = the above amount *1.16 = 332

heal amount with level 5 aura= the above amount *1.22 = 350

thank you

Barge

I'mma tell you that this formula is kind of accurate, but you will never be able to get the exact formula for heal. I just did it and it was off by 6 points. I've already posted equations for each level of heal. They may not be 100% accurate, but they get the job done and are generally good within a few points. Lol.

Thank you demonhyde for trying out the formula :)

just out of curiosity, how much astral do you have? was the astral taken from the character screen? or was it taken from your equipments individually?

barge

I took it from the character screen. It's 170, 5 heal, and I have 186 heal. The formula gave me  192. Like I said, nobody will ever figure out the real heal formula, but we can all get pretty close.

Hi,

In my opinion, the amount shown in the character screen has already multiplied the 1.04 factor from your equipments and it will round down the figure making it more inaccurate.

if your astral is 170 as shown from your character screen, then perhaps your real astral amount from your equipments is 164. the program displays it as 170 in the character screen but its really 170.56 after multiplying 1.04. i know its a real pain to add up the staff astral + glove astral + amulet astral etc... but its more accurate this way for a druid. shamans can just use the character screen astral as they do not have the 4% bonus.

if assuming your real astral is 164 and that your character level is 14 (im guessing here), then the calculation would be

heal amount = (30+10)

+(14*0.7)

+(164*1.04*0.8 )

=186.248

or 186 (the program rounds it down for displaying a round figure)

it would be nice if you could confirm my assumptions.

thank you

barge

Hot damn.... That's actually right. I've been lied to this whole time D: ...anyway, yes I'm level 14. Yes my real astral is 164 after counting it all up. Okay, you definitely deserve +1 for this. Excellent job mate.

thanks for the karma demonhyde  :)

its true that it appears that investing more astral or heal skill will not be a diminishing returns pattern.

i just try to share what i observed.

barge

• 2 months later...

this is for version 3.11.1

Heal amount = [30+(heal lvl*6)]

+[char lvl*(0.7)]

+[magic*(1 if shaman, 1.04 if druid)*(0.14+(heal lvl*0.08 ))]

thank you

Barge

the following tables indicate the amount of magic points needed to achieve the heal with regards to the old astral amount.

Assuming its a level 20 character with 5 heal skill.

Shaman

Astral    Heal    Magic

150      174      186

175      194      223

200      214      260

225      234      297

250      254      334

275      274      371

Druid

Astral    Heal    Magic

150      178      187

175      199      224

200      220      261

225      241      298

250      261      335

275      282      372

Note: For Druid, be sure to use your equipment magic amount instead of the summary screen amount.

thank you

Barge

• 10 months later...

thanks for using a revive scroll on the thread xD.

but you can try putting in your magic points into the formula to see if it works.

Edited by Barge

astral has been replaced by magic.

please use the newer formula:

Heal amount = [30+(heal lvl*6)]

+[char lvl*(0.7)]

+[magic*(1 if shaman, 1.04 if druid)*(0.14+(heal lvl*0.08 ))]

be sure to use your item magic amount instead of summary screen amount if you are druid.

thank you

• 1 year later...