Lifeforce potion with distortion of life book

vavavi

Question

Hello, got a question about how lifeforce potions are supposed to work with distortion of life book.

As it stands, the pot does increase the heal. In the clip you can see me hitting 560, which should translate to ~800 heal, but pot is boosting it to 1,3k. Is this supposed to happen?

25 answers to this question

On 10/23/2020 at 11:46 PM, vavavi said:

Hello, got a question about how lifeforce potions are supposed to work with distortion of life book. As it stands, the pot does increase the heal. In the clip you can see me hitting 560, which should translate to ~800 heal, but pot is boosting it to 1,3k. Is this supposed to happen?

Well, well.. both items work as they're supposed to - no bugs. The right question is: Should something be done about it? R: I have to discuss with developers and you may see possible changes in the future updates.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, Akasha said:

Well, well.. both items work as they're supposed to - no bugs. The right question is: Should something be done about it? R: I have to discuss with developers and you may see possible changes in the future updates.

At it's current state, it's possible to survive against 20+ enemy players attacking you if you use buffs to increase lifesteal. I'm not a developer but that seems just straight dumb.

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

At it's current state, it's possible to survive against 20+ enemy players attacking you if you use buffs to increase lifesteal. I'm not a developer but that seems just straight dumb.

Very true. During Battle for Territories that would mean they can take 2 flags and be at full health at the 3rd 

On 11/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, Drakoknight said:

Very true. During Battle for Territories that would mean they can take 2 flags and be at full health at the 3rd 

Unless your faction didn't take any castle, everyone should have access to those potions and make the best of it. 

56 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Unless your faction didn't take any castle, everyone should have access to those potions and make the best of it. 

I only know of 1 guild that has a castle on my side (Legion US sapphire) and they really only share with 1 other guild

On 11/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, Drakoknight said:

In order for Distortion of Life to heal them while tanking 20+ enemies, they'll have to be stunned 24/7, therefore unable to even hit anything, let alone the flag.

2 hours ago, coldravens said:

Now imane if you combane it with relic of secret theft will be even more funy, soo ya we need this to be changed

Doesn't need relic of secret theft really, healing 210% of the damage you take is already an overkill (You hit 1k, they heal 2.3k)

Heres an example of how broken this is. Keep in mind this is without having any other life steal books, no great charms and just normal gears with enchants.

It can't be just me who thinks that one person, in theory, being able to tank every single opposite faction player at once, as long as they remain stunned, is just stupid.

Had to make the quality a bit worse to be able to upload it.

Edited by vavavi

41 minutes ago, vavavi said:

Heres an example of how broken this is. Keep in mind this is without having any other life steal books, no great charms and just normal gears with enchants.

It can't be just me who thinks that one person, in theory, being able to tank every single opposite faction player at once, as long as they remain stunned, is just stupid.

That's ridiculous. 

Pair it with the Blade Dancers already overpowered damage and you have a one man army in a social game

23 hours ago, Pahx said:

Pair it with warden and lvl 32 set for example, and you have a one man fortress 

Stop stunning them to trigger distort and you have the solution to the problem

2 hours ago, Hourai said:

Bro ur solution is like

On 11/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, Drakoknight said:

That's ridiculous. 

Pair it with the Blade Dancers already overpowered damage and you have a one man army in a social game

It honestly sounds like you know nothing about the game... even the book wont help you damage the flag while youre permanently stunned. This post is a bladedancer being worried about fightin distortion book casters with life force pot who already use it either way for their heals, while he doesn't really rely on the pot. It becomes quite useless to him he can keep running around with infinity resists and 6sec rush stuns hitting ppl insanely high hmmm what else? Oh right having a 10.000 damage absorbing pala shield on him or a druid with all his heals/stuns and the moment he notices a caster gets healed  2.5k by the book he jumps on forum asking for nerfs.. how tragic and devs don't  even bother nerfing or atleast checking those skills

3 hours ago, Hourai said:

Not enough of a solution, and if that warden is invading there will be low lvl players always stunning "trying" to help

1 hour ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Bro ur solution is like

Quite frankly yeah, it is that way. Or don't hit during stuns, to avoid healing them. If you keep hitting during distortion it's not the distort being good, it's the people being morons and ignoring it.

23 minutes ago, Pahx said:

Not enough of a solution, and if that warden is invading there will be low lvl players always stunning "trying" to help

Dispelling relic and massive damage will help take care of it either way. I've seen 75% lifesteal distortion users tank war amount of people for no longer than few seconds, so its not like its a problem.

15 hours ago, AmceRe said:

It honestly sounds like you know nothing about the game... even the book wont help you damage the flag while youre permanently stunned. This post is a bladedancer being worried about fightin distortion book casters with life force pot who already use it either way for their heals, while he doesn't really rely on the pot. It becomes quite useless to him he can keep running around with infinity resists and 6sec rush stuns hitting ppl insanely high hmmm what else? Oh right having a 10.000 damage absorbing pala shield on him or a druid with all his heals/stuns and the moment he notices a caster gets healed  2.5k by the book he jumps on forum asking for nerfs.. how tragic and devs don't  even bother nerfing or atleast checking those skills

Distortion is easy to fight on bds. Especially if its a caster.

It's just straight unbalanced as it is. One book shouldn't make you immortal. Nor should it make it impossible for certain classes to kill you (barb dk lock).

On 11/25/2020 at 2:31 AM, vavavi said:

is this a OG warden?

9 hours ago, vavavi said:

Distortion is easy to fight on bds. Especially if its a caster.

It's just straight unbalanced as it is. One book shouldn't make you immortal. Nor should it make it impossible for certain classes to kill you (barb dk lock).

Ok but who says its impossible for barbs, dks to kill distortion book players? 

From what ive seen barbs and dks have a good chance against distortion book users even without having it themselves, game depends about the perfect build and not about a single book, octopus book excluded.

Lock as it is atm is pretty much useless in 1v1s either way specially against bds.

5 hours ago, AmceRe said:

Ok but who says its impossible for barbs, dks to kill distortion book players? 

From what ive seen barbs and dks have a good chance against distortion book users even without having it themselves, game depends about the perfect build and not about a single book, octopus book excluded.

Lock as it is atm is pretty much useless in 1v1s either way specially against bds.

You can reach 45-50% lifesteal easily with buffs, 60-65% at low hp with secret vamp. Combine that with lifeforce pot boosting distortions heal to 210%, and it isnt hard to see why classes like barbs, dks and locks, that rely heavily on stuns, would mostly just heal the person they're trying to kill instead of doing damage.

Not to mention even castles heal buff also boosts distortion. Palas aura also. You can reach a 50%+ chance, to heal almost 300% of the dmg you take. 

And this whole "waa waa don't stun them then" - logic doesnt work. You can't just "not stun" bds, rangers, seekers, rogues etc in arena. Its completely busted.

Edited by vavavi

12 hours ago, vavavi said:

You can reach 45-50% lifesteal easily with buffs, 60-65% at low hp with secret vamp. Combine that with lifeforce pot boosting distortions heal to 210%, and it isnt hard to see why classes like barbs, dks and locks, that rely heavily on stuns, would mostly just heal the person they're trying to kill instead of doing damage.

Not to mention even castles heal buff also boosts distortion. Palas aura also. You can reach a 50%+ chance, to heal almost 300% of the dmg you take. 

And this whole "waa waa don't stun them then" - logic doesnt work. You can't just "not stun" bds, rangers, seekers, rogues etc in arena. Its completely busted.

In order to have 50% vamp you gotta sacrifice resil even with buffs which aint any effective, makes you die fast even without getting stunned. You mentioning palas aura minging with distortion book heals just shows another point of elf's having more advantage's everywhere. As i said before as an elf of course it bothers you seeing high heals from 2000dmg auto hits

3 hours ago, AmceRe said:

In order to have 50% vamp you gotta sacrifice resil even with buffs which aint any effective, makes you die fast even without getting stunned.

What you mean sacrificing resil? I can simply use lifesteal cape/amu, with awards and a resi scroll. That alone is enough to have almost 45% ish vamp, without secret book even being active, and max resi.

You having an attitude about bds has nothing to do with the topic. The book benefits bds probably more than most classes. Besides, you can get healed almost 2k off barbs hits, way more from rogues.

As i said before as an elf of course it bothers you seeing high heals from 2000dmg auto hits.

Idk what this has to do with one side being unbalanced. Most elf classes don't even get affected by the book. Rangers, palas, bds, druids, priests all have control skills that don't count as stuns. Only class i can think of that suffers alot from it is templar. Meanwhile alot of mc control skills do count as stuns.

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

What you mean sacrificing resil? I can simply use lifesteal cape/amu, with awards and a resi scroll. That alone is enough to have almost 45% ish vamp, without secret book even being active, and max resi.

You having an attitude about bds has nothing to do with the topic. The book benefits bds probably more than most classes. Besides, you can get healed almost 2k off barbs hits, way more from rogues.

Idk what this has to do with one side being unbalanced. Most elf classes don't even get affected by the book. Rangers, palas, bds, druids, priests all have control skills that don't count as stuns. Only class i can think of that suffers alot from it is templar. Meanwhile alot of mc control skills do count as stuns.

In what way does the book benefit bds the most? Bds run around with resist skills stacked x3 and rush with resist added to it, you die before stunning a bd unless you get healed by distor book during the rush stun. This book is a counter against bds, just like a counter vs rangers druids templars and palas, mages aswell with all their mass stuns.

While mcs barely have hmmm one rogue stun, barb some stuns which smart barbs dont rely on, smart barbs go for dps and durability build. Dks only got their stun build. And then theres charmer whose dmg isnt the highest but stuns and pets make them good. You maximally heal 1k off charmers anyways their dmg is split on pets. Shamans don't have a single stun except for their blind control effect and low survivability since they lack heals and shields (ancestor hand absorbs maximally 500 dmg) *cough cough 10k dmg absorbtion pala shield*

In what way does the book benefit bds the most? Bds run around with resist skills stacked x3 and rush with resist added to it, you die before stunning a bd unless you get healed by distor book during the rush stun. This book is a counter against bds, just like a counter vs rangers druids templars and palas, mages aswell with all their mass stuns.

I think you're missing the whole point im trying to make. BDs have to be stunned, or youre dead. Being able to just gain hp from the dmg you take while stunned, to survive long enough to spam more resists and rushes, is how it benefits bds. +distort doesnt heal during ham, so it doesnt really counter bds. Rangers have 1 skill that triggers distort heals, so isn't really a counter for them either, nor does it trigger from roots which are druids main stuns. Mages have 1 stun which lasts like 2 seconds.

While mcs barely have hmmm one rogue stun, barb some stuns which smart barbs dont rely on, smart barbs go for dps and durability build. Dks only got their stun build. And then theres charmer whose dmg isnt the highest but stuns and pets make them good. You maximally heal 1k off charmers anyways their dmg is split on pets. Shamans don't have a single stun except for their blind control effect and low survivability since they lack heals and shields (ancestor hand absorbs maximally 500 dmg) *cough cough 10k dmg absorbtion pala shield*

Barbs without stuns cant hurt anyone, dunno what thats about. Charmer damage being "split" by pets and lower dmgs means nothing, since each of those hits still have a chance to heal. 

I do agree that palas shield is broken as it stands, but thats not the point of this topic.

I'm not saying its broken because i can't kill people, it's the opposite. As it stands i can literally just run into the whole mc team, 3v3 or 5v5, with no fear of dying. And as far as im concerned, that counts as broken.

Edited by vavavi

15 hours ago, vavavi said:

I think you're missing the whole point im trying to make. BDs have to be stunned, or youre dead. Being able to just gain hp from the dmg you take while stunned, to survive long enough to spam more resists and rushes, is how it benefits bds. +distort doesnt heal during ham, so it doesnt really counter bds. Rangers have 1 skill that triggers distort heals, so isn't really a counter for them either, nor does it trigger from roots which are druids main stuns. Mages have 1 stun which lasts like 2 seconds.

Barbs without stuns cant hurt anyone, dunno what thats about. Charmer damage being "split" by pets and lower dmgs means nothing, since each of those hits still have a chance to heal. 

I do agree that palas shield is broken as it stands, but thats not the point of this topic.

I'm not saying its broken because i can't kill people, it's the opposite. As it stands i can literally just run into the whole mc team, 3v3 or 5v5, with no fear of dying. And as far as im concerned, that counts as broken.

Rangers got 2 stuns which last around 8secs in total besides for their rapid hits which trigger the stun enchant real quick, whenever i fight a mage im pretty much stunned for atleast 6secs~.

I think you might play in the wrong server, cz in my opinion its easy to counter that book. Noone can rush inside a 5v5 and just survive cz of the book unless runnin inside braindead zombies without common sense. The book is strong but isnt any near unbalancing wars.