Make dungeons random

Mabel Rachel

Well, the results from this even in other MMORPG games (way way bigger than ours) has been negative in general.

History shows that players simply stop communicating to play solo, and this goes the opposite direction of Warspear's core.

Even though I believe that in some extent this would help, there are many things to consider. If this will ever happen, it won't be an automatic match making. I bet my boots.

so if this suggestion is about making dungeon parties random then how are you going to do dungeons with 5 tanks who rely on healers or 5 healers with no defenses or 5 damagers who cannot survive

with a chance of falling with a player that you don’t even like or even don’t have amplification and don’t know how to make the dungeon, I’m going to dispense myself there are many variables

Unless we'd have an option to select what classes we want for the dungeon we are creating the party for. Which I don't see this kind of mechanics being implemented any soon :pardon:

1 hour ago, SplendorBR said:

Unless we'd have an option to select what classes we want for the dungeon we are creating the party for. Which I don't see this kind of mechanics being implemented any soon :pardon:

now that i read some of the comments i think original suggestion was not about party but the layout of the dungeon but im not sure who understood this wrong, was it me us or the others

Edited by Jcbreff

8 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

now that i read some of the comments i think original suggestion was not about party but the layout of the dungeon but im not sure who understood this wrong, was it me us or the others

For example: you enter Garden Easy and it has like 2 or 3 layouts?

It would be nice if both were random (matchmaking and layout). Ofc the layout can't be 100% random but still, it can be made by multiple premade "blocks". That would be cool for the next spring event.

i though yelling in world chat for a party was some sort of matchmaking....

it could work by having roles? support, damager and tank

the game would then pick 1 player matchmaking from support, one from damager and one from tanks and throw them into a party

but then you have classes like charmer, templer, blade dancer, where do you put those? they could be used to fill slots if there are not enough player matchmaking in a certain category, but then what if there are not enough support classes matchmaking and a charmer or templer get thrown in that party would be unbalanced or capable to finish the dungeon

ahhhh random mechanics are a pain xd

1 hour ago, FakeUser said:

i though yelling in world chat for a party was some sort of matchmaking....

it could work by having roles? support, damager and tank

the game would then pick 1 player matchmaking from support, one from damager and one from tanks and throw them into a party

but then you have classes like charmer, templer, blade dancer, where do you put those? they could be used to fill slots if there are not enough player matchmaking in a certain category, but then what if there are not enough support classes matchmaking and a charmer or templer get thrown in that party would be unbalanced or capable to finish the dungeon

ahhhh random mechanics are a pain xd

And usually the problem is finding tanks so if you cant find them in world chat how would you find them by randomizing parties because there still wouldnt be tanks

2 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

And usually the problem is finding tanks so if you cant find them in world chat how would you find them by randomizing parties because there still wouldnt be tanks

And what if they're actually damagers and not tankers? I've seen many like that lately :help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Basically a dungeon finder witch exists in some of the other mmos, you chose witch role you wana play and the system creates party witch have tank healer and dmger, well in paper idea looks great but in practice wont work cuz it will be too hard to make matchmaker witch to match players with similar power, also some people like to troll imagen dmgers mark them selfs as healer or tank or you que up for myth sea and matchmaker match you with tank who have low deff or dmgers with low dmg and deff. For now a

good old yell in wc is best way to find decent party or joining active guild with strong players

Edited by coldravens

On 10/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mabel Rachel said:

Just like arena when your spamming on your own make dungeons the same saves u gathering people for them 2 leave it takes to long 

I know in theory it sounds awesome,

considering how practical it would be.

But as someone who has played World of Warcraft for the last decade, and has seen the negative impact LFR and LFD ( looking for raid / dungeon ) which does exactly what you are asking , i'm afraid it kills most of the MMO aspect of the game.

Kills the interaction, the world , and really take people away from each other.

I really hope if they one day decide to implement that, they really look at everygame that has done so, and make it somehow different.

The random layout idea seems like fun.

Because when the layout is always the same , we get to a point where we literaly turn off our brains and do it kind of in "auto".

Edited by Luan Borges