Necro max hp: good or evil?

Smilga

Now on all characters having a lot of max hp is good. But what about necro?

I mean, I know pvp/arena necros need HP for obvious reasons, but what about a supportive necro?  :spiteful:

Heal and shield takes away 4% of your max HP ( if you use bone shield or Ancient Seal 25 times you'll be dead), so isn't it better if you have less HP? It would be quicker to heal yourself either with pots or with Ancient seal, wouldn't it?

For example, you have 3100 Hp. You use either of those skills 20 times. You have lost 2480 Hp, and you have to heal back 2.48 k Hp now.

But if you have 2300 Hp  and you use either of those skills 20 times, you would have had lost 1840 Hp, and you have to heal back 1.84 Hp now.

So by my logic, many Hp is bad on supportive necro. :wacko:

But I am not a pro and I don't have a necro yet, plus I may not understand something correctly  :crazy: , so I'm asking you, more experienced players, to verify or deny my theory - "Lot of max Hp is bad on supportive necro".

NOTE: I'm not telling this from my experience, I'm just seeking advice for my future necro.  :drinks:

If you just plan to heal tanks in farming it's simple. Just have a high health Regen close to the HP taken away and don't attack the monster. Just be pure support there for your health shouldn't be a problem.

Max Hp is good for necro, but not great

use lv 13 elegant fingerring x2, use hp regen on amulet (and cape if u want)

I use 69 hp regen but can have more if using cape ench

And do not use hp enchants, they are more of a waste

if going for support role at farming, use impenetrable shroud hood and boots, or bg despite hood and boots.

this will keep your hp low and your crit high

HP isn't even a problem for Necros.

HP Regen and Astral.

Lol, lowering HP on Necro is like going naked while hunting Sam hain.... Useless.

And I thought I sucked at math.. lol, even simple percentage, addition, subtraction and division is too hard for people who focused on their studies. And I used to sleep at math. Actually it's just common sense.

Only time HP would be a problem is when you don't heal to full HP but yea, what's the difference. 50 HP? Not much of a deal.

But yeah just as Mecha said, and no, it's not only for Necros. It's for all classes. Don't use HP enchants if you can get something better. Just remember how to add and subtract when putting dodge lol, you might be giving up 100 hp for nothing.

HP is probably the last thing you'd want to enchant.

i only recommend using lower hp (with high hp regen) when playing support role

it will be easier to keep hp

but if we talking pvp, necro using max hp (half bg light, half gt) then your damage and resi will suck

full gt without doom weapon is completely blind

so I recommend using about 2800 hp

which would be gt + arena mix

basically try to balance out your stats

But in certain cases, like support-only for example, you wont have to worry about acc or hp

just focus mana, crit and hp regen

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning to go Gt+Bg light, but now I'll probably go Gt + arena.  :spiteful:

Instructions are clear for this one: No hp enchants, Hp regen wherever possible, keep good mana regen. Ty guys  :clapping:

I use 69 hp regen but can have more if using cape ench

That is exactly mine too :D

But i use 1 fingerring + 1 zealot (depends on the role the astral or the dark), and have in cloak and amulet HP regeneration.

Next to that i use shroud boots and gloves, but in arena i switch to arena gloves (more HP and more resilence).

Well actually in general, no class would even use GT + Light mix, that's just a huge waste.

No point in stacking HP with low crap Resilience as a caster for PvP. And for PvE that would just suck. Not to mention the stats you lose.

Best Necro gear for PvE is full GT set because of the crit, I would only recommend shroud set when the tank isn't taking much heat or if there are other Necros but this depends on the situation aswell.

Like if you were hunting Blackjack, Echidna or Sam hain you'd have to use full GT, most casters wouldn't understand critical stat and would think having 28% would make a difference when it won't considering how much astral you lose. These bosses, overall, hit hard so you'd need to get to your max astral not max critical.

But when hunting bosses like Anax, Khazhmaar, Granite Guard and etc where you don't really need that much heal would be a good time to go shroud just to show off your critical heals.

1 of the most important things in Necro is HP regen and also astral, if you're having problems with your HP then it's probably cause your stats are noob.

HP is kinda like an illusion, it will fool you to think you should get the lowest HP possible when infact what you're doing is allowing  Rangers and Melees to kill you in a second and get easily nuked by a Druid. This is what gets most people sometimes that they would even switch to Shroud + Arena mix or reduce their HP to 2200.

Also to add the minimum cap for Resilience on casters would be 18%. But, depending on the Necro, 14% could work for a Necro, I've used that much with a +7 weapon and had fair PvPs against high amp Druids.

Anyways, not to turn this thread into a How to stat your Necro topic.

Do NOT focus on the HP you are losing, focus on what you are gaining first, and I mean all of them, before you look at what you are losing and also COMPARE the numbers you are losing from reducing your HP and increasing your HP.

Let's say 2400 is -120 HP per heal and 2800 is -140 per heal, that's ONLY 20 but most people would look at the -140 and not even realize how easily fooled they were. You mentioned if you use heal/shield 25 times then you would be dead BUT did you even add your HP regen or heal to it? Only thing that would bring down your HP would be damage.

PS: I use around 90 HP regen on both Necros I have played and GT + Arena mix for PvP, GT set for PvE.

The only time when the HP loss has given me HP problems was when I was in combat healing another person at PvE but yea, your regen cuts in half and you can't heal yourself but not even Shroud set would change this, get my point?

That is exactly mine too :D

But i use 1 fingerring + 1 zealot (depends on the role the astral or the dark), and have in cloak and amulet HP regeneration.

Next to that i use shroud boots and gloves, but in arena i switch to arena gloves (more HP and more resilence).

Tsja, what armor are you using on astral set? And this would be a question for all of you.

[/size]

Well actually in general, no class would even use GT + Light mix, that's just a huge waste.

No point in stacking HP with low crap Resilience as a caster for PvP. And for PvE that would just suck. Not to mention the stats you lose.

Best Necro gear for PvE is full GT set because of the crit, I would only recommend shroud set when the tank isn't taking much heat or if there are other Necros but this depends on the situation aswell.

So best necro set is full GT right? But the armor is very expensive, so I was wandering maybe there is an alternative for the armor? Cause you know, I'm not a rich and old player, and I don't shit money, so  maybe you can suggest me an other option?

NOTE: if all the armors are junk I probably should start saving now, shouldn't I?  :mega_shok:

GT armor is too expensive indeed :( For maximum heal i use the lvl 15 BG light vestment (need chainless league-quests finished for that)  :blush: