s60v5 client fix list

Vanhelsing

Please write any suggestions about general improvement to the symbian s60v5 client in this topic, but no feature requests. Everything you think would improve the playability on the s60v5 platform, like bug fixes or UI improvements.  :drinks:

Here are the things I saw troughout the forum and that I noticed myself and think should get fixed.

The app could use less bandwidth, which would probably also reduce the battery consumption and the phone would heat up less, especially on 3G. I noticed there is a continuous flow of data which makes the antenna work all the time, on tibia for example it's not active all the time. As a result, it doesn't heat up the phone, consumes only the half of warspear bandwidth and uses less battery.

The native input is really a must. All native symbian apps use the native input, why not warspear. The one provided is just too small. You can leave it, just add also the native support so we can choose. I can write a lot faster using swype.

When used in landscape the menu windows don't fit quite on the screen, the upper parts are cut off.

The onscreen circle isn't necessary on touchscreens, at least not all the time, like when walking, only when interacting with something. Maybe there should be an option to hide it if we wish so we can choose.

The volume is to loud even on level1, so it should be more balanced, quieter, especially when using earphones. There is also no option to change the volume with the hardware buttons.

The map crossings mostly work fine with me, load in 2-3 sec max, but sometimes it takes more than 5, and up to 10 sec which is annoying especially when I'm chased by enemies and get killed before I get on the next part on the map because I can't move till I cross over, but still can be attacked by them for a time.

We can't scroll the text by simply swyping the finger over it up and down but instead have to use the sidebar which is small and inaccurate and it takes to long to scroll that way by using the tiny up and down arrows. The same goes for the map, why use the four direction arrows when we could just drag over it and tap on the square we're interested in.

1. Turn off 3G when playing Warspear, you don't need it. If there was no need of current bandwidth, it would take less. I still don't get what are jerboas for. And white rabbits.

2-4. Mentioned already, in correct thread. Swype ftw!

5. Do you really use sound?  ;D  Isn't music better instead? (If any s60v5 can handle Warspear+music  :shok: )

6. Map was always instant, 5230.

7. Agreed. Well, with chat off there still should be option to type for qwerty phones. And text shouldn't disappear that fast.

Do you feel any special to make new thread instead of typing in http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=79.0 ?  :facepalm:

Ok, you're right, maybe I shouldn't have opened this thread, but now it's here.

I'm not here to make compromises if not necessary. I could turn off 3G, but then again, it could also be improved to work better, it was just a suggestion and a remark from me. I'm not forcing anyone. It's up to the developers to do something about it if they can and want. Just providing feedback.

What's wrong with sound. I like the birds in the background and the other sounds.

Hm, I only experienced the problem once. Maybe the net was slow.

P.S The rabbits and jerboas are there to be slaughtered by us when we get frustrated by stronger enemies :rofl:

1. It will always use more battery on 3G, either if you play Warspear or just check mailbox. I got it always turned off, webpages load slightly slower and that's it.

5. To be honest I never even wondered, if mobile game includes sound.

6. I can't check it right now, but I will, soon.

Jerboas and rabbits are bandwidth leechers too, just to make illusion of how vibrant game is...

have you got problems with Ram? In my 5630 i can't use screensnap (it makes ss when i minimize game, or change map.), but i can use opera mobile and other symbian app using 3g

No problems there Azebu, everything works fine with me.

@Eshirael

1. I know 3G uses more battery. I just thought it wouldn't be bad if it ate the battery less in general, on 3G and without it.

6. Ok, i'm not sure what you ment with the map being instant, but it never loads faster than 2-3 sec on my 5230, and in times it can take more than 5 sec. I don't know if it's the the s60v5 client or something else, either way, it's not fun. :clapping:

"60v5 fix - loading maps up to 15 seconds, rarely less than 5. Not to

mention it's annoying and makes game

impossible to play on my 5230. Now

imagine how people will abuse 10

seconds (or so) invisible when changing

maps, when pk will be implemented."

---That were your words from "Bunch of suggestions"

Btw. There is another bug. When you rotate your screen from portrait or landscape and the application keyboard is active it doesn't rotate with the rest of the screen.

Map crossings, I thought u meant loading of game map (menu -> map). It was late hour and misunderstanding. :P Yeah, but it takes 3 seconds to load even on iPhone 3G, and there is temporary protection zone on corners - with pk released it will be abused. That's why atm it's not mobile game, because only one client working fine is PC. I've been using phone just to farm and talk.

:rofl: Yeah, maybe I should've mentioned the "crossing" . Well, hope they do something about it. It's good on pc, but I really enjoy it on phone. It's a whole other experience. The crossings are the only "real big" issue on phone.

Gameplay - crossings, communication - missing system keyboard on touch phones. Those should be priority now, not to mention already late update.

• 1 year later...

1. Turn off 3G when playing Warspear, you don't need it. If there was no need of current bandwidth, it would take less. I still don't get what are jerboas for. And white rabbits.

2-4. Mentioned already, in correct thread. Swype ftw!

5. Do you really use sound?  ;D  Isn't music better instead? (If any s60v5 can handle Warspear+music  :shok: )

6. Map was always instant, 5230.

7. Agreed. Well, with chat off there still should be option to type for qwerty phones. And text shouldn't disappear that fast.

Do you feel any special to make new thread instead of typing in http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=79.0 ?  :facepalm:

Anyone knows how to use swype as input with s60v5 phone??