Official Discord Server

Khrone

Skylore hasn't even been released and has an official Discord server, but Warspear is 12 years old and doesn't have one.

Note: Discord was created 5 years ago

Why not make one?

12 minutes ago, Abraxass said:

There is one, but almost nobody use it.

I think he means one managed by the admins or moderators. It is the most popular means of communication for warspear players after all. :huh:

image.thumb.png.175ddb998c7f31e3dfde32436cbbf6fa.png

This one is not so active and player managed I believe? Maybe they can post announcement links like in the news & announcement section in the forum. and define roles like the ones in forum like admin, moderator, legendary mentor, brave squire, etc.
It seems like a good goto communication method. I've met tons of new players from discord tbh. 

@Higgings  

Edited by TheCaster

30 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I think he means one managed by the admins or moderators. It is the most popular means of communication for warspear players after all. :huh:

This one is not so active and player managed I believe? Maybe they can post announcement links like in the news & announcement section in the forum. and define roles like the ones in forum like admin, moderator, legendary mentor, brave squire, etc.
It seems like a good goto communication method. I've met tons of new players from discord tbh. 

@Higgings  

I asked and people said this one is not official

9 hours ago, TheCaster said:

@Higgings  

It is player managed but few admins are there

I think he means one managed by the admins or moderators. It is the most popular means of communication for warspear players after all.

Is there still an active admin from Aigrind there? 

I personally can't deal with this in any near future - an official channel is too much responsibility, you can keep the old channel but the forum and tech. support remains as the only official source of communication.

10 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Well, if the Skylore devs are the same as WS, yes, if no, there's still Holmes, Peony, and some other that are only active on Russian forum.

And you lel

Edited by Khrone

13 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Well, if the Skylore devs are the same as WS, yes, if no, there's still Holmes, Peony, and some other that are only active on Russian forum. And you lel

Yea, but no admin is replies actively because is a chat and it's not productive/effective. I don't log in for over a year maybe, because I simply can't handle my work tasks + discord, it's not doable with the team size we have now. But would be nice some time in a more distant future.

26 minutes ago, Khrone said:

And you lel

I wouldn't trust on that. :dunno:

My name is taken in a couple of the game servers, imagine that.:tired2: And as we talk, in BR-T there is an elf impostor claiming to be. :hopeless:

7 hours ago, Akasha said:

image.png.fc7ccbf67969346763feb1266d55f9de.png

I'm not really sure who's who there because the names differ from those on the forum.:tuktuk:

But would be nice some time in a more distant future.

yes please! xD This discord server has got over 350 to 400 members. Mostly inactive though. Maybe some improvement can be made on this only? Would save the hassle of getting these members in again.

My name is taken in a couple of the game servers, imagine that.:tired2: And as we talk, in BR-T there is an elf impostor claiming to be. :hopeless:

spiderman-pointing-at-spiderman.png.284a835b7832f454f0bc06cc9c2ba978.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 8:44 AM, TheCaster said:

image.png.fc7ccbf67969346763feb1266d55f9de.png

I'm not really sure who's who there because the names differ from those on the forum.:tuktuk:

yes please! xD This discord server has got over 350 to 400 members. Mostly inactive though. Maybe some improvement can be made on this only? Would save the hassle of getting these members in again.

spiderman-pointing-at-spiderman.png.284a835b7832f454f0bc06cc9c2ba978.png

I'm the one with the pinky name (Julie) 😄

I made this discord server a few years ago and it was very active for some time but after I had started my studies at university (2 years ago) I kinda lost time and energy to participate in chats actively. 

Not only I but also a few other forum mods/members tried hard to keep it going but the interest in it went really low.

It's a well developed server I guess but it would probably be better to have an official one with someone who really has the time to manage it as his/her job😕

5 hours ago, Morgana said:

It's a well developed server I guess but it would probably be better to have an official one with someone who really has the time to manage it as his/her job😕

I agree, and even before hiring someone for this, it would make more sense to hire in-game support. What I could consider, if I ever get the management of any WS discord channel, would be building an official bot for it and see how it goes. I will add this to the list of ideas.