Next Forsaken Class: The Shadowblade

Baphomet

Shadow blade 

Weapons: Daggers, Swords and Axes
Armor: Heavy or Light Armor
Role: Assassin, tank and off-tank

Abilities:

1: Melee attack that causes increased physical damage
2: Makes incoming heals and shields stronger (Equivalent to the BD parry buff)
3: Single target aggression skill 
4: Free of target 4 yards teleport with a 3×3 radius that heavily slows and silences enemies (Equivalent to the BD hamstring)
5: Steals a portion of the enemy energy and transforms it into a shield (Equivalent to the BD Sap)

First 5 Expert skills:

1: Attack that deals increased damage based on the enemies missing energy (Combo with the energy steal base skill)
2: Increase auto attack damage and speed
3: Creates a shadow of himself with 3 attack range that deals a percentage of the Shadow blade damage to nearby enemies and also has the same offensive attributes as the Shadow blade.
4: Strongly increase the shadow blade movement speed for a short time and while the speed buff is active nearby enemies will be forced to attack the shadow blade. (Equivalent to the BD Run skill, but without need to select an area)
5: For a short period the shadow blade ignores 100% of incoming damage and resist to all rebuffs (Really short period and moderate cooldown in order to be balanced. Putting points on this skill only increase the time of the effect like 2-3-4-5)

I really just want the legion to have a class that is able to wear heavy armor and two 1h weapons like the Blade Dancer, it's what the Legion lacks. You guys take care of the thematic and lore wise aspects of it. I just think it needs to be more magical than the BD since we're talking about a Forsaken class. 

Edited by Baphometh

9 minutes ago, Baphometh said:

You guys take care of the thematic and lore wise aspects of it

Isn't that hard. There are a lot of elves on Forsakens story, it doesn't even need to be a undead, just a corrupted BD xD

Bruh, i love this idea!

We need that! We need that.

BTW, this is more damager or tank?

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

Isn't that hard. There are a lot of elves on Forsakens story, it doesn't even need to be a undead, just a corrupted BD xD

Bruh, i love this idea!

Thank you :angel: 

In my mind he could be able to do both fairly well depending on the build, but more tilted to being a damager overall. Just like Bds are outshined by Wardens, this class would be outshined by the Barbarians in the Tank sector. I really just think whatever the hell BDs are, the Legion should have a class like that :biggrin: I'm glad you like the idea. Hope the devs do read and consider a class like that :unsure:

There is my view:

Skill 1: Nothing to say.

Skill 2: Nice skill, is it supposed to combo with Skill 5?

Skill 3: Nothing to say.

Skill 4: Looks OP. It's even worse than Hamstring.

But since this is just a normal description (there is not percentages) and doesn't has a 1K+ DMG Bleeding, i think it's ok.

Skill 5: Nice mechanic, but will the mana return to the SB?

New Skill 1: Looks cool.

New Skill 2: I didn't understood it, is it supposed to combo with the New Skill 3?

New Skill 3: I also didn't understood. The Shadow will only do basic attacks? If Yes, then the New Skill 2 makes a lot of sense. But it's more like Charmer's pets or more like Druid's? And it will be killable? It will run around or will only attack enemies IF they get in range?

New Skill 4: Looks even better than BD's Charge, but after reading for the second time, you see that it doesn't has Resist and Stun chance.

New Skill 5: I don't really know if it's actually good or bad. Looks OP for the 0% Damage but looks meh for the small time. But nice idea, it's good for both PvP and PvE.

Edited by Khrone

5 hours ago, Khrone said:

There is my view:

Skill 1: Nothing to say.

Skill 2: Nice skill, is it supposed to combo with Skill 5?

Skill 3: Nothing to say.

Skill 4: Looks OP. It's even worse than Hamstring.

But since this is just a normal description (there is not percentages) and doesn't has a 1K+ DMG Bleeding, i think it's ok.

Skill 5: Nice mechanic, but will the mana return to the SB?

New Skill 1: Looks cool.

New Skill 2: I didn't understood it, is it supposed to combo with the New Skill 3?

New Skill 3: I also didn't understood. The Shadow will only do basic attacks? If Yes, then the New Skill 2 makes a lot of sense. But it's more like Charmer's pets or more like Druid's? And it will be killable? It will run around or will only attack enemies IF they get in range?

New Skill 4: Looks even better than BD's Charge, but after reading for the second time, you see that it doesn't has Resist and Stun chance.

New Skill 5: I don't really know if it's actually good or bad. Looks OP for the 0% Damage but looks meh for the small time. But nice idea, it's good for both PvP and PvE.

Skill 2: Yes, combo with the Skill 5 when building tank.

Skill 4: Yes, kinda Op, but it's all about numbers; the damage, slow, silence and skill cooldown. They'd have to balence it.

Skill 5: The mana "returns" in form of a shield only.

New skill 2: Yes, use this and Skill 3 he'll get a lot of Damage-per-second when building damage.

New skill 3: In my mind it would stand still and attack only, untargetable, if the devs can code that 😄 (It's tilted to the pve damager side of the class)

New skill 4: It's just like the Death Knight "Death call", but with move speed and constant agro.

New skill 5: This one is supposed to be a pvp skill, but kinda like the Barbarian's "Last wish" but with a way shorter cooldown and active.

Edited by Baphometh
letter

Hello

An interesting proposition, I do not know if there are too many analogues to Blade Dancer, from what I see, the game developers have departed from the scheme, copy or very similar classes, for example:

• shaman-druid,
  • priest-necromancer,

they try to diversify the classes as much as possible, for example by adding completely different expert skills. Therefore, there is a problem with the balance, the greater the variety of classes, the easier this balance is. 

The idea itself is intresting.

the idea is great , they said they added chieftain to fill the Damage Balance between mc and elf 

but i dont see any dmg Balance in pve , Balde Dancer and seeker can have real high dps in Riad bosses , and with the recent update that increased attack delay of bow and cbow , full attack speed bd can deal more dmg than even ranger , just by doing nothing XD using only att speed skill , idk if you realized or no but bd Basic attack skill at 5/5 deal less dmg than bd normal attacks with pob  , its more looks like every bd normal attacks is skill,

40% bouns to normal attack is just too much 

im not saying nerf bd Pob , because if you do bd simply die in game , i just hope Aigrind add simillar class with normal attack bouns to Legion side (Since there is no class in Legion who get "AS" but Sentinells have 2 class that get "AS" , GOOD LUCK!

That name is so badass. It sounds more like a weapon than a class though.
Maybe a variation of it? xD
Shadow walker? too mainstream?

Love the idea, I feel it should be more of a damage class than a tank class as chieftain doesn't seem to be fulfilling that role based on current skills and setups. I think the skills ideas' should vary from a Blade dancer though.
Brainstorming!!:huh:

On 9/27/2020 at 9:13 AM, PureSex said:

Hello

An interesting proposition, I do not know if there are too many analogues to Blade Dancer, from what I see, the game developers have departed from the scheme, copy or very similar classes, for example:

• shaman-druid,
  • priest-necromancer,

they try to diversify the classes as much as possible, for example by adding completely different expert skills. Therefore, there is a problem with the balance, the greater the variety of classes, the easier this balance is. 

The idea itself is intresting.

I know the Blade Dancer is a strange class, because it's like a mixture of the Rogue and Barbarian, it has a little bit of both, not only in basic skills, but expert skills as well. Maybe it's a failed concept from the past, like when the Elves didn't have a real tank - Wardens - they were there to fulfill this role and now It's just a messed up class 👀 But I just love the idea of a tank that can use weapons in both hands - not 2h weapons - . 

On 9/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, Kamisama said:

the idea is great , they said they added chieftain to fill the Damage Balance between mc and elf 

but i dont see any dmg Balance in pve , Balde Dancer and seeker can have real high dps in Riad bosses , and with the recent update that increased attack delay of bow and cbow , full attack speed bd can deal more dmg than even ranger , just by doing nothing XD using only att speed skill , idk if you realized or no but bd Basic attack skill at 5/5 deal less dmg than bd normal attacks with pob  , its more looks like every bd normal attacks is skill,

40% bouns to normal attack is just too much 

im not saying nerf bd Pob , because if you do bd simply die in game , i just hope Aigrind add simillar class with normal attack bouns to Legion side (Since there is no class in Legion who get "AS" but Sentinells have 2 class that get "AS" , GOOD LUCK!

I see the Chieftain as a Area-of-effect Seeker, I think this class will be able to deal insane never before seen AoE Damage, but I don't think that's really what the Legion needs. You are right about Sentinels having way more DPS and don't forget that the Priest has a Attack speed buff as well 😞 Thank you

13 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Love the idea, I feel it should be more of a damage class than a tank class as chieftain doesn't seem to be fulfilling that role based on current skills and setups. I think the skills ideas' should vary from a Blade dancer though.

Yeah, maybe an unique class, like a magical rogue, that's able to convert physical damage into magical damage since it's a Forsaken class, but I think that'd be maybe to complicated for the game :unsure:

28 minutes ago, Baphometh said:

Yeah, maybe an unique class, like a magical rogue, that's able to convert physical damage into magical damage since it's a Forsaken class, but I think that'd be maybe to complicated for the game :unsure:

No, it's not.

I have thinking about a magical assassin for a long time, and it's not that hard to do. The skills just need to convert physical damage to magical damage.

Example:

Mana Sword (bruh)

Deals 160% of the physical damage of the character as magical damage.

So if you had 1K physical damage, the skill will deal 1.6K magical damage.

Now about basic attack, the class could have a passive that transforms the physical damage of the basic attack into magical one, but i think nobody would level it up lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, Khrone said:

Bruh, i love this idea!

that would not leave the logic that each class of the outcasts is an opposite variation of the chosen ones and that the living dead elves are victims of preococitos and always have the worst jobs and the current logic of the classes that have holes and that paladin = Dk mage actually a Aqui-Mago by the history of the map 1 = necromancer sacedoter = Warlock explored = chamer this one has a hole in the script here comes templar = ??????????? I would recommend the lich class in the history of map 1 says that they exist, there is even a mini bos lich and a lich would be ideal it would be a mixture of necromancer, death knight and chamer ta more for control that withstands damage than for kkk support but that's it even Lich if the living dead have to have the liches that are the living motorcycles that keep the secret of the evolution of the living dead if you think that and put in the t4 map 1 has the mission that after the death knights ends knights of nightmare and top the outlawed history want more translation into Portuguese Br kk from slave to decurion

5 minutes ago, Railson Almeida said:

that would not leave the logic that each class of the outcasts is an opposite variation of the chosen ones

DK = Paladin

Warlock = Mage

Necro = Priest

Charmer = Templar

So, following your logic, the next class will be the Seeker counterpart?

7 minutes ago, Railson Almeida said:

in the history of map 1 says that they exist

Well, Jakkars appear on the Forsaken history, but it doesn't mean that is a class option...

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

Following this logic, it should be Chieftain. 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Following this logic, it should be Chieftain. 

Well your not wrong. Chieftain is really a mix of Seeker and Blade dancer

3 hours ago, Khrone said:

DK = Paladin

Warlock = Mage

Necro = Priest

Charmer = Templar

Well, Jakkars appear on the Forsaken history, but it doesn't mean that is a class option...

DK = Paladin

Warlock = Mage

Necro = Priest

Charmer = exploring

templar= ??????

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Well your not wrong. Chieftain is really a mix of Seeker and Blade dancer

In any case we are speaking of unique classes, which shall not compared in strenght with others on the other side. 

7 hours ago, Railson Almeida said:

DK = Paladin

Warlock = Mage

Necro = Priest

Charmer = exploring

templar= ??????

Charmer = Seeker? So i think that WD = Hunter

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Charmer = Seeker? So i think that WD = Hunter

Charmer = Seeker? I think Seeker = rogue and Charmer = Templar

46 minutes ago, Avamanyar said:

The last time my brain got really confused is when the time I read the brdo guide thread. 🤯🤕

What