PVE & PVP Build suggestions

Risc

Hi! All. Assuming this is the first post in this section....Please post on your thoughts on good builds for Templar. 😁

Based on my experience at Test Server and on-going quest grind, the below is my build for a Physical Damage & melee focused play style. The points are allocated based on max level in mind.

PVE 

Blame - 1/5
Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5

Reverse Flow - 3/5

Grace - 5/5

Combat Support - 1/5

Harad's Teachings - 4/4
Touch of Truth - 1/4

Mantra of Healing - 4/4

Deity Statue - 1/4

Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4 (The Skill name for this is confusing. The shop calls it a Trick. While the Skill description says otherwise)

PVP - Same as above, except, I would max Reverse Flow and keep Grace at 3/5.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its been a while since the update. Just a bit of intro before, getting into the builds suggestions -

Currently at Level 30. Done a lot of game content - PVE, Arena, Territory wars, Dungeons and Sea events.

I started to enjoy the class once I had equipped Level 26+ gear. In the end, from my perspective, the class is reliant on good gear, amplification and enhancements to really make a difference...a general rule anyway.

Moving on, Tested it with pure Physical, Pure magical and Mixed damage builds. I feel in the end Mixed damage is the best in the current meta.
Pure Physical - High damage (Able to to do 5.5k+ damage with Sucker punch) at the cost of low 'Stun heals'
image.png.da650e20d05d5db76773a18ec1c853f2.png

Pure magical - Blame does really high damage, However that's the only magic dps skill. You miss out on other physical dps skills. Stun heals are high, Especially when they crit.
image.png.f93db38ffe4305858d8d28b7bc2ca12d.png

Based on Level 30 skill points with "One hand mace + shield"

Arena/Territory Wars - Quite a number of players have some degree of resist stat. Barbarian, Blade dancer, Mage (and maybe other classes) have the resistance active skill, that resist a lot of our stuns/debuff. So its all about timing. Touch of truth (aka yellow tile skill) provides a 7 sec silence at 4/4, however its too situational and takes up time to set up. 

Basic: Blame - 1/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5 | Reverse Flow - 5/5 | Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 4/4 | Touch of Truth - 1/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4

To note, if one has the Cooldown (CD) stat of at least 70% its possible to spam Deity Statue, Combat Support and Reverse flow (aka Vortex) skills.

PVE: Same as one as that in the first post. I feel max Grace is important in any build. Ensure you have either the below relic equipped to always have it up or a high CD.  Vortex can be maxed as its a great tool to escape from mobs in sea or other hostiles. (Though do keep a healer minion, in case stuns are resisted in dungeons)

image.png.f6948f71debebea934d5666e581a83e5.png

DPS Variant: From a pure dps perspective, I am testing the below, as Vortex does not last long. Has a High chance to be resisted in most end game content. Just maxing out all that do either physical or magical damage.

Basic: Blame - 5/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5 | Reverse Flow - 1/5 | Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 4/4 | Touch of Truth - 1/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4

Edited by Risc

Hybrid is the way to go at the moment until they release the remaining 4 experts

Im running whirlwind 5/5 grace 5/5 flow 3/5 teachings 4/4 mantra 4/4 and punch 4/4 with shield+mace on dual merman sets and the dmg as well as healing is pretty satisfactory in every pve scenario i've been at

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, babybus said:

5/5 4/5 4/5 1/5 1/5

1472284420_8.png.19463774fc1ef597801d6c1892f39784.png4/4

1506546777_10.png.62b0b1087362bfb7d903772ea9a1368f.png4/4

im stop in lv28 and just pvp

Can do 5 whirlwind and 3 flow as there's practically no difference from 3 to 4.

Also, levelling Blame to 5 without also getting the silence skill to 3 or 4/4 is not pretty viable as you're left with very little silence time before you can drop blame for stun.

1 hour ago, Hourai said:

Can do 5 whirlwind and 3 flow as there's practically no difference from 3 to 4.

Also, levelling Blame to 5 without also getting the silence skill to 3 or 4/4 is not pretty viable as you're left with very little silence time before you can drop blame for stun.

why cant levelling Blame to 5 without also getting the silence skill to 3 or 4/4

and 200156957_2.png.bdc58334c81e6ed65b3e84b0a577a660.pngdamage is too weak. Level 4 is just for special effects

1236336694_3.png.724fdc409e2dfddaa1e599e088e475b4.png lv4 good in 5x5. The difference between target numbers 4 and 5

11 minutes ago, babybus said:

why cant levelling Blame to 5 without also getting the silence skill to 3 or 4/4

Because 

1 hour ago, Hourai said:

Levelling Blame to 5 without also getting the silence skill to 3 or 4/4 is not pretty viable as you're left with very little silence time before you can drop blame for stun.

12 minutes ago, babybus said:

200156957_2.png.bdc58334c81e6ed65b3e84b0a577a660.pngdamage is too weak. Level 4 is just for special effects

Damage scales off your physical, and it scales even better if you have ferocity included, plus it hits area of effect.

Its effects are practically unreliable (except the accuracy reduce, but if you don't go dodge its pointless"

13 minutes ago, babybus said:

1236336694_3.png.724fdc409e2dfddaa1e599e088e475b4.png lv4 good in 5x5. The difference between target numbers 4 and 5

VuYZit8.png

4小时前,hourai说:

可以进行5次旋风和3次流动,因为3与4之间几乎没有区别。

另外,将Blame级别提高到5却没有使沉默技能也提高到3或4/4也不可行,因为在剩下的沉默时间之前,您可以为眩晕而责备。

i dont think very little silence   is problem

my combo is   1236336694_3.png.724fdc409e2dfddaa1e599e088e475b4.png1506546777_10.png.62b0b1087362bfb7d903772ea9a1368f.png1798313208_7.png.b492184fb0ac987c67d934dbb00bc447.png696610410_1.png.5c0f3b085b0dc05a43250e2ab9cb9f7a.png

On 10/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Hourai said:

Hybrid is the way to go at the moment until they release the remaining 4 experts

Im running whirlwind 5/5 grace 5/5 flow 3/5 teachings 4/4 mantra 4/4 and punch 4/4 with shield+mace on dual merman sets and the dmg as well as healing is pretty satisfactory in every pve scenario i've been at

Here's a video of how this build works out against a dummy actually, as well as relics I use, if you can tell by their image at least

• 4 weeks later...

Finished farming Lv 29 Arena gear. Based on different modes of arena, I feel the current build is optimal for Templar

Based on Level 32 skill points with "One hand mace + shield"

Arena/Territory Wars 

Basic: Blame - 1/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5 | Reverse Flow - 3/5 | Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 4/4 | Touch of Truth - 4/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4

Returning to PVE aspect, while I await, the next Templar class update, based on party play which is needed for efficient clearing of Horror dungeons, I felt the Deity Statue (4/4) is more reliable for group play in dungeons. Since most mobs just auto attack. Mantra of healing is rarely used, by me, when paired with life steal accessories/enchants and heals from stun procs.

2 hours ago, Risc said:

Finished farming Lv 29 Arena gear. Based on different modes of arena, I feel the current build is optimal for Templar

Based on Level 32 skill points with "One hand mace + shield"

Arena/Territory Wars 

Basic: Blame - 1/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5 | Reverse Flow - 3/5 | Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 4/4 | Touch of Truth - 4/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4

Returning to PVE aspect, while I await, the next Templar class update, based on party play which is needed for efficient clearing of Horror dungeons, I felt the Deity Statue (4/4) is more reliable for group play in dungeons. Since most mobs just auto attack. Mantra of healing is rarely used, by me, when paired with life steal accessories/enchants and heals from stun procs.

Ok I'm a DeathKnight and I have actually seen Whirlwind of Repentance actually punch holes in Defenses so really use it alot

11 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Ok I'm a DeathKnight and I have actually seen Whirlwind of Repentance actually punch holes in Defenses so really use it alot

Is it? I doubt that. As the skill does Aoe damage. Only debuffs are Movement speed and accuracy reduction, as given in skill description below. Unless there is a penetration relic equipped along with high penetration stat.
image.thumb.png.4711b728834eca3c0fe613267f919dee.png

• 2 months later...

Thinking out loud...The rise and inevitable fall of Templars....

Hopefully the entire class is revamped in future..

(P.S: I know its a silly rant and out of context.....)

Edited by Risc

51 minutes ago, Risc said:

Thinking out loud...The rise and inevitable fall of Templars....

Hopefully the entire class is revamped in future..

(P.S: I know its a silly rant and out of context.....)

why? what's wrong with the class? seems to me like a decent class to play

3 hours ago, Ogull said:

why? what's wrong with the class? seems to me like a decent class to play

I would say that this class is just fine. And I'm in the legion and has fought many. I would say the next classes to get buffed is Paladin, DeathKnight, Warlock, Necromancer, and Hunter. 

Edited by Drakoknight
Forgot Warlock

So what is the position for this class? 

If dmg, there have mage/range/seeker can do well. 

If tank, there have warden/paladin/bd can tank well. 

If shield and cc, druid and priest are more cc and heal/shield. 

1 hour ago, Biby said:

So what is the position for this class? 

If dmg, there have mage/range/seeker can do well. 

If tank, there have warden/paladin/bd can tank well. 

If shield and cc, druid and priest are more cc and heal/shield. 

while it can't be as good as any of them... it damn sure can be any of them

templer as well as charmer, if there is mage/ranger/seeker or any dmg then templer can be the tank, if there is warden/paladin/bd or any tank then templer can be the support, if there is druid/priest or any support then templer can be the dmg and the cycle repeat it self

your first mistake is asking for the templer position, if you are looking for dmg you make a dmg class, if you want a tank you make a tank, if need a support you make a support

but the templer/charmer don't fall under those rules, they don't need to be 1 if they can be any, yes i know they are not as good as a actually tank or healer..etc but that's "the contract you signed" the class you chose, there ability to equip 2 completely different armor type, their ability to equip melee weapon as well as ranged weapon, their ability to deal physical damage as well as magical damage were all given to the templer to be whatever the arise situation needs them to be

the same problem happened to mc or legion when they first got presented the charmer, everyone was confused, no one knew what to do with the class, and charmer players complained in forums for fixes, but after a while people started to figure the class out and get the hang of it, and now i feel really happy and comfortable when a charmer is in my party

Edited by Ogull

• 1 month later...

Had a go at lv5 shield at the cost of 5 whirlwind, and full phys accessories these days.

The shield for PvE is absolute bonkers, like a mini paladin shield castable every 16 seconds (with my cd) and staying for almost 13 seconds with extended duration relic. Makes underwater bosses and adventurers a bit less focused on hoping for 21k crits to lifesteal and more about the actual adventure.

Full phys is great damage on whirl and punch, but the lack of healing can be felt very quickly if you're used to somehow being on full hp everytime with hybrid. Do love full phys for faster kill quests but hybrid personally is arguably better on anything with 20k+ HP anywhere

1 hour ago, Hourai said:

Had a go at lv5 shield at the cost of 5 whirlwind, and full phys accessories these days.

The shield for PvE is absolute bonkers, like a mini paladin shield castable every 16 seconds (with my cd) and staying for almost 13 seconds with extended duration relic. Makes underwater bosses and adventurers a bit less focused on hoping for 21k crits to lifesteal and more about the actual adventure.

Full phys is great damage on whirl and punch, but the lack of healing can be felt very quickly if you're used to somehow being on full hp everytime with hybrid. Do love full phys for faster kill quests but hybrid personally is arguably better on anything with 20k+ HP anywhere

So does it actually work for PvE?

7 minutes ago, Khrone said:

So does it actually work for PvE?

Would be great if you could clarify which of the two did you mean to ask that for, the shield or the full phys?

Both work for pve, although still would say hybrid beats full physical in PvE, and thats personal opinion as multiple heals on top of lifesteal beats life steal only

Just now, Hourai said:

Would be great if you could clarify which of the two did you mean to ask that for, the shield or the full phys?

Both work for pve, although still would say hybrid beats full physical in PvE, and thats personal opinion as multiple heals on top of lifesteal beats life steal only

I mean the whole class LOL

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

I mean the whole class LOL

Oh lol, hell yeah does it work in PvE. It's not a specific role in a group but it can do everything. Obviously, if you want to see big numbers, you don't pick templar, and if you want to see 3+ heals you pick a druid or priest, but if you like a kit that lets you be mobile, deal respectable aoe, heal respectable aoe, protect and move through danger without worries, its the class to be.

• 1 year later...

This is my builds, and how i use them, hybrid set, heavy with cloth coodown gear, full stun 17.3 all winter set, friendly pvp with my buddy thou