First Hit or First 10% damage

vernonb

I was having a discussion with a friend and we were talking about which is more important when getting a kill on a boss.. First hit or first 10% of damage dealt? We've had some other people try to steal our boss kills and it would only be 2 people. As far as I understood, whichever party dealt the first 10% of damage first would get the kill. Please correct me if I am wrong. An answer from a dev would be nice. thanks

first 10% of damage, i know it not only bcoz kuz/mioco said but also bcoz a party tryed to steal kratt from us 3-4times and 2 times they did first hit but the guy who needed quest didnt got it done bcoz we did 10%dmg first (the guy tryed to steal boss with aggression, help he wasnt a option)

Who first deals 10% of damage

This is false, while me & party helping people at B. Guards, we let them make it half hp then we take aggro and atk but they didn't get it.. We did..

I don't know how that works at granite guard. we only did about 20% damage to lambert and then had another party attack as well and we received the drop. don't know how u managed to get the kill when it was already down 50%. maybe you're bugged ;-)