Jump to content

New Legion Class - Chieftain


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

I decided to make life a little easier for a person interested in the new class, below I'll give you skills statistics and even share my opinion what I think about it. 

The Chieftain is a class that can use two mace, a spear, a two-handed mace. It can wear leather or cloth armor. It is a class not really known yet, little can be said after just a few hours of testing, so treat my opinions with a wink of salt, and remember that these are the data from the test server and the parameters CAN BECOME CHANGE

 

BASIC SKILLS

 

Main damage skill.

icon_skill_8679_01_large.png Blow of the Spirits (active)

Magical attack dealing increased damage to the enemy. (120%/130%/140%/150%)

 

Eagle Eye (AoE damage) 

взгляд орла.png Eagle Eye (active)

Applies a positive attacking effect "Eagle Eye" to the character for some time (4sec/4sec/6sec/6sec/8sec). The effect deals periodic magical damage(30%/40%/40%/50%/60%)(every 2sec) to all enemies within one yard. Additionally applies the “Bleeding” negative effect for some time(12sec) upon a critical hit with the skill.  The opponent takes periodic physical damage(10%/15%/20%/25%/30%) and multiple effects can be applied to the same opponent. (max number of targeds 4/4/5/5/6)

 

Heal

Медвежья выносливость.png Bear's Stamina (active)

Instantly regains the character’s health depending on the magical power (70%/80%/90%/100%/110%) of the character and additionally a percentage of missing health (9%/11%/13%/15%/18%). 

 

Moblity/damage skill

Волчья прыть.png Wolf's Alacrity (active)

Applies a positive effect “Wolf’s Alacrity” on the character for some time (4sec/5,5sec/7sec/8,5sec/10sec).The effect increases movement speed of the character(10%/20%/30%/40%/50%). The next successful autoattack the effect deals physical damage (120%/140%/160%/180%/200%) to the enemy and reduces their movement speed(-20%/-30%/-40%/-50%/-60%) for some time (1sec/2sec/2sec/3sec/3sec). The effect then vanishes from the character.

 

Root

Взбучка.png Thrashing (active)

Roots in place all enemies in the specified area and reduces attack speed and physical and magical power(-10%/-20%/-30%/-40%/-50% same amount attack speed and power) of enemies for some time (4sec/4sec/5sec/5sec/6sec). (max number of targets 3/4/5/5/6)

 

EXPERT SKILLS:

 

Помощь кланов.png Clans' Help (passive)

Every time upon using the skills of certain clans, the character receives a buff ( each buff for 60sec on all lvls), and when three buffs are accumulated, the character receives the “Clans’ Help” positive effect for some time (5sec/6sec/7sec/8sec). Clans of the Wolf and Rat — the effect increases the Dodge parameter of the character (8%/12%/16%/20%). Clans of the Eagle and Puma — the effect increases he Critical Hit parameter of the character (10%/12%/14%/16%). Clans of the Bear and Boar — the effect increases the physical and magical defense of the character (20%/30%/40%/50%).

 

 

Чумное проклятье.png Curse of the Plague (active)

Sends a monster to the specified area. The monster deals periodic magical damage (30%/40%/50%/60% every 2 sec) to all enemies within one yard of itself and at the end of the path, then it disappears. Additionally applies a negative effect “Curse of the Plague” with a certain chance (10%/20%/30%/40%) for some time (4sec/6sec/8sec/10sec). The effect reduces the Accuracy parameter and the opponent’s cooldown speed (-10%/-15%/-20%/-25%).

 

Пикирующее войско.png Swooping Army (active)

Creates an attacking area for a certain time. The area deals periodic magical damage to all enemies (15%/20%/25%/30% every 1sec) in it and reduces the “Dodge” parameter for all enemies (-5%/-7%/-9%/-12%). (Max number of targets 3/4/5/6)

 

 

Прочная шкура.png Rugged Hide (active)

Applies a “Rugged Hide” positive effect to the character for some time (6sec/8sec/10sec/12sec). The effect reduces any incoming damage (-12%/-22%/-32%/-42%) based on the missing health of the character (+0,4%/+0,6%/+0,8%/+1% for every 2,5% missing health)

 

 

Кошачьи рефлексы.png Cat Reflexes (active)

Increases the “Accuracy” (6%/7%/8%/9%) and “Critical Hit” (10%/12%/14%/16%)  parameters of the character for the duration of the skill. Additionally increases the “Accuracy” parameter of the character for a certain time after an enemy dodges any attack (+7%/+8%/+9%/+10% for 4sec/5sec/6sec/7sec). Skill with a constant energy drain.

 

As I wrote earlier, these parameters may change, although I wouldn't anticipate any major changes, rather small percentages as usual.

The character itself seems to be interesting, but at the same time quite complex, mainly by passive skill. The class itself is very universal and there can be a lot of variants of its construction, the skills are mostly based on magic damage. I would personally use on her leather helmet and boots, cloth belt, armor and gloves, also magic dmg accesories to max heal/dmg from skills.

The only skill that seems completely missed is the monster.It would be more useful if the monsters he is dealing damage with go in his direction, the currently released summon deals 1/2 times the damage, the attacked mob rushes towards us at once. 

Based on the first tests, my skill set would look like this:

5/5 speed skill, 5/5 heal/ 3/5 trashing 4/4 cat reflex, 4/4 passive skill, 4/4 deffence skill, or 5/5 speed skill, 5/5 aoe, 3/5 heal 4/4 swoaping army, 4/4 cat reflex, 4/4 passive skill.

 

I invite you to a cultural discussion, your thoughts on the ideas for this class, what is the first impression of it. Thank you and have a nice day

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My deepest compliments for such dedication to the project; this class isn't even released and you made such a detailled explanation. 

 

I consider this class suitable for solo, and I would try to make builds by basing everything on what I've seen. It's pretty clear to me that the best combination for this class are 2 maces, one Physical and the other Magical. Using points on single hits target skills sounds like a waste of useful skill points to me, and since this class benefits a lot from solo, I would recommend not to understimate the Thrashing skill (I'm disappointed on the duration... 6 seconds is quite too low for a maxed skill, although it's power is strong). The fast movements are not things that make me love the concept of the entire class, first because it lasts for 10 secs and only for 1 hit, second because the 3 seconds of speed reduction is not worth in my opinion to gift this skill 4 points; on the other hand, its ability to be tanky is impressive. 

 

Here as a result my idea: Bear's Stamina 5/5, Thrashing 5/5, Wolf's Alacrity 3/5 (but only because I dislike the ammount of damage those 2 skills deal). My experts are: Clan's help 4/4, Rugged Hide 4/4, Cat Reflexes 4/4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Here as a result my idea: Bear's Stamina 5/5, Thrashing 5/5, Wolf's Alacrity 3/5 (but only because I dislike the ammount of damage those 2 skills deal). My experts are: Clan's help 4/4, Rugged Hide 4/4, Cat Reflexes 4/4. 

seems like a class that was given the right tools to go solo, and he have pretty solid survivability, but everyone seems to be crazed by the fact that it can hold 2 physical one handed maces although 90% of his skills are magical, and not to forget his rugged hide put dk expert damage reduction skill to shame

i am also really interested in his capability with parties in dgs, and really the power of his aoe damage, plus he's still missing 4 expert skills, the class future might hold a more physical oriented build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Here as a result my idea: Bear's Stamina 5/5, Thrashing 5/5, Wolf's Alacrity 3/5 (but only because I dislike the ammount of damage those 2 skills deal). My experts are: Clan's help 4/4, Rugged Hide 4/4, Cat Reflexes 4/4.

instead if go with

aoe master (+ pve ++ pve solo -pvp +pvp mass ): 5/5 eagle eye, 3/5 bear power and 5/5 trashing and then 4/4 swooping army, rugged hide and car reflexes

 

as result i gain a class wich dosent near to noone accuracy on its gear and possesses high critical hit

it ended up dominating on mass mob situations since there was a high aoe damage output (with certain hits) suppoerted by many critical hits, and rugged hide will provvide protections to urself aiganist the area attacks from bosses or soloing while trashing will also help on making the boss' aoe way less dangerous

as in pvp, in small fights it wont have much a changing moove but in groups its aoe can be a issue to the enemies and adding that thier dodge will also be decreased, the light armored will be more vulverable and trashing can be used to decrease the lethality of the high damagers and if the chieftan gets targeted by multiple players it can use hide for become higly resistent and not worth all the focus since its allies will gain time

main stats: magic mace on main hand (and physical on offhand) high critical hit and skill cooldown and if possible penetration

-----

damage bomb(++ pve, +pve solo, +- pvp, +- mass pvp): 5/5 eagle eye, 5/5 bear power and 5/5 wolf alacrity and then 4/4 hide, swooping army and 2/4 clan's help

 

as i result i gain a build wich is weaker in on masses but has huge advantages on mermen trials and just "kill that dude over there" thanks to the massive 200% damage extra dealt via wolf aclirity wich allows to kill enemies with dangerous feats but not huge suvaivability as templars as example ( the movement speed can allow u to reach one trought a storm) and just the fun to see a huge number in one hit is amazing thats all

on pve it allows a chance to be a damager for bosses (specialy dagan) thanks to the bomob gave the alacrity

mains stats: physical main magic off,critical always prefered as  skillcooldown same and add penetration (yes u can make one gearset work with 2 different builds)

(then i will work on more builds once the skills stats are final and i can mess with the chieftan in the calculator)

 

true op thing of chief: immunity to the guildglobe

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

seems like a class that was given the right tools to go solo, and he have pretty solid survivability, but everyone seems to be crazed by the fact that it can hold 2 physical one handed maces although 90% of his skills are magical, and not to forget his rugged hide put dk expert damage reduction skill to shame

i am also really interested in his capability with parties in dgs, and really the power of his aoe damage, plus he's still missing 4 expert skills, the class future might hold a more physical oriented build.

 

This is what I'm honestly hoping for. 

 

11 minutes ago, lore said:

true op thing of chief: immunity to the guildglobe

 

So is dk. It's fun hitting 900 per tick with Death Call and 1.5k with sharp shadow. 😌

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the intiative!

Great and prompt work man. xD

My thoughts after test today. Everyone I asked kept saying the skills were good but there was something off about it that they couldn't quite place their hands on. I sat down, re-watched my recordings and thought about it and realized that I couldn't find a specialty of the class after testing today. All the skills looks good independently but there's a problem of synergy when you closely inspect it.


For example: 
 

  1. The class uses 2 maces which will enable it to reach above average amounts of pdmg at high amps. Just when you see how that would enable this class as DPS melee unit with the right build, you realize that the class has no pdmg based skills except Eage eye. Neither does it have any attack speed skills that would enable them to use this pdmg to their advantage. It's a bit of tease in my opinion unless you guys have something planned for the future expert skills in these departments. The class has been given pdmg but not corresponding stats or skills to use it effectively.
  2. The class looks like it can reach a good amount of mdmg, maybe it can fill in the problem of the lack of AOE mdmg faced by the legion?
     
    5 hours ago, PureSex said:

    Чумное проклятье.png Curse of the Plague (active)

    Sends a monster to the specified area. The monster deals periodic magical damage (30%/40%/50%/60% every 2 sec) to all enemies within one yard of itself and at the end of the path, then it disappears. Additionally applies a negative effect “Curse of the Plague” with a certain chance (10%/20%/30%/40%) for some time (4sec/6sec/8sec/10sec). The effect reduces the Accuracy parameter and the opponent’s cooldown speed (-10%/-15%/-20%/-25%).

     

    Пикирующее войско.png Swooping Army (active)

    Creates an attacking area for a certain time. The area deals periodic magical damage to all enemies (15%/20%/25%/30% every 1sec) in it and reduces the “Dodge” parameter for all enemies (-5%/-7%/-9%/-12%). (Max number of targets 3/4/5/6)

    Looking towards both the aoe dmg skills available in the cheiftain's kit, you realize both of them have mediocre damage after testing it out.
    Especially swooping army, it did "63" damage per tick at the pve gear combinations provided in the test server. As for the debuff provided by this skill, I honestly believe it was added for namesake. Apologies.

    As for curse of the plague, in most important situations I fear its doomed to fail because of the slow speed of the rat as well as the damage frequency. I tried standing still and hitting a fire elemental near nadir and failed quite a few tries; So you can imagine its practicality in high speed dungeons and pvp scenarios where people will simply avoid it. Again the damage itself is very little.

In summary, its been provided a chance to reach adequate amounts of mdmg but no AOE mdmg skills to apply it effectively.


 

The Chieftain is to fill two balancing roles for the Alliances.

 

Firstly, the Legion didn’t have enough skills for closing the gap and moving across the battlefield. The new class has a skill that allows catching up to the enemy in mere seconds, which is very useful in the PvP portion of the game. >Check with flying colors I might add.

 

Secondly, the Chieftain possesses high amounts of both single target  > I would say maybe. because I only see wolf's alacrity providing one single target burst damage. No DPS options available.

and area of effect damage,
> I don't believe this is the situation as it can be seen.

in addition to nice bonuses to survivability, which makes them a good pick for PvE and solo play. >Check

 

5 hours ago, PureSex said:

 

Кошачьи рефлексы.png Cat Reflexes (active)

Increases the “Accuracy” (6%/7%/8%/9%) and “Critical Hit” (10%/12%/14%/16%)  parameters of the character for the duration of the skill. Additionally increases the “Accuracy” parameter of the character for a certain time after an enemy dodges any attack (+7%/+8%/+9%/+10% for 4sec/5sec/6sec/7sec). Skill with a constant energy drain.


My suggestion would be to incorporate attack speed or crit damage into this skill if you don't have any immediate experts planned for the same. Granted the interval of maces are 2.4s, but I believe its better than letting all that pdmg goto waste.

One thing I really like about this class is that it leaves a lot of gear combinations open to player creativity.  You can go full pdmg or full mdmg or maybe a mix of both to get that sweet spot on your preferred skills.

As time progresses, I believe players will come up with builds that surprises everyone.
Maybe someone might actually buy horror mdmg dodge accessories now. xD


 These are just my personal opinion and I'd appreciate all your takes on it or even a review of it. Thank you. Looking forward to test #3.:love1:

@Higgings@Peony@Akasha@Holmes

Edited by TheCaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Secondly, the Chieftain possesses high amounts of both single target  > I would say maybe. because I only see wolf's alacrity providing one single target burst damage. No DPS options available.

and area of effect damage,
> I don't believe this is the situation as it can be seen.

 

Yes, this is something I would adjust pronto. A new buff of both skills has been made after the past testing process, but I believe it's still not enough. Haven't tested it yet - I can't speak for certain.

 

30 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

My suggestion would be to incorporate attack speed or crit damage into this skill if you don't have any immediate experts planned for the same

 

In order to nerf them later? This would cause a huge sadness among the new users of this class. Although, I would love to see this class (or tbh a Legion class) actually nukeing something for good. That's what a damaging class should do after all, and I'm expecting also something to make that fast run somehow worth... even a lv1 druid could stop via Roots a fully amped Chieftain.

 

P.S. I appreciate that you add me among the red strong bois xd

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Love the intiative!

Great and prompt work man. xD

My thoughts after test today. Everyone I asked kept saying the skills were good but there was something off about it that they couldn't quite place their hands on. I sat down, re-watched my recordings and thought about it and realized that I couldn't find a specialty of the class after testing today. All the skills looks good independently but there's a problem of synergy when you closely inspect it.


For example: 
 

  1. The class uses 2 maces which will enable it to reach above average amounts of pdmg at high amps. Just when you see how that would enable this class as DPS melee unit with the right build, you realize that the class has no pdmg based skills except Eage eye. Neither does it have any attack speed skills that would enable them to use this pdmg to their advantage. It's a bit of tease in my opinion unless you guys have something planned for the future expert skills in these departments. The class has been given pdmg but not corresponding stats or skills to use it effectively.
  2. The class looks like it can reach a good amount of mdmg, maybe it can fill in the problem of the lack of AOE mdmg faced by the legion?
     

    Looking towards both the aoe dmg skills available in the cheiftain's kit, you realize both of them have mediocre damage after testing it out.
    Especially swooping army, it did "63" damage per tick at the pve gear combinations provided in the test server. As for the debuff provided by this skill, I honestly believe it was added for namesake. Apologies.

    As for curse of the plague, in most important situations I fear its doomed to fail because of the slow speed of the rat as well as the damage frequency. I tried standing still and hitting a fire elemental near nadir and failed quite a few tries; So you can imagine its practicality in high speed dungeons and pvp scenarios where people will simply avoid it. Again the damage itself is very little.

In summary, its been provided a chance to reach adequate amounts of mdmg but no AOE mdmg skills to apply it effectively.


 

The Chieftain is to fill two balancing roles for the Alliances.

 

Firstly, the Legion didn’t have enough skills for closing the gap and moving across the battlefield. The new class has a skill that allows catching up to the enemy in mere seconds, which is very useful in the PvP portion of the game. >Check with flying colors I might add.

 

Secondly, the Chieftain possesses high amounts of both single target  > I would say maybe. because I only see wolf's alacrity providing one single target burst damage. No DPS options available.

and area of effect damage,
> I don't believe this is the situation as it can be seen.

in addition to nice bonuses to survivability, which makes them a good pick for PvE and solo play. >Check

 


My suggestion would be to incorporate attack speed or crit damage into this skill if you don't have any immediate experts planned for the same. Granted the interval of maces are 2.4s, but I believe its better than letting all that pdmg goto waste.

One thing I really like about this class is that it leaves a lot of gear combinations open to player creativity.  You can go full pdmg or full mdmg or maybe a mix of both to get that sweet spot on your preferred skills.

As time progresses, I believe players will come up with builds that surprises everyone.
Maybe someone might actually buy horror mdmg dodge accessories now. xD


 These are just my personal opinion and I'd appreciate all your takes on it or even a review of it. Thank you. Looking forward to test #3.:love1:

@Higgings@Peony@Akasha@Holmes

I think the clans help definitely could replace crit bonus with attack speed, crit dmg, or some other bonus. Crit already through the roof easy to max.

 

curse of plague tick faster does not address it's lack of application. those debuffs have very few applications in pve unless your tank is a dodge rogue or dodge chieftain. I think as a utility the rat should be a minion instead with physical based dmg or aura like it is now (maybe needing to adjust tick time) and chance at applying debuff. Otherwise, it moves too slow for pvp applications and almost will always have something mroe effective to cast with the cooldown reduction that chieftains will build for since it is all ability-based.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grawlog said:

I think the clans help definitely could replace crit bonus with attack speed, crit dmg, or some other bonus. Crit already through the roof easy to max.

 

curse of plague tick faster does not address it's lack of application. those debuffs have very few applications in pve unless your tank is a dodge rogue or dodge chieftain. I think as a utility the rat should be a minion instead with physical based dmg or aura like it is now (maybe needing to adjust tick time) and chance at applying debuff. Otherwise, it moves too slow for pvp applications and almost will always have something mroe effective to cast with the cooldown reduction that chieftains will build for since it is all ability-based.

penetration bonus would be more interesting, I don't see the chief as a atk speed class

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, PureSex said:

5/5 speed skill, 5/5 aoe, 3/5 heal 4/4 swoaping army, 4/4 cat reflex, 4/4 passive skill.

 

thats dung/questing build

On 9/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, PureSex said:

5/5 speed skill, 5/5 heal/ 3/5 trashing 4/4 cat reflex, 4/4 passive skill, 4/4 deffence skill

thats solo play/farmer build

bouth builds are good speed skill is just tooo awesome not to have on max + if you put continuous relic you get perma speed up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 
 

I agree with you. At the moment, it is also testing the structure for maximum damage. My build atm  5/5 speed, 5/5 aoe, 3/5 main dmg.
But I don't think it's worth adding points to the main damage skill, I don't see much progress in the skill's action, I was suggesting that the class is called dmgr and this skill has been slightly boosted. Relic in speed 5/5 without cd reduction gives perma speed, also i want put 12% dmg relic in to eye.

The character is interesting and cool, now it's time to verify what's next with her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PureSex said:

also i want put 12% dmg relic in to eye.

There's also the guaranteed crit relic when opponent hp less than 30%.

 

Icy relic of ruthlessness. 

 

That way it'll inflict bleed for sure. Good vs pve bosses if you're going for max eagle eye. xD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Khrone said:

What about the 8% Critical Chance relic?

 

It's a provvisory relic. This class can pretty much reach 50% with no effort at all. I'd say yes if you wanted to stay lv14 or so. 

 

19 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Icy relic of ruthlessness

 

THIS is a wonderful choice. And it ignores totally the resilience parameter of the enemy in PvP too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xalgorus said:

Phys or magic mix build what do you think guys

Both looks sexy. :ah:

Devs did mention they'll be increasing the physical damage capabilities with the remaining experts so hard to say without knowing stats or effects those skills are gonna give. 

With current skills, I'd say go for mdmg one. xD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...