Let Death Knight do the job

Hello,

Fellow Death Knights--I've been playing for a long time but not long ago my Death Knight attained level 18. Helg had sent me to Berengar and I was teleported to the gates of the Arstral Labyrinth after. I took three daily-quests from an old guy and his mate. Inside the Labyrinth I encountered new monsters which were very aggressive.

Now, my dear I would like to know how you overcame all these monsters. Which weapon and armour is most applicable against these units--which minion would better sever in the given situation. Plus anything you would add to complete this topic. And tell me your story if any.

Thank you

Well you cant solo lab - never. With a good party you can do it with 1pt, but id suggest you to go 2pts if you want to do all (-echida). During boss 1-3 most mobs use regular physical dmg, so just use your basic tank set. After boss 3 the mobs will by majority deal dark magic dmg, so most ppl switch over to dark def set (i dont cause my shielder set holds of dmg good, but i would advice ppl to switch). And take your chance tanking and enjoying boss 1-4 cause after boss 4 melee units are a waste, your only purpose will be to kill mobs around caster classes.

Thank you, Sir.

I accept the fact that a Death Knight cannot go solo against these units; I'm sure you wrote something based on experience.

I'd like to make a scenario where everyone in the party is in action inside this Labyrinth. Now, what role can a Death Knight play here___either take the beating or do the beating. Defense is played with a shield plus a one-handed weapon but it lacks the damage output to attract attention while offense is played with a two-handed weapon which can do greater damage than the former but lacks the ability to block.

Which is a better role to play in the long-term perspective?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

the problem is all epic boss or boss event are range attack. DK, barb, PALADIN, BD most of them are useless.

devs never give the tank class to do their job as tanker. just like in the lab. melee class can only become tanker at boss 1-4:!. and next boss is become shit. and most of boss party become racism class and all about healer and healer and healer :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

devs should make the epic boss or event boss for melleeeeee attack so we can create party with full of class for every faction. and i think there is no more jealous class.

i agree with this topis "LET DK DO THEIR JOBS" as tanker for sure not for evaders like shit! :diablo:

With raids tanks will get their place in hunts. In raids mobs wont respawn so range won't be able to range-tank abuse.

Merc also mentioned a idea of a possible limit to how many healers can enter a raid (in the same party). And I thought that was a great balance idea and it will help dps classes like rouges get spots in raid parties.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt take these xmas raids to seriously, in my opinion its only here for devs to try out dungeons before "real" dungeons come live. Post all thoughts in rolands 3.10 bug report/comment thread balance tweaks should come with time.

im sad to hear that though, I was afraid of the same op classes would stay op even for raids, I still belive the day of tanks are slowly coming. Gotta believe  :snorlax: