Chance to Perform a Critical Heal

tamoae

I was wondering about what could define critical heal, for instance critical damage can be defined as "a hit that strikes a vital area". But what about critical heals?

I made another post about this and didnt get to any logical definition of how/why critical heals happen but to sum up the  best answer i got:

the way of causing criticals depends on warspear definition of it.

But in game, when u take a look at the crystal of deadliness, you get this:

"Crystal of Deadliness: Critical Hit - Improves percentage of critical hit (increases chance to deal double damage)"

So if critical % increases the chance of dealing double damage, it can only mean 1 thing:

A critical heal is actually illegal under warspear definition of criticals.

So DEVs, are you going to rework the definition of criticals? (Just so you can keep healers OP)

Are you going to banish critical heals? (To keep loyal to your very own definition of criticals)

And just as an add up, i heard critical heals didnt exist on warspear earlier versions.

Its true that in past versions their was no such thing as a critical heal. Heal would always be one set number calculated according to your astral. The crit heal that was implemented just doubles that number with the same chance of your crit stat. And yes its quiet OP since crit stat then doubles as very important stat in offense, but also doubles as a very important stat for your survivability.

But removing crit heals wont balance as much as one might think. Even before crit heal update, heal classes were more or less just as good at surviving and kiting. But yes you kinda wanna give up when a druids HoT 500+ or Necro/Priests heals 1500+ when you were 1hit away >_

In most games that use crit heal mechanics you have its procentage raised according to a stat - mentality or intelligence. Now WS dont have any stat distrubution so thats out of question. But a similar suggestion, it could be to base the chance of crit heal to your astral magic value? That way it can be kept, cause i think it should be, but it wont double benefit healers in arena.

Its true that in past versions their was no such thing as a critical heal. Heal would always be one set number calculated according to your astral. The crit heal that was implemented just doubles that number with the same chance of your crit stat. And yes its quiet OP since crit stat then doubles as very important stat in offense, but also doubles as a very important stat for your survivability.

But removing crit heals wont balance as much as one might think. Even before crit heal update, heal classes were more or less just as good at surviving and kiting. But yes you kinda wanna give up when a druids HoT 500+ or Necro/Priests heals 1500+ when you were 1hit away >_

In most games that use crit heal mechanics you have its procentage raised according to a stat - mentality or intelligence. Now WS dont have any stat distrubution so thats out of question. But a similar suggestion, it could be to base the chance of crit heal to your astral magic value? That way it can be kept, cause i think it should be, but it wont double benefit healers in arena.

thats a nice suggestion, but as we are in warspear,  and there is also something named resilience.

Maybe they could make resilience work on crit heal too?

like, resilience lowers the chance of receiving critical damage hits but also lower the chances of receiving critical heal. So there can be some balance on this.

thats a nice suggestion, but as we are in warspear,  and there is also something named resilience.

Maybe they could make resilience work on crit heal too?

like, resilience lowers the chance of receiving critical damage hits but also lower the chances of receiving critical heal. So there can be some balance on this.

I don't see how resi could be implented to lower crit heal chance. Only way to balance crit heal percentage would be to balance the chance according to astral. Then healers crit heal better with astral gear, while atk gear crit heals less then healer gear, but crit more on atk.

Then maybe we should remove the crit damage of every skill, except normal attack, and remove the crit heal. In arena damage (moon/dark/sun) is the most important. There are not many healers with 250+ heal in arena, so the crit will be not 500+ (or ~1500). Compared to the 1800! hits from rogues it is nothing. Healers just save 1 extra hit... And don't forget healers almost do not dodge.

On average crit chance is lower then 5% on casters, cause all play full resi. And you can kite. Melee should be happy to crit 700! On a resi caster. 1800! You only do on lv14 noobs with 0resi.

As I said, crit heal should stay but percentage can be balanced to astral (defensive aspect) instead of working double with crit stat (offensive aspect). You can still have 25% crit heal chance, to me thats fine. But to reach that you will then be in full astral.

u r wrong mate i play druid everyday with full +6 and +7 amped mixed gt and violent storm with moon rings with doom scepter = 193 astral total heal but with only 21% crit i recieve crit heal like 3x within sometime range....also i tried it on my priest with half of my druids crit % but realized it takes longer time to recieve crit heal compared to my druid so i think somehow crit heal is linked with ur crit % but not affected by resilience coz resilience is linked to damage and def reduction ::)

I'm a noob; 9% resi, amps +3/+5, no crit enchants, and no guild for def bonusses  ;D

den am more noob 6% resi on only arena belt :lol:

u r wrong mate i play druid everyday with full +6 and +7 amped mixed gt and violent storm with moon rings with doom scepter = 193 astral total heal but with only 21% crit i recieve crit heal like 3x within sometime range....also i tried it on my priest with half of my druids crit % but realized it takes longer time to recieve crit heal compared to my druid so i think somehow crit heal is linked with ur crit % but not affected by resilience coz resilience is linked to damage and def reduction ::)den am more noob 6% resi on only arena belt :lol:

resi has nothing to do with crit heal

and yes your crit heal % is exactly the same as your crit stat %.

I also play GT + VS mix, but arena staff and resi enchant on belt  ;D

we got something in common ;D atleast i get to deal a minimum of 2k damage wen kitting :spiteful:

Well how about critical its apealed to atk or more precise dmg,but astral has also knowes as damage then critical shoud be conected to critical heal...or just my ...welll i go sleep XD

On average crit chance is lower then 5% on casters, cause all play full resi. And you can kite. Melee should be happy to crit 700! On a resi caster. 1800! You only do on lv14 noobs with 0resi.

As I said, crit heal should stay but percentage can be balanced to astral (defensive aspect) instead of working double with crit stat (offensive aspect). You can still have 25% crit heal chance, to me thats fine. But to reach that you will then be in full astral.

Yes, there could be something worked out of your suggestion.

But do DEVs ever look on this?

the only change they have made was the one about warlock cause people were spamming on the official announcement pages.  :(

Plus havent seen a single GM opnion in here... :search:

they are here and they read alot, but they stay in the shadows ;)

and well im sure devs have their own ideas of future updates. but i can tell you know if seen forum suggestions become reality ingame in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

they are here and they read alot, but they stay in the shadows ;)

and well im sure devs have their own ideas of future updates. but i can tell you know if seen forum suggestions become reality ingame in the past.

they really seen to stay in the shadows  :blush:

but my guess is nothing will be changed about OP critical heal plus the "I do not receive critical damage thanks to resilience".

so i guess is fair you have a minimum chance to damage a healer with a critical damage but the healer will have loads of critical heals to make them immortals.

+8 spear arena lvl 17 is not enough to take down those GOD healers. (and i rarely receive critical damage yet no win against GOD healers, thanks DEVS  :good: )

must be nice to play a char who is supposed to be a SUPPORT char but instead u get a WAR GOD in the game.

• 1 month later...

as far as i know chance to perform critical hit depends on your critical hit stat.Like if u are having 25%critical hit chance u would have the same chance of receiving critical heal.Resilence would lower the affect like it does to critical hit so more resilence means lower chance of performing critical heal.Thats why i always go arena full resilence when i meet casters. :snorlax:

• 4 weeks later...

i wonder if this could be made, not a huge change but here it goes.

instead of having only one critical stat, make two different critical stats.

one for critical damage (already exists)

one for critical heal. (would only affect the healing skills)

This way healing classes would have to choose between having a better offensive set or a better healing set, not a OP set up were they tank, hit hard n also heal like a beast.

Yes, there could be something worked out of your suggestion.

But do DEVs ever look on this?

the only change they have made was the one about warlock cause people were spamming on the official announcement pages.  :(

Plus havent seen a single GM opnion in here... :search:

They changed Warlocks because of those damn OP circles. There's nothing wrong with critical heals.

They changed Warlocks because of those damn OP circles. There's nothing wrong with critical heals.

if them at least would change the way it works. but using critical hit for healing the double  :wacko:

make 2 different criticals then, one specially for heals n keep the other critical for damage.

doesnt it make more sense this way? besides being more fair, healers would have to choose between chance to heal double or attack double.

Healers already spoils a lot of spaces in his items for astral/moon/dark. Next to that a healer Always has to choose between heal or damage because not every item has the combination of damage/astral. So a healer has lower overall stats (dodge, parry, crit, speed, etc), it spoils damage for high heals or spoils heal in combat for higher damage, and now you also want a new stat just for crit heal? I don't think so...

Healers already spoils a lot of spaces in his items for astral/moon/dark. Next to that a healer Always has to choose between heal or damage because not every item has the combination of damage/astral. So a healer has lower overall stats (dodge, parry, crit, speed, etc), it spoils damage for high heals or spoils heal in combat for higher damage, and now you also want a new stat just for crit heal? I don't think so...

Right... staffs have moon/dark/sun + astral, cloak the same, rings the same, amulet the same...so hmmm thats half of your itens with both attack n healing  :good:

u may have low dodge, parry, but do you really need it? ur skills keep others away from you  :dirol:

and u may have low crit by your own choice, most have 20%+ that works for double damage n double heal  :wacko:

n if it worked the way u described would be nice i guess, but nope, u can have a shitload of damage + get a crit heal that will heal more than if you were full astral.

In arena you have usually more than 1 opponent, and the players are always running to the healers. I can be wrong but i do not have the skills for keeping multiple players full time out of range. Especially rogues, rangers, dk (pull), barb (charge). Mages and locks ofcourse too ;) With the cloth armor we get hitten harder by these classes, so we die usually very fast when more then 1 player is attacking.

You claim 20% crit is a 100% heal crit. Sorry but it isn't. I have 20+% crit too and a lot of arena's will go by without even 1 crit heal. It just happens once in a while (20% ;D).

In arena you have usually more than 1 opponent, and the players are always running to the healers. I can be wrong but i do not have the skills for keeping multiple players full time out of range. Especially rogues, rangers, dk (pull), barb (charge). Mages and locks ofcourse too ;) With the cloth armor we get hitten harder by these classes, so we die usually very fast when more then 1 player is attacking.

You claim 20% crit is a 100% heal crit. Sorry but it isn't. I have 20+% crit too and a lot of arena's will go by without even 1 crit heal. It just happens once in a while (20% ;D ).

right, so you saying your arena teammates are useless? or you going arena solo vs 5?  :blush:

if you dont wanna get hit hard, amp +10, u will get a nice 40% physical defense while being a healer  :clapping:

n i never said 20%=100% :crazy:

[/size]

my claim is that healers must choose between have a chance to deal double damage or double heal, instead of getting both chances with one stat :wacko:

Astral is damage -> Critical has a chance to multiply it by 2. End of story.

Astral is damage -> Critical has a chance to multiply it by 2. End of story.

A damage that heals you.... of course that makes complete sense... NOT!  :wacko:

A damage that heals you.... of course that makes complete sense... NOT!  :wacko:

Ws considers it damage so...  Nothing i can do about it :unknw: