Why do healers have critical heal?

tamoae

Question

I mean, every attack have a chance to do critical damage on the opponent, therefore a critical damage have logical reason of existance.

But whats the logic behind healers have a chance to do critical heal?

I wont touch the point that healers are OP on this game but can anyone explain to me the logic of critical heal?  ::)

23 answers to this question

I mean, every attack have a chance to do critical damage on the opponent, therefore a critical damage have logical reason of existance.

But whats the logic behind healers have a chance to do critical heal?

I wont touch the point that healers are OP on this game but can anyone explain to me the logic of critical heal?  ::)

Without crit heal healers not op at pve

well, healers already op without critical heal  :blush:  but thats not what the thread about.

i want to know if there is any logical reason for a critical heal to happen?

critical damage = hit the opponent on a weak spot.

critical heal = ??????  :unknw:

To answer this we need to look deeper into critical hit mechanics and it's origins.

To start, what is a critical hit? We all know it's an attack that deals extra damage (in most cases it's 200%, some games use different value, like in Fire Emblem it's 300%; in Dungeons and Dragons it changes the weapons' damage formula, effects inflicted, and sometimes even element change), but how exactly is it caused? Now, by that I don't mean being blessed by RNG gods, nor rolling 39-40 on 2d20, but how would you go around causing a critical hit in real life? Hitting a weak spot, making a swift and harmonous attack, performing a dance before attacking, unleashing way more strength into your swing than you intended to, miscalculating things, sheer luck maybe? Maybe it's a combination of few things? We don't really know.

Crits, as many other things you see today in RPGs, have their roots in D&D. You rolled an attack dice (throw determining whether you hit or not), if you rolled a twenty, you throw again, and if you get a required amount (usually it's 19-20), you score a critical and throw extra dices during damage roll. According to glossary, it's a hit that strikes a vital area. In 3.5e expansion, some healing weapons are capable of critting.

To summarise, technically it is possible for a heal to score a critical hit, because in Warspear way of causing criticals is left for interpretation.

To answer this we need to look deeper into critical hit mechanics and it's origins.

To start, what is a critical hit? We all know it's an attack that deals extra damage (in most cases it's 200%, some games use different value, like in Fire Emblem it's 300%; in Dungeons and Dragons it changes the weapons' damage formula, effects inflicted, and sometimes even element change), but how exactly is it caused? Now, by that I don't mean being blessed by RNG gods, nor rolling 39-40 on 2d20, but how would you go around causing a critical hit in real life? Hitting a weak spot, making a swift and harmonous attack, performing a dance before attacking, unleashing way more strength into your swing than you intended to, miscalculating things, sheer luck maybe? Maybe it's a combination of few things? We don't really know.

Crits, as many other things you see today in RPGs, have their roots in D&D. You rolled an attack dice (throw determining whether you hit or not), if you rolled a twenty, you throw again, and if you get a required amount (usually it's 19-20), you score a critical and throw extra dices during damage roll. According to glossary, it's a hit that strikes a vital area. In 3.5e expansion, some healing weapons are capable of critting.

To summarise, technically it is possible for a heal to score a critical hit, because in Warspear way of causing criticals is left for interpretation.

It's nice to see someone with a good background on RPG, i have do admit i dont have a great history with RPG's but this part is interesting:

"To summarise, technically it is possible for a heal to score a critical hit, because in Warspear way of causing criticals is left for interpretation."

In Warspear they define criticals like this:

"Crystal of Deadliness: Critical Hit - Improves percentage of critical hit (increases chance to deal double damage)"

So if they define critical hit as a chance to deal double damage, how come it affects the heal?

And if it affects the heal, why doesnt it affect our health regeneration?

Since health regeneration and healing are closely related...

So a few days have passed, and by the only answer i got it is up for warspear definition of a critical.

If warspear define it as critical hit (increases chance to deal double damage) 

[/size]

[/size]Does it mean critical heal is not legit in this game? (therefore it should be taken away)

It made probaply choose in warspear healers have only 1 healing skill. So they made crit heal for better healing effects. And yea crit heal goes directly to wound, in WoW they have had crit heal long time ago. If want know it better google WoW crit heal xD

Simple mate, look at your gear menu and you'll see astral lies in the damage category ( left hand side) thus it is a type of froendly damage that causes healing, which in turn satisfies the crystal of deadliness's description.

Why is it a dmg skill? No idea

Simple mate, look at your gear menu and you'll see astral lies in the damage category ( left hand side) thus it is a type of froendly damage that causes healing, which in turn satisfies the crystal of deadliness's description.

If you have a close look at the paladin's skills, you might notice such thing that purify causes astral magic damage if it's used while fetters is still active :crazy: , so yes, astral magic can cause damage.

menu>equipment look at the side,astral is a kind of damage

Exactly, :blush: your personal text is all wrong  :rofl: fe is always spelled with a capital "F".

u r right in a way, i guess it satisfies the crystal description but, a friendly damage? lol

honestly after all this time, the way critical works for damage and healing really makes no sense for me. just makes healers op having chance of critical damage n critical heal with the same status.

i guess if they wanted to make a critical heal, at least create a different status for it.

like:

-    critical hit    - chance of critical damage.

-    critical heal - chance of critical heal.

Use a DoT skill that'll make critical heals less of a problem. All healers on nearly every Mmo have critical heals. A healer's initial role is to heal, why not give them this since there is no great heal at the moment that does 2k heal with 15 mp cost.

Use a DoT skill that'll make critical heals less of a problem. All healers on nearly every Mmo have critical heals. A healer's initial role is to heal, why not give them this since there is no great heal at the moment that does 2k heal with 15 mp cost.

so you saying healers should be able to spam a great heal of 2k? because they can spam skills forever at this moment in the game  :mega_shok:

n i agree they role is to heal, but as they made ekips with both damage n healing stats...

at least should force healers to aim a chance for greater heal or a greater damage, instead of getting both at the same time.

so you saying healers should be able to spam a great heal of 2k? because they can spam skills forever at this moment in the game  :mega_shok:

n i agree they role is to heal, but as they made ekips with both damage n healing stats...

at least should force healers to aim a chance for greater heal or a greater damage, instead of getting both at the same time.

Healers already choose between damage and astral when they decide upon their gear. It is not possible to maximise both with 1 set of armour.

Healers already choose between damage and astral when they decide upon their gear. It is not possible to maximise both with 1 set of armour.

they do in a way, but half of their ekips can come with damage n astral if they chose so.

but dont you think is fair to separate the chance of critical damage from the chance to critical heal?