if the drop rate or respawn time is increased what should it be  

29 members have voted

1. 1. if the drop rate or respawn time is increased what should it be

• 5% better chance for drop per kill with 10 minute respawn
    • 10% better chance for drop per kill with 10 minute respawn
    • 5% better chance for drop per kill with 5 minute respawn
    • 10% better chance for drop per kill with 5 minute respawn
    • no drop change or respawn time

Ok so im sure im not the only one who finds it to be bs that it takes so long to get a drop from boss. With as random as it is at the very least each time you kill a boss with no drops the rate should increase like 5% that way people can come in. Farm for an hour or 2. Get what they came for and move on. If you can't give us that much atleast let the whole party get a drop after x amount of time. That way it compensates for the spending 3 to 5 hours farming for all involved. Just my thoughts

Wew, That's a very good idea, like each time killed and no drop +5% drop rate and when boss drops drop rate goes to back to 5% (or regular drop rate) but for Berengar's Guards, drop rate increases 2% for kill, that way we could get a drop instead of depending on luck and all those random BS  :wacko:

True, very true in fact. Because sometimes when I have to gather items buy killing creeps, I sometimes have to spend a long time just to get a few items.

Spend 5 hours on genie and got nothing :facepalm:

it oftenly happen to me n probably to others

this game getting bored and bored...

I got no drops for 2 months, not even a crappy amulet  :facepalm:

think it depends on your luck

why in one month I completed my Berengar set ;D

:wacko:  In one month i got just a punch of hair: nothing ... 

Yesterday we farmed for hours then a newer came and asked for quest, we invited him on party and killed guntram: he got quest's item and bg ring for druids  :facepalm:  ..

Yes, drops depends so much on luck..  :bomb:

Same here. I helped 3 different low levels get a quest done after farming solo for many hours. And guess what happened. They got a drop I've been waiting for. Wasted who knows how many potions farming for someone else to get a drop? That's bs change the drop rate people. Party's get a 5% increase per kill. Solo should get like 10 or 15%. That way it pans out and people are more likely to help others since that wont have to waste 50 to 100 pots trying to get a drop that someone else gets.  :mega_shok:

I somehow agree with you but I think the drop should be individual based, not party based. I.e. a player gets certain amount of points for killing a boss (depending on how strong the boss is). And with each kill that player's chance to get a drop increases. This way you kinda not loose your progress and ppl will b more welling to help in boss killing. Also, noone gets frustrated when he farms for so long but someone else gets the drop. However, I think the type of drop should b completely random. This way you keep the luck factor involved and maintain the rareness of certain items. What do u guys think of that?

bosses drop stuff? Wow I had no idea, ok i'm only level 12 but still. Actually my suggestion was going to be this:

can we get runes and crystals from drops? If not i think it would be great if the odd boss dropped one or two of these.

i agree with the low chance of get loot, i want it to be lower... soon everyone will be full dropped bcoz u want high drop chance... in 1 month u get full set of berengar, then what? best stay hunting hoping for a drop than already be full drop, u guys only want easy life, the game is damn easy already and u still want it easier?... no sense

Hey cod. From what I have heard. Unread bear on first island drops crystals. Can't say for sure since I haven't got one. But I do know that animated armour drops crystals. Probably one of the best in the game. It a penetration crystal

ya,it happened to me so many times,my party is farming for hours then a newbie asks for help, then he get quest item and he also recieves a rare this is unfair cuz were doing the hard work and the newbie is just killing it once..but drop rates shouldnt increase to much. There is a reason why those items are called "rares" isnt it? Its not supposed to be easy to get rares. But pllease increas drop rates a bit more :nea:

its ok if drop rate is 2.5% but pls pls pls pls pls decrease spawn time.. for like 1-3mins.. is much better

Its ok for the rate. But if you add new things new island ecc.. then you must decrease it cuz thoseitems will be useless to be farmed for hours if i can get better commons.

The only thing is to change respawn time, put it to 5mins. It will be really better... is so boring to stay and wait so much time..

Its ok for the rate. But if you add new things new island ecc.. then you must decrease it cuz thoseitems will be useless to be farmed for hours if i can get better commons.

The only thing is to change respawn time, put it to 5mins. It will be really better... is so boring to stay and wait so much time..

Yeah they should,  :facepalm:

ya,it happened to me so many times,my party is farming for hours then a newbie asks for help, then he get quest item and he also recieves a rare this is unfair cuz were doing the hard work and the newbie is just killing it once..but drop rates shouldnt increase to much. There is a reason why those items are called "rares" isnt it? Its not supposed to be easy to get rares. But pllease increas drop rates a bit more :nea:

yeah it happened to me, when i was a newbie i look for help to kill sea, and i got a rare item lvl 13 armor for shaman, i think if i could sell it i could get better gold i look at the price and it shows "56" unlike other items for 1-5 gold only or 11.. and i trade chat it, i knew this trade chat cause of my friend, then i sell it on trade chat for 200.. lol, no one replies, the one want to buy it for 100.. i think that sucks.. and after a few more sent.. one relied for 20k.. and woahhh  :lol: .. of course i agree.. well at first i think that it was not a rare but then sold it for 20k i understanf that its rare, cause on other MMORPG i played before, items there are more like for higher level and like defferent design of the item.. lol, true story..  :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont put 1-3min it would kill the ppl there bcoz they would need use many pots to mana... 5min is the best option but i still think the 30min option is the really best from the old times...

dont put 1-3min it would kill the ppl there bcoz they would need use many pots to mana... 5min is the best option but i still think the 30min option is the really best from the old times...

no 30 mins respawn time was to long..i remembered i had to wait for one hour just to kill the boss for my quest,think about the loong waiting time newbies will have to wait to do a quest..i think respawn rate should be 5 minutes and as rainbow said drop rate is alright.

30 minute respawn wouldn't be too bad if there was a drop every kill. But yeah 5 minutes is enuf time for Regen to do its thing after a kill. As for rainbows post about new island and eq. Maybe drop rate should be based on a item lvl. Like example wrought belt is a lvl 13 equippable item. So since its the lowest level rare drop drop rate should be high. Lvl 15 drops not so high drop rate. Something like berengar eq. Low drop rate. So um yeah like 20% chance for drop of lvl 13 item where berengar eq would be like 2-5% chance drop per kill. That should balance things a bit and when new island opens it could all be changed since there will be better eq and drops. Maybe something like first island 50 percent drop. Second island 40% third 30% so on and so forth. Really depends on how far they plan on creating new lands and levels I guess.

Ok a IMHO dont change nothing..... if anything lower the drop rate. It took me 1 month to obtain full rouge drops, and 3-4 days to gather all barb drops apart from rings........tooooo easy for "rares". I am not an individual as i can think of 5 other rouges of my strength, only one rouge is classed as stronger in eu server (mega noob :lol: )

Btw drop rate from boss is already around 10%, bg maybe 5%. This does not mean u will get drop 1/10 kills.

What im saying is the drop rate should increase by a certain%  each time you kill a boss. I've farmed for 5 hours without a drop on same boss. Then again I've killed one time and got a drop. I just think its ridiculous to spend 5 hours trying to get a single drop. Not to mention an increased drop rate may help clear farmers out of the way for those who actually need the quest. Can't say I haven't don't it cause I have and know plenty of others have to. Refused to help a noob cuz im waiting for a drop. Then again I've helped steal a kill cuz no one would help a noob get quest done. Besides mostly anyone who's a good fighter has rare equipment that is fully tuned and crystaled. So a higher drop rate would help put people on the same level of fighting which would make things a bit harder in pvp. Especially since most people hang with the same people and everyone in the party has most if not all rare eq. Spread the wealth

• 3 weeks later...

Can Kuzz share with us the true logic (algorithm) behind the boss drop rate?

I can understand if certain items are all about luck. The other lesser valued items at least should be as flamewolf suggested or must be after 'x' number of attempts.

To spend hours and hours while that may be the only time we get to play and get a pathetic and worthless drop while people with no responsibilities in real life spend their time hogging bosses as they farm for days and hours on end and demand ridiculous prices for even the worthless items is just sad  :cray:

The boss drop rate must be modified. it MUST  :aggressive:

Btw drop rate from boss is already around 10%, bg maybe 5%. This does not mean u will get drop 1/10 kills.

What the !? What does that mean then? it's not like Im not aware of this fact he has stated, but that that is the dumbest thing ever.  A rare is a rare. It should not be attributed to any percentage what-so-ever. Not unless there really is one.

10% of 10 is infact 1. So if you dont get it once in ten kills. Then it should never be claimed to be a fact.

30 minute respawn wouldn't be too bad if there was a drop every kill. But yeah 5 minutes is enuf time for Regen to do its thing after a kill. As for rainbows post about new island and eq. Maybe drop rate should be based on a item lvl. Like example wrought belt is a lvl 13 equippable item. So since its the lowest level rare drop drop rate should be high. Lvl 15 drops not so high drop rate. Something like berengar eq. Low drop rate. So um yeah like 20% chance for drop of lvl 13 item where berengar eq would be like 2-5% chance drop per kill. That should balance things a bit and when new island opens it could all be changed since there will be better eq and drops. Maybe something like first island 50 percent drop. Second island 40% third 30% so on and so forth. Really depends on how far they plan on creating new lands and levels I guess.

I would like to highly rate this suggestion. If this were a petition. Consider this my signature.

I support!

t happened to me so many times,my party is farming for hours then a newbie asks for help, then he get quest item and he also recieves a rare this is unfair cuz were doing the hard work and the newbie is just killing it once.

There should be a fix to this serious bug because I have seen it happen too. Its not funny and the game developers should take this seriously.

The one who helps should be randomly be gifted. Not the one who is getting the expert help.

Agreed. I mean when it comes down to it rares aren't what makes a player powerful. Its the runes and crystals (which by the way have to be bought with mcoins or in other words real money unless bought from another player) that seperates the strong from the weak. But to even have a chance against most players you need rare eq. Also I would like to adress the issue of red crown(Or bosses) on first island. Since its a newbie starting area maybe those bosses should drop an item equal to its level for newb players that can't afford a recruits outfit and the runes and crystals for it? This would help tremendously with lower levels as they work their way to 2nd  island. Maybe something like 50% drop rate since unless you have a high level friend its usually a pain in the arse to kill. Either that or have all first island bosses drop runes and crystals for low level eq. Just a thought.

Lmao only if they want to. More like an extra bonus for killing the boss. Like example. Spider lord would drop an item that would besomething close to recruits outfit which u could use til lvl 9ish if it dropped every other kill it wouldn't take longg for LOW level players to have decent enuf eq that they can do most the quests on first island solo. Would still need teamwork for bosses. Sorry im trying to think of helping people level up and get to island 2 easier. If they wanna farm that's up to them. Btw it was merely a suggestion. Not to mention it will help them realize that later on you CAN farm some decent eq. I mean first island is kind of a training island right? Also I was pointing out how NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD to buy mcoins or a recruit outfit which helps getting past first island easy. The whole idea is to bring more people to the game. I think this would help. Besides if they do decide to farm since bosses drop runes and crystals it would help their bank account for when they hit second island since eq is so expensive.

What the !? What does that mean then? it's not like Im not aware of this fact he has stated, but that that is the dumbest thing ever.  A rare is a rare. It should not be attributed to any percentage what-so-ever. Not unless there really is one.

10% of 10 is infact 1. So if you dont get it once in ten kills. Then it should never be claimed to be a fact.

The only fact is you got it all wrong..there is no relationship between the number of kills and the chance percentage as the percentage is for single kill..in other words you have 10% chance each time you kill it..but it doesn`t necessarily mean you are going to get a drop 1 out of 10 kills..

Lets put it in simple example:

you have a 20 sided dice..logically there is a 5% chance you will throw number 20 each throw..but it can happen you won`t get number 20 eventhough you throwed the dice already 30x...got it now?

better put this example to be easier:

here what ya got: dice with 6 sides

here what number u want: 6

the % u got to get number 6: 1\6

lets suppose u play it 6 times, isnt sure u will get the number 6, is a chance like the boss drop :)

also, u can get the number 6 six times... (i dont believe but can :))

better put this example to be easier:

here what ya got: dice with 6 sides

here what number u want: 6

the % u got to get number 6: 1\6

lets suppose u play it 6 times, isnt sure u will get the number 6, is a chance like the boss drop :)

also, u can get the number 6 six times... (i dont believe but can :) )

Yea and when you have 1% drop 15 hours of farm could be useless (happend me) ..and maybe after you give up another party comes and get a drop.. 

Thats why i will never get full bg  :crazy:

trust me, i m much more unlucky, by far i m... look my drops from genie/granite. 6x amulet with astral. 2-3x a druid hood, once a claymore... but remember, i m ranger  :facepalm:

And those are all perfect examples of why I started this poll. I feel ya rainbow. Farming for anything more than 2 hours without a drop is just ridiculous. That's why each kill should raise the drop chance %. I mean you figure about 1 maybe 2 minutes to kill a boss. Another ten minutes for it to reset. That's a little over five kills in an hour. Boss starts with ten % chance. Someone kills. Goes up to fifteen or twenty percent on next kill. So on and so forth. As I previously posted its not rare eq that makes a strong player its the runes and crystals they use. Therefore it shouldn't be so hard to get eq. Which would also lower sell prices since eq is easier to get. Which would help people arriving on iisland two get up to speed with everyone else

And those are all perfect examples of why I started this poll. I feel ya rainbow. Farming for anything more than 2 hours without a drop is just ridiculous. That's why each kill should raise the drop chance %. I mean you figure about 1 maybe 2 minutes to kill a boss. Another ten minutes for it to reset. That's a little over five kills in an hour. Boss starts with ten % chance. Someone kills. Goes up to fifteen or twenty percent on next kill. So on and so forth. As I previously posted its not rare eq that makes a strong player its the runes and crystals they use. Therefore it shouldn't be so hard to get eq. Which would also lower sell prices since eq is easier to get. Which would help people arriving on iisland two get up to speed with everyone else

I always told it: game's economy is really bad, thats all.

The only fact is you got it all wrong..there is no relationship between the number of kills and the chance percentage as the percentage is for single kill..in other words you have 10% chance each time you kill it..but it doesn`t necessarily mean you are going to get a drop 1 out of 10 kills..

Lets put it in simple example:

you have a 20 sided dice..logically there is a 5% chance you will throw number 20 each throw..but it can happen you won`t get number 20 eventhough you throwed the dice already 30x...got it now?

:drinks: :drinks:

Its like compititions here for a free drink "1 in 6 is a winner" iv brought 6 at once and won nothing but other times ive 1 and won then get my free drink and won another free drink

should have a limit like 20% other way everyone on the land would be full drop in 1week due to ~10 kills and 100% drop chance  :wacko: