Mermen Trial Match Making is Unlogical

Kamisama

so , with 90% chance this Topic gonna be ignored by Developers , but i will still write it down coz i hope on that 10% chance that i get answer or it get fixed 

ok i would like to say this to Aigrind that your Match Making in this Event is Extreamly bad , coz its like 90% of the time you meet the same guild over and over 

and if you dont win , then you cant enjoy new contents at all just because the other guild is stronger , and you can never defeat it , so as days goes by they get stronger 

while you stay still and wont grow , i hope you change the Mermen Trial Match Making like if you meet a Guild this week  , either you lose or win, you wont meet them for next week 

this will give a chance to all Guilds for Having A chance to grow , not only giving up on events 

i play in Sea Server witch is most unpopulated server in whole game , and there are only 1 strong guild in elf side , and one in mc side 

and elfs outnumbered mcs in there , so we just keep meeting them , loosing , meeting them again , and YEAH we can join a lower level guild to try mermen dg , buuuuut 

we looe loots of buffs from guild , we lose castle buffs as well , so if you even care to read this event (Moderators or any Developer , please atleast give an answer)

We have got kinda the same problem here

What I wanted to suggest is something like this: a score system

Every guild will be placed on certain ranks. Every time the guild wins the 1st stage, it gains (ex) 100 points. The 2nd stage, 200.

Every guild can be matched with another that has got a difference of points not higher than 500 points (in other words, a guild with 1600 points can't meet a guild with 1000 points, independenty of the level nor the faction).

The current system favourizes the migration of other players to lower level guilds as well as the fact that guilds won't level up (what's the point, if this will bring you disadvantages?)

My idea is kinda rough, but a honest opinion about this would be appreciated. 

@Akasha @Peony

Forgot to add. Scores can be reset in one month (a proper season then) and the top 3 guilds can have a sort of reward. 

I agree. This must be considered to be reworked in some way.

Players leave the guilds for another, where its easier to win the GvG event, making it even harder for the previous guild to win, making the guild to lose even more members, because everyone wants a piece of the Mermen Dungeon, and so on, while to keep members motivated is hard since you meet the same guild over and over and you keep losing against one. And how to win against it if you lose guild members, including strong ones.

Edited by Hapimonas

Aboslute same sitiotion in eu-emerald, my guild lost around 10 active players this week cuz we are unable to win merman gvg,cuz we are aweys matched with the strongerst guild in the server, and we cant figth vs them cuz they have alot of full arena reward players while we dont have half of them in our guild witch reslut nonestop smashes witch we cant do anything about it, and ofc nobody likes to be smashed over and over aigine, so players just simple leave for the low lvl guild witch gets matched with less powerfull guilds.

This event shouid promote guilds to become stronger but what it does is destroy the high lvl guilds, make good and active players to leave for less lvl guilds so they as the post guys said to enjoy the new countent in the game, or make players cheat the system by makeing low lvl guilds or just quit playing mc side and join other side.At moment the matchmakeing system is just terable it makes same guild face each other nonestop witch make players from the loser guild to get demotivated and do the things i said above, while its also unfair cuz some guild need to figth hardcore for the buff while other take it for free.

I have few suggestions:

1-st you can move the buff to the chaos gvg (first 1-5 or 1-10 places gets the buff) and reduce its time to 2h diration since we have chaos gvg 3 times a week, merman gvg will stay ofc but will give a differnt reward, i find it strange such massive pvp event to give pve rewards its like dungs to start give ap, i think choas gvg is much more suited for this.

2-nd as higgy suggested we can have some sort of win/loseing streaks or points when guild wins gets a points when lose it lose points and everyone get match by this, soo everyone have a chance to expirance the new countent.

3-rd Just open the merman dung and merman gvg will just give free entry  for 4h, after all dung. is allready hard alot and drop rate is verry low, not many players can do it without dieing 1999993139192391 times.

This is my opinion, ill like to hear what other players think esspecly those who are in the loseing end, im sure they will come up with even better suggestions, also i hope devs respond to this thred cuz we are in verry need of a change.

This is needed. Many video games often employs Skill based matchmaking but the problem is that say if a inactive high lvl guild say a level 8 is placed against a active level 4 guild the level 8 guild will have the advantage of better guild bonuses

59 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

This is needed. Many video games often employs Skill based matchmaking but the problem is that say if a inactive high lvl guild say a level 8 is placed against a active level 4 guild the level 8 guild will have the advantage of better guild bonuses

But the lv8 guild will most probably lose, if they fight 20 vs 40. The problem here is being matched with such guilds constantly. If you lose like twice, the matchmaking system should realize of this and negate you from fighting them further. If it doesn't do that, the system is clearly biased. 

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Here problem is system here matches guilds with simular power lvl and guild lvl, and that doesnt work cuz lets say best guild with second best guild may have big power gap and witch result currnt problems thats why people want changes, atleast the loser ones

8 hours ago, Maleknecro said:

It would make sense if they base the matchmaking on the number of players, should be fairly balanced for everyone, lol

If they base the matchmaking on that, you'll have a situation where Elves will fight Elves and Mcs vs Mcs, and you won't most probably change anything. Nonetheless, if in every GvG you manage to get 80 players on while others can't, you will be faced with those who have got anyway less, and this will not sort the situation out. Again, if you get 90 PvE players vs 80 maxed PvP players, the guild with 90 Players will most probably lose for clear reasons. Therefore, if you base the matchmaking on players, it will mean that the only way to change opponent is:

A. Your guild kicks players and gets matched with weaker ones

B. Your guild has got offline players. 

In every guild you usually have a set number of people joining: this means that guilds will be always faced against the same ones, because you don't have anything that makes sure the matchmaking changes. "Number of players" is a very unstable variable, in my opinion not trustworthy enough to make a fair matchmaking. 

A score system is more fluid, precise, and shall consist on equity, granting every guild to have a chance. It writes without doubts whether your guild is strong enough to compete with another or not. If a low level guild has got 2k points and a high level guild has got 2k points, it means that, for a reason or another, the low lvl guild has won enough battles to be able to fight stronger opponents and viceversa. This is how a matchmaking should work: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, for a reason or for another (or maybe you can always win because you're simply strong, even if you're matched vs strong guilds).

The way it is right now doesn't favourize anyone but already strong guilds AND low level guilds, which will never level up because... why? The level they are right now grants them to always win a rich event, so why levelling up and lose this chance? 

If in order to win this event you have to fool the matchmaking by joining low lvs guilds... well... you don't need me to see that there might be something wrong with it. 

4 hours ago, Higgings said:

If they base the matchmaking on that, you'll have a situation where Elves will fight Elves and Mcs vs Mcs, and you won't most probably change anything. Nonetheless, if in every GvG you manage to get 80 players on while others can't, you will be faced with those who have got anyway less, and this will not sort the situation out. Again, if you get 90 PvE players vs 80 maxed PvP players, the guild with 90 Players will most probably lose for clear reasons. Therefore, if you base the matchmaking on players, it will mean that the only way to change opponent is:

A. Your guild kicks players and gets matched with weaker ones

B. Your guild has got offline players. 

In every guild you usually have a set number of people joining: this means that guilds will be always faced against the same ones, because you don't have anything that makes sure the matchmaking changes. "Number of players" is a very unstable variable, in my opinion not trustworthy enough to make a fair matchmaking. 

A score system is more fluid, precise, and shall consist on equity, granting every guild to have a chance. It writes without doubts whether your guild is strong enough to compete with another or not. If a low level guild has got 2k points and a high level guild has got 2k points, it means that, for a reason or another, the low lvl guild has won enough battles to be able to fight stronger opponents and viceversa. This is how a matchmaking should work: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, for a reason or for another (or maybe you can always win because you're simply strong, even if you're matched vs strong guilds).

The way it is right now doesn't favourize anyone but already strong guilds AND low level guilds, which will never level up because... why? The level they are right now grants them to always win a rich event, so why levelling up and lose this chance? 

If in order to win this event you have to fool the matchmaking by joining low lvs guilds... well... you don't need me to see that there might be something wrong with it. 

Note also that if the system matches the numbers of players nothing will change there will be aweys a loser guild, thats what we trying to suggest to change so everyone can enjoy the new dung.Also as higgy said current system just promotes low lvl guilds not to advance so they can enjoy free buff, and make high lvl ones to feel cheated cuz they lvl up and need to compate vs much stronger enemys while others do almost nothing for it, if system makes people leave high lvl guilds for low ones, make low ones to slow there advance or more likely never to advance then i too think there is something verry wrong in this system.

8 minutes ago, coldravens said:

Note also that if the system matches the numbers of players nothing will change there will be aweys a loser guild, thats what we trying to suggest to change so everyone can enjoy the new dung.Also as higgy said current system just promotes low lvl guilds not to advance so they can enjoy free buff, and make high lvl ones to feel cheated cuz they lvl up and need to compate vs much stronger enemys while others do almost nothing for it, if system makes people leave high lvl guilds for low ones, make low ones to slow there advance or more likely never to advance then i too think there is something verry wrong in this system.

There will always be a loser. My aim is not to make the loser always the same one(s). Low level guild should not be penalized for having an easy life, but high level guilds should not be penalized as well. 

I believe my system could prevent as much as possible the current system according to which:

[Lv 5 guild] = Victory

[Lv8 guild] = Average fights

[Lv12 guild] = Get lost unless you've got full PvP players. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I decided to figure it out and come up with a system that would diversify the gameplay and give some guilds a chance. The basic principle of this system is:

• No repetition, you cannot meet the same opponent twice in a row (two events in a row).

Of course, there are many variations of this method, as there are different numbers of guilds of different levels on different servers, currently the Legion side is less popular.

But I also don't see the point in introducing a different matchmaking system on servers where everything works as expected. 

Also matchmaking its +/- 1 guild lvl,if needed by an odd number of guilds of the same level

The option of matching based on the number of players online would also be interesting.

A win streak system could also be introduced, suppose the guild wins its GvG level 8, for every 2 consecutive wins it is treated in mm as +1 (so 9lvl guild), if the guild loses 2 times it is treated in mm as -1 ( if 12 lvl guild lose 2 GvG in a row, mm treated this guild as 11lvl, if lose 4 like 10lvl etc, win/lose reset streak, if 12lvl guild lose 4 times its treated as 10lvl, after win lose streak is end and again its treated as 12lvl again.)

PS.  If got lost somewhere and you see a mistake or no logic, forgive me, I am writing this post while slicing fries for a girl. (She has bad days, if i doesn't write a post within the next 48 hours, call the police.) Huge potato heart for all.

:pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

NMSfinal.png

IMG_20200927_143724.jpg

Edited by PureSex