My Personal Opinion about Warlock in 8.4.2

Khrone

Зона слабости.png Weakness Zone

Cooldown time is changed from 20 to 30 seconds.

I don't used it too much, but i think that 10s is a lot. Maybe 25s is good.

Порча.png Hex

Increased the dealt damage on all skill levels. 

Good for PvP i think.

Вытягивание жизни.png Life Exhaust

Increased the damage on all skill levels.

Increased the amount of restored health on all skill levels. From 34-37-40-43-46% of dealt damage to 35-45-55-65-75%.

Ok, that's good, i think? The damage doesn't increase too much, but if it was a way to compensate the lack of damage of Shadow Sphere, i prefer the old Shadow Sphere.

Теневая сфера.png Shadow Sphere

Changed the mechanic of calculating damage depending on the current energy. The skill no longer costs energy before use, but instead restores 10-12-14-16 points of energy.

Changed the dependance of the damage from the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum — dealt damage was lowered by ~25%.

I really liked the part where it doesn't cost Mana and regenerates it, but... 25% less damage? That's a huge nerf. It's literally the only damage skill of Warlock.

At least increase 25% of the damage of Pool of Darkness, everyone knows that its damage is too low.

Каменное тело.png Stone Body

Changed the mechanic of using the skill. Now after using the skill it can be cancelled during its effect.

Changed the duration of the skill. From 4-6-8-10 seconds to 6-8-10-12.

The skill now restores health every 2 seconds of its duration amounting to 2-3-4-5% from maximum health amount. 

It looks cool, but... WHY DOES IT CANCELS POWER OF RELAXATION? IS IT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? AND WHY WE CAN ATTACK DURING THE EFFECT? 

Сила покоя.png Power of relaxation

Changed the consumption of energy on all skill levels. From 6-7-8-9 points per 2 to 7-8-9-10.

Since Shadow Sphere now regenerates Mana, isn't a huge nerf.

3 hours ago, Khrone said:

What do you guys think about the new Warlock?

Decently powerful. Not op. Well balanced

My build idea is:

Arrow of Darkness 5/5 

Maximum damage

Life Exhaust 5/5

A little (very tiny) damage

Pool of Darkness or Dark Circle 3/5

Extra AoE damage or stun

Power of Relaxation 4/4

Damage and Critical Hit buff

Shadow Sphere 4/4

Explosive damage and mana regeneration

Grimoire 4/4

Defense decrease

Or 

Dark Seal 4/4

Just for Life Exhaust buff.

Helps both in PvP and PvE.

Edited by Khrone

18 hours ago, Khrone said:

WHY DOES IT CANCELS POWER OF RELAXATION? IS IT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? AND WHY WE CAN ATTACK DURING THE EFFECT?

I believe it's a bug.

@Akasha Please look into this. The skill description doesn't mention cancellation of existing buffs of warlock when stone body is applied.

Ty. 

Sorry, Ive just noticed the fact that theres  a warlock fanbase. 

21 hours ago, Khrone said:

Теневая сфера.pngShadow Sphere

Changed the mechanic of calculating damage depending on the current energy. The skill no longer costs energy before use, but instead restores 10-12-14-16 points of energy.

Changed the dependance of the damage from the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum — dealt damage was lowered by ~25%.

I really liked the part where it doesn't cost Mana and regenerates it, but... 25% less damage? That's a huge nerf. It's literally the only damage skill of Warlock.

At least increase 25% of the damage of Pool of Darkness, everyone knows that its damage is too low.

This 25% nerf is absolute awful for every single warlock player in my opinion, Ive focused my warlock around PvE for years and Ive always stuck to it but recent days Ive started doing a bit of PvP and I can understand why people get so frustrated about warlock control skills but now days people need to understand that Warlocks biggest counter is Resistance. 10% resistance is annoying for warlocks but 20/30% resistance makes warlocks unplayable. Ive capped my warlocks damage at level 30 with the highest amount of pene with the intentions of focusing Mana regen on rings. 130 Mana regen, 30% penetration, 44% crit and so on. With that in mind Ive hit max crits on land with a double pene staff in dungeons using Pots cards Medusa and a necro in the party and hit easy 15k crits no dramas. But it tastes a lot of buffs to actually achieve this fluently. This of course is a different story in Arena, After playing against max resi players of all types my Shadow spheres average hit is about 1.3k give or take with 50% fero and around 23% penetration. Now I dont see how any of this needs to be changed. Giving us mana back on use? Honestly its pointless and Id never ask for it as Ive proven that its not the worst Idea to run full regen anyway. Ive been in main raid boss parties because of my damage output and there was only a very few amount of people that kept up and or out DPS'd my warlock and those players being players with a lot of Books. 

People always wondered why I focused PvE over PvP on my lock and thats because Im strong at what I do. Ive got no idea why they want to nerf the crap out of Shadow sphere but whatever the issue is Id personally LOVE to find out 😛

Numbawun US, Sapphire. 

Screenshot (110).png

3 hours ago, TheCaster said:

I believe it's a bug.

@Akasha Please look into this. The skill description doesn't mention cancellation of existing buffs of warlock when stone body is applied.

Ty. 

Yes, it is. Some developers said on russian forum.

17 minutes ago, Numbawun said:

Giving us mana back on use?

It's funny because we need mana BEFORE casting Shadow Sphere, and not after

Now, here is my opinion about EACH skill.

Arrow of Darkness: Good damage skill with low CD

Exhaust Life: If they buffed to new players to choose Warlock (because "it's to hard to lvl up"), it's ok, but if they buffed it to compensate the loss of damage of Shadow Sphere, isn't fair enough.

Dark Circle: Sometimes, the enemy just walk like there's nothing under him (without resisting), but ok.

Pool of Darkness: Useless skill. You just cast it to combo with Fading, but it's the ONLY AoE damage of Warlock, and the damage is too low.

Fear: Sometimes, the enemy walks towards you, and... well, it's boring, but i think it can't be adjusted, since the enemies walk randomly.

Shadow Sphere: It was so good before the update, now it's just trash.

If you want it to deal damage, then remove the mana recuperation, but let's deal 100% damage, if you want it to recuperate mana, then cut the mana dependence of the damage (and please, 6%?) and change CD to 20 > 15.

Power of Relaxation: Nice buff, but really? 10 mana each 2s? It's impossible to keep it active, and it's like the only thing that still help the Warlock to deal damage.

Zone of Weakness: Agree with the nerf.

Grimoire: I think that it will be more used, since Zone of Weakness got nerfed.

Bloody Tribute: Useless. I think that if it get any rework, it would be good (like buffing damage, instead of only using skill, the enemy also receives damage by attacking, and the extra damage don't cancel the effect. It's a offensive-defensive skill)

Hex: Good at PvP.

Stone Body: Nice adjustment.

Dark Seal: Maybe it will be more used, since Exhaust Life got buffed, but it's full PvP. And let's say, the PvP part it's not so good.

Edited by Khrone

Mages have very much damaging area based skills.

Warlocks dont.

In dungeons, I dont see warlocks causing good damage much.

Warlocks' advantage is only area stun (dark circle), but it resists mostly on many mobs anymore.

I find warlocks bad nowadays.

• 6 months later...

It is sad to see a class that was once one of the best at such a bad time, in the pve it is probably the dmg class with the lowest dmg, In PvP it is weak due to the resistance attribute.  He hopes that one day he will be good again

Edited by Arthurrxx
Mudei o idioma do texto