The New "Shadow Sphere"

Khrone

Теневая сфера.png Shadow Sphere

Changed the mechanic of calculating damage depending on the current energy. The skill no longer costs energy before use, but instead restores 10-12-14-16 points of energy.

Changed the dependance of the damage from the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum — dealt damage was lowered by ~25%. 

Ok, the "the skill costs 0 mana and regenerates 16 mana" part i understood, but what about "Changed the dependance of the damage from the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum" ??

So, it now depends on how much maximum mana do you have, instead of current mana?

If you has 10/100 or 100/100 mana bar, the skill will deal the same damage?

It means that now the different amounts of mana you have dont affect the damage as much, the difference in damage between having 10% and 90% mana is smaller than it used to be

14 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

It means that now the different amounts of mana you have dont affect the damage as much, the difference in damage between having 10% and 90% mana is smaller than it used to be

So instead of 50% mana = 50% damage, is like 50% mana = 75% damage, or something like that?

57 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

So that's because they nerfed the damage so much?

9 hours ago, Khrone said:

So instead of 50% mana = 50% damage, is like 50% mana = 75% damage, or something like that?

i dont know how it used to be but now its IN EXAMPLE (because i still dont know how it works) 10% mana=10% damage 90= 50% damage and not 90% damage

the damage % increases slower than mana amount

damage increase is now lower so it takes the same amount of mana but it increases attack less

I believe what they mean is that your mana levels no longer affect the damage of the skill at all. 

Only skill level, character level and mdmg like normal damage dealing skills. 

In return they took away 25% Damage flat out from the skill. Overall I'd say it's a nerf since the cooldown of the skill is fairly high therefore the energy recovered can't be consistently even if you keep spamming sphere everytime it's off cooldown.

Will double check in test server today. 

They also increased the mana cost of relaxation. 

Overall this almost extinct class got nerfed when asked for a little mercy to develop. 🤯

4 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I believe what they mean is that your mana levels no longer affect the damage of the skill at all. 

I tested, and it affects

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

I tested, and it affects

I'm confused then lol. 

On 8/18/2020 at 2:43 AM, Khrone said:

Changed the dependance of the damage from the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum

I don't understand what this means. Very ambiguous. Eliminated dependency or changed? If changed, how so? Could you please clarify. @Higgings

2 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Eliminated dependency or changed?

Changed.

If before the update, 50% mana = 50% damage, now it's like 50% mana = 75% damage, for example.

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

Changed.

If before the update, 50% mana = 50% damage, now it's like 50% mana = 75% damage, for example.

Sure about these numbers ? 

Let me get this straight, 25% damage was cut off to change the dependancy parameters a little? :angry1:

Edited by TheCaster

8 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Changed.

Yep, that's basically the way it is. 

5 minutes ago, Khrone said:

100% accurate calculations?

I don't have access to them, but the idea you made shall be correct. For more correct datas, @snorlax can help you. 

Ok, now the skill recover 6%. If you still wants to recover 16 mana, you need exactly 267 mana.

Please, just let Warlock be the way it was before the update, nerf only Zone of Weakness and we will be happy.

Edited by Khrone

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

do we though, if so then just go out there and test it

N = X (1 - ( Y / ( Y +100)))  

N - Final Skill Cooldown

X - Normal Skill Cooldown

Y - Character's CDR

That's just the Cooldown calculation.

I don't think that the new Shadow Sphere damage can be something like 1% mana = 0.75 damage, or 1% mana = 1.5% damage, i think that's something complicated like that.

Can you send us the new damage calculation, @Peony?

Edited by Khrone

Hello there!

Shadow Sphere

The damage of the skill depends on
- skill level
- character level
- character's magic power
- the relation of the amount of current energy to the maximum

First of all, the base damage is calculated, after that, depending on the character's energy, the skill damage can be modified from 110% to +125% of the base calculated damage (depending on the character's skill level).

Only the final increase has changed. However, now it is a little easier to deal maximum damage if you have an active skill "Power of relaxation" - previously, you needed to get to a specific moment when the energy was restored to the maximum amount (regeneration/item), but it was not always possible due to various moments.

23 minutes ago, Peony said:

Only the final increase has changed. However, now it is a little easier to deal maximum damage if you have an active skill "Power of relaxation" - previously, you needed to get to a specific moment when the energy was restored to the maximum amount (regeneration/item), but it was not always possible due to various moments.

So basically, on the first look, looks like a nerf, but now it's easier to do a high damage?

7 minutes ago, Peony said:

yep!

But the calculation is still something easy, like:

x% mana = x% damage?

Or now is like:

x% mana = 2/5(100+x÷(2×(4+y))) damage?

Edited by Khrone

16 минут назад, Khrone сказал:

But the calculation is still something easy, like:

x% mana = x% damage?

Or now is like:

x% mana = 2/5(100+x÷(2×(4+y))) damage?

I can not give detailed formulas of mechanics

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 7:40 PM, Khrone said:

So basically, on the first look, looks like a nerf, but now it's easier to do a high damage?

You mean by enabling locks to use that skill more often instead of a one time high damage shot in the beginning with full mana? 

:huh:

For this to be practical, shouldn't the cooldown of that skill be reduced? The cost of using relaxation was also increased. I have 100+ mana regen and I still can't keep up with lock skills energy usage even after putting energy regen in rings, belt, boots, cape, amulet and guild energy regen passive. 

These are my stats atmScreenshot_20200830_103742.jpg

50+ cooldown is on the higher side of what most casters get with using adequate gears and guild buffs. 

And this is the cd time of sphere with my current cooldown:

Screenshot_20200830_105051.jpg

So I don't think it would be classified as a buff since 25% dmg was cut but still can't use the skill to regain mana adequately . It would be more practically useful if the CD time was reduced a bit since relax eats high mana every 2s. 

Edited by TheCaster

5 hours ago, TheCaster said:

You mean by enabling locks to use that skill more often instead of a one time high damage shot in the beginning with full mana? 

:huh:

For this to be practical, shouldn't the cooldown of that skill be reduced? The cost of using relaxation was also increased. I have 100+ mana regen and I still can't keep up with lock skills energy usage even after putting energy regen in rings, belt, boots, cape, amulet and guild energy regen passive. 

These are my stats atmScreenshot_20200830_103742.jpg

50+ cooldown is on the higher side of what most casters get with using adequate gears and guild buffs. 

And this is the cd time of sphere with my current cooldown:

Screenshot_20200830_105051.jpg

So I don't think it would be classified as a buff since 25% dmg was cut but still can't use the skill to regain mana adequately . It would be more practically useful if the CD time was reduced a bit since relax eats high mana every 2s. 

Basically, Relax is the worst skill of Warlock

If Warlocks used the 1° skill from the new Level 32 set, it would cost 18 mana every 2s 

I know that Seekers also has this problem, BUT THEIR MAIN DAMAGE SKILL DOESN'T DEPEND ON THE MANA QUANTITY

Edited by Khrone