Range against melee

Christiano

I know Aigrind that you are busy and have a lot work to do and that you are focused to pve now. But  still I suggest to make range classes against melee classes to balance. Kiting(Range player run and hit enemy and enemy cant reach range user) is unbalanced in this game. I dont know what you can do to make it to balanced so I hope other players here will answer to that question. Thank you for reading :)

That is usually the trick, staying out of the hands of the melee-player because if he makes it close enough the ranged-class is dead.

Rogue has stealth so the ranged-player will not be see till get attacked.

Barbarian has charge that even stuns and has chop for a stagger.

Bladedancer has ranged hamstring skill that will kill cloth-armors (almost).

Deathknight has even a longer range skill: pull. The kiter will be a fried chicken.

Paladin has a ranged stun skill, fetters. The paladin has heal, so he can kite himself too.

And don't forget in this game it is all about teamwork :)

That is usually the trick, staying out of the hands of the melee-player because if he makes it close enough the ranged-class is dead.

Rogue has stealth so the ranged-player will not be see till get attacked.

Barbarian has charge that even stuns and has chop for a stagger.

Bladedancer has ranged hamstring skill that will kill cloth-armors (almost).

Deathknight has even a longer range skill: pull. The kiter will be a fried chicken.

Paladin has a ranged stun skill, fetters. The paladin has heal, so he can kite himself too.

And don't forget in this game it is all about teamwork :)

:good:

4/5 of melee classes also have taunt, another tool to help get in close to ranged attackers faster.

Ye, but when u pull a range class, he just blind/root dk, and threads have a BIG coldown, when root/blind hv a small one

Hmm... maybe I tell this different way: How many times close range user dies to far range user before he can kill it ? So now think it opposite way, results: Close range loses mostly. + This game is not only for teamwork. And in arena rogue can stealth once, also agro/taunt doesnt affect if enemy is skilled player, Hamstring(2 block) you can kite from 5block, fetters aoe 3x3/5x5(cant remember) so it means 1-2block still you can kite from 5block. Barbarian and Dk are different, if you havent noticed that mc's are mostly pvp(Better stuns, Can pull/charge at rangers, Blind/Fear, aoe skills) and elfs are for pve(dmg reduction, better shield and heal against nec, best dps classes, best tank[with heal], buff spells). So I think this will open eyes of all you even those who want protect own kiting classes. Ps. I dont want make close range classes op, just want all classes be in same line. Usually MMORPG games doesnt have best classes. But this does have.

Just want to fix wrong information about fetter of justice.

I mostly play paladin and judge from ppl here they don't play paladin.

FoJ its not range, its close range stopper (not stun since u can still do normal attack).

If you see its like a range skill its because miss position in device because of the internet sync.

Any range always can run although caught by any melee classes, ranger use scatter, druid use root/bees, shaman use blind/eart, necro use sleep, priest use arm, warlock use circle/fear.

Melee just can't kill any range class fast unless its extremely high amped.

Taunt won't help u getting closer, lol. Opponent only loosing target but will tap on you again

Taunt won't help u getting closer, lol. Opponent only loosing target but will tap on you again

:good:

4/5 of melee classes also have taunt, another tool to help get in close to ranged attackers faster.

As in buying enough time to avoid a stagger and travel that last tile to get in ham range. As well, timing is everything with aggro and not everyone is pro speed clicker on moving targets.

When u use taunt u will lose 1 second for the animation only, and the animation so easy to notice. Any range class won't be tricked unless for new players.

Again, it won't make u closer to anyone, yes u r making animation like pulling something but nothing become closer by doing it

Lose one second? Practice taunt and it makes this easy. Like I said timing is everything, it isn't about whether opponent notices or not it's about delaying their next hit or forcing them to reselect skill while you lessen distance.

It isn't taunt bringing them closer to you it's taunt allowing you to get closer to them with fewer stagger.

I'm using it all the time bro, I know how its work.

What class u r playing and at what level now?

Some people stay at lv14 in arena and its much easier than lv19-20 arena.

I hope u r not that lv14 kind.

If u r lv19-20 pls tell me ur name here because I want to be ur arena partner (if u r elf/chosen)

I had/have all classes, many to list for this purpose and most low level arena chars but Kaworu was my lv20 bd, long since deleted, urowak is my lv14 bd and kaworu is now my lv10. Play a decent lv14 barb, same as lv10 paladin. Eldhrimnir lv20 necro is my main nowadays :D

In all my pvp and arena always used taunt when it benefits, you are right in the sense it doesn't always carry the desired effect but it is and can be a tool for the purpose of reaching ranged classes which is what I mentioned initially. And sure low level arena is easy with decent amps and very different from 19-20 but mechanics are still the same, including effect of taunt.

Like I said timing is everything, it isn't about whether opponent notices or not it's about delaying their next hit or forcing them to reselect skill while you lessen distance.

That's like saying someone experienced in walking will never trip and fall if you push them.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the uses of taunt.

I have think new skills that may be able to close range win range:

Bd: Hamstring is changed for 5yards but does not include poison. Poidon can be acquired by using ham and then big blow.

Rouge: Gouce teleports back of enemy and make them sleep

Barb: no need to change choose dash is ranged

Dk: same like barb but dk pulls

Paladin: Can use heal skill to make enemy stunned(this skill time will expense)

or we can do like this:

taunt/agro/etc. will make enemy able only to attack u and will make enemy stun for little time and rouge have same as upper

feel free say anything

At present with any skills on melee class would not bring balance against range class.

If anyone disagree with this then high possibility his/her main char is a range class

At present with any skills on melee class would not bring balance against range class.

If anyone disagree with this then high possibility his/her main char is a range class

100% true :drinks:

• 3 months later...

Damn if only this staggering thing wouldn't occur when hitted by an enemy causing movement delay, we could catch runners easily :facepalm:

Then melees would rape all ranged classes, and walking in lab and other locations with tons of mobs would be too easy. I think the new patch name then could be:

"The melees strike back". :lol:

Don't forget ranged classes got skill which can make us stop from running and they can easily kite again *Facepalm*.

Yea, trying to reach a ranged player as a melee player is a freaking hell :facepalm:

how about only critical cause stagger. most mmos do that.

Then melees would rape all ranged classes, and walking in lab and other locations with tons of mobs would be too easy.

its not just tanks but range as well. all classes can tank as long as they have high def/heal. so no problem in lab, this is where tanks can be the real tanker.if range cant tank lab this is where tanks will do his  job. as christiano said let tanks be tanks.

root skill effect is to long+silence target! and the cooldown is shorter than threads. so almost there is no chance to kill druid... even DK have threads, but the skill effect is to short and the cooldown is long enough (30) sec, especially for BD, hamtering now have bleed and silence effect and imobilyze player ++++ the skill effect is long too. but in mc side there is no such things.

i hate watching all bd conversation in mc side when they win pvp againts mc. that make imbalance in pvp i thougt

ah in fact i love to be a ganker than pvp 1 on 1.