Where to put skill points

Twi

Hi,

as we now have less skill points and more skill I wonder where the Shamies around here put their skill points and why.

I (Level 18 Shaman) put 4 points into healing, but still do not know where to put the rest. Any suggestions welcome!

TY

Twi

put no ball lighting

Thank you, I would not like my balls lightning anyway.

What about this new Lightning Blast, is it worth the spending?

Did they make changes to the earth protection? is it now worth something?

Well this is what I did.

I upgraded my Ball of Lightning to the max.

Upgraded my Healing to the max.

And now I am working on the other one. I can't remember the name but, when you put it on the enemies, They cannot attack or use skills for some time. So how it will be:

Ball of Lightning level 5

Healing level 5

The other one level 3

My current setup:

Ball of Lightning 1

Healing 5

Armor 4

Skill disabling 5

I get along, but I certainly suck at PvP.

5,5,1,3 and I am satisfied with this setup...

@Twi: u sure u didn`t misstype? Counting points in your setup, it makes 15 skill points.. normally only 14 skill points for lvl 18 are available ;)

Right, some confusion always helps!

Its 1, 5, 3, 5

But the idea stays the same. I maxed Healing and Lightning Blast and put the rest in Earth Protection

I like Lightning Blast ... gives me some time to get away from that archer. They used to kill me in a few seconds with that bloody skill of theirs.

I know what u mean.. scatter shot -> double damage -> dead... but i won`t whine here like elfs do :D at least it is a challenge.. I managed to kill Williamo couple of times today when doing elf killing quest and I perceive him as pretty strong ranger who knows how to fight..but without luck shamans with their poor health stand no chance against ranger..

• 3 weeks later...

im very thorn myself where to go. Btw i love shaman. i like bladedancer too but mmm shaman opens more opions for you as a player where to go with your char. So right now im heavy on the crit and moon magic focusing on dmg which makes any confrontation with enemies short, usually yellow boss mobs are fairly easy for me to take down solo and pot free. i really like the offensive shaman build with excellent off battle hp reg and good in battle reg. but ive also notice that the "tank support" shaman build looks good too. a shaman can easy get physical resistance up to 23% and over (assuming that earth protection adds 7%) so what all this talk comes down too is. do i max ball lightning or earth protection?

current skills:

ball lightning 1

healing spirit 3

earth protection 1

lightning blast 5

does anyone know how much dmg ball lightning adds each level? how much more dmg does it add at lv5 compared to lv1? and is physical resistance crucial late game or pvp? right now it would only do 3-5dmg reduction from mobs. Anyone who have details about these two skills, you are so welcome to share.

heres for the ppl who still wonders about skill level progress. So i went with ball lightning, its a though choice but this time i had to think about me and i think dps is more beneficial for me then resistance at this point. the resistance diffrence is just to low unless you fight red bosses and in pvp the battles are so intense and short "most time" i just feel like i need the extra kick in more situations. SO... then what is ball lightning adding?

This is a very simple calculation to predict ball lightning. IT IS NOT ACCURATE AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE LINE FOR PEOPLE WONDERING IF THEY WANT TO PUT POINT INTO BALL LIGHTNING.

This prediction is made with 207 moon magic made on critters with 0% resistance

base dmg  ball lightning lv1 (% increase from normal damage) lv2 (% increase from previous level) lv3 (% increase from previous level)

207                            279                +35%                        299                +10%                      319                  10%

.. so for me lv3 ball lightning adds 55% to my dmg, BUT this is not all true. in a second study i made with 179 moon magic the increase at level 3 added up to 62% and this is of course since their are varible that i dont consider here, all i consider is moon magic but theirs more things to ball lightning damage then that, but i hope someone appriciates having some kind of idea how much damage a ball lighting can do at diffrent levels. I know for myself i like to know before maxing something atleast about how much ill get out from it.

heres for the ppl who still wonders about skill level progress. So i went with ball lightning, its a though choice but this time i had to think about me and i think dps is more beneficial for me then resistance at this point. the resistance diffrence is just to low unless you fight red bosses and in pvp the battles are so intense and short "most time" i just feel like i need the extra kick in more situations. SO... then what is ball lightning adding?

This is a very simple calculation to predict ball lightning. IT IS NOT ACCURATE AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE LINE FOR PEOPLE WONDERING IF THEY WANT TO PUT POINT INTO BALL LIGHTNING.

This prediction is made with 207 moon magic made on critters with 0% resistance

base dmg  ball lightning lv1 (% increase from normal damage) lv2 (% increase from previous level) lv3 (% increase from previous level)

207                            279                +35%                        299                +10%                      319                  10%

.. so for me lv3 ball lightning adds 55% to my dmg, BUT this is not all true. in a second study i made with 179 moon magic the increase at level 3 added up to 62% and this is of course since their are varible that i dont consider here, all i consider is moon magic but theirs more things to ball lightning damage then that, but i hope someone appriciates having some kind of idea how much damage a ball lighting can do at diffrent levels. I know for myself i like to know before maxing something atleast about how much ill get out from it.

agree,thats a good plan ,i will make sure,u are good player  :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Lighting ball is the only damage skill and use astral magie and moon together if i understand,it put lv max and grow up moon and astral it must make more damage.can some shaman tell me if i have right or wrong?another thing eathqake is not usefull for me cause i have similar skill,a skill like concentration(double magic power)will be more helpfull,what do you think about that?

• 1 month later...

Pvp healer-build

this is how im doing it, I know the classic build rright now that most ppl use is a fury build with moon/crit gear where you max out lightning ball and blind and hope that you get good crits while they are blind so when they snap out of it they are basicly dead and a good fury shaman can crit over 1k with ball lightning. Butt im in for the long fight with my pvp-healer. Ppvp healer maxes out max hp with a powerful heal and mob control. Damagewise weaker then fury shmans but potent enough to kill any class coming for you.

lvl18

BL 1

HS 4

EP 1

LB 5

EQ 4

Requires an experience quake user, you cant miss youre quakes when using this build

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine it's just experimental, but i enjoy my build :D

It's 4 5 1 3 4. It's fun to do your own skill build, You'll get much comfortable if you do.  ;D

Well this is what I did.

I upgraded my Ball of Lightning to the max.

Upgraded my Healing to the max.

And now I am working on the other one. I can't remember the name but, when you put it on the enemies, They cannot attack or use skills for some time. So how it will be:

Ball of Lightning level 5

Healing level 5

The other one level 3

• 2 months later...

Hi,

as we now have less skill points and more skill I wonder where the Shamies around here put their skill points and why.

I (Level 18 Shaman) put 4 points into healing, but still do not know where to put the rest. Any suggestions welcome!

TY

Twi

once i used to hv 5bolt, 4heal, 1mountain def, 4blind, 3quake... But i bought oblivion and reset it. Now it is 5heal, 5bolt, 5blind.... Rest of em only 1 .. Hope u got it.. :D

My current setup:

Ball of Lightning 1

Healing 5

Armor 4

Skill disabling 5

I get along, but I certainly suck at PvP.

ball lightning should v 5 dear frn. Coz its cooling time is low, ... I guess so, bt amplification and critic is also necessary.. :D