It's time to REDESIGN Arena

Whitex

Hello guys! First of all, let me introduce myself, for those who doesn't know me. 

I'm Samba, a lvl 32 bladedancer, freeplayer for 3 years in a row (until this year) from BR-Tourmaline

I play RPGs and MMOs since Diablo 1 / Ultima Online - 1998

I rarely came out here to write something, but I always read topics from all over this Forum (from Russian part to International).

Recently, in the game, I've been focusing on arena and trying to make my character one of the best of it's class for PvP, I really try
to optimize and test stuff on the game to it's limits.

I enjoy creating new possibilities and teaching other people how the game can be seen and played by different strategies and perspectives.

As a player, i think there are a lot of things when we talk about PvP that are kinda unbalanced, (specially with Chosen classes, I think they are OP right now).

My own class, the bladedancer is pretty overpowered on PvP battles. But I'm not here today to bring this to the table. Today I want to talk about the enviroment, the ARENAS.

Note that all the solutions I'm bringing here are just ideas, and maybe they can't be implemented on the game engine, or they will loose financially in some way.
But not only in the game, I think together we can think and find different ways to solve the same problem and everyone can win, players, devs and the company. 

All that said let's go straight to the point.

GENERAL

Problems:

a. Castle Pots and Scrolls

I've already found some topics about this on the forum, but not listing all the pots and scrolls.
Only some who really make arenas unbalanced which are Healing % pots and Def / Resist % scrolls
wich I agree with @Gladiator, don't ban or ban all. But i'm on the side to take it all off.

b. Level differences

Maybe there is a topic here somewhere about this, but I didn't find it.
The problem is people with 4 levels difference competing in the same arena ranking

Example: If a lvl 32 player DMD arena 2vs2 with another  lvl 32 in his party,
There is a 3rd guy lvl 29 DMDing with lvls 28. The problem here is they are going for the same ranking and not facing each other ever. 

c. Multi Logging

I saw a lot of topics about people complaining about that too.
Recently in BR Tourmaline some people got banned for 14 days because of this bad (forbidden?) practice, but it took an effort from a lot
of players to report them. And till we get to this point, they made their characters full arena doing this for a long time.

d. Bots

Fortunately, in BR we didn't face this kind of problem until now, And I hope it keeps this way.
I saw a lot of players from other game servers complaining about this with meaningful and unquestionable proofs.

e. Time & Blocking 

I know a lot of people will argue with this point (that's because they've been playing in this scenario for a long time), but for me there's no point in blocking and beeing blocked on the arena.

Did the dev team ever taught that no one wants to UNplay the game?

IMO no one should take my FUN time, and that's what block is, just people taking time from each other instead of healthy fight for the prize in the end.

f. Maps

Some maps, specially on the 2vs2 arena make it possible to "weaker" (not always) players run all over the map and don't chase the fight.
In my opinion, again, there's no point at this.

g. Visual Bugs 

Specially with skills used on the floor (Legion side have way more), but also with players hiting from the other side of the map
or barbarians jumping thru map walls. 

h. Rank System

The AP Rank System is overrated, the ranking position should be measured with other formulas.

Possible Solutions:

a. Remove all Castle buffs from arena, let them be used where the name already says CASTLE , or where there is a GvG fight where they will not unbalance the battle so much.

b. Make it not possible to go arena with players on a lower rank

c. Inside the game, exclusive report system for Multi Logging

d. Inside the game, exclusive report system for Bot using

e. This can be more complex than the others, Personally, I would cut the arena battle time in half and insert renewable buff totems without the hp recharge (like in 5 vs 5). 

f. Remove all maps that doesn't make the battle dynamic, and possible to run over and over non stop ad infinitum.

g. I have no idea how to solve this.

h. I have for this one. 

1st: Count the number of Wins (like 5 vs 5) and daily or weekly Imperials of Greatness prizes, instead of monthly.

2nd: 3 points for a win  - 1 point for a tie (consider any alive player, instead of equal number of players like 1 on 1. You can't (or choose not to) kill everyone? It's a tie) - 0 points for a loose (In the end... You made more points, congratulations you've won your prizes).

SPECIFIC

The Arena 3 vs 3 Random

Problem:

I don't know about other game servers but in BR server what happens is:

Someone from Legion side logs in a Sentinels (the otherway around is also true) weak character
to DMD the arena and the battle is rigged.

Possible Solution:

Redesign this arena or make it not random (of course, taking the GENERAL changes into account)

+++

I almost forgot!

Please make a change equipment set BUTTON, it's really annoying change every single part when you go fight PvP and for people who have
different sets of equipments for each situation

This will bring more dynamics to the game. 

I expected that I could have been more straightforwarded possible. Sorry about any english errors, has been a while since I don't write, hope you guys don't mind.

That's all for now,i hope everyone feel free to discuss this topic and argue with respect and kind.

GL to all of us, but it's time to break this system and evolve to something that will be more enjoyable and fun to everyone.

The arena like it is today, atleast for me is pretty bad and stressful.

@lallouss
@Gladiator
@Reivenorik
@Akasha@Peony@Higgings

Edited by Whitex

1 hour ago, Whitex said:

My own class, the bladedancer is pretty overpowered on PvP battles.

Thx 

1 hour ago, Whitex said:

Some maps, specially on the 2vs2 arena make it possible to "weaker" (not always) players run all over the map and don't chase the fight.
In my opinion, again, there's no point at this.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Whitex said:

Please make a change equipment set BUTTON, it's really annoying change every single part when you go fight PvP and for people who have

Yes!

I don't mind a lot of what's being suggested, and agree with removing or redesigning the circular map.

But I don't agree with cutting arena time in half. Blocking is part of the arena, and wasting the opponents time is how you win, you might not like it but I don't think removing time from the battles the solution, maybe enable players to leave the fight a bit earlier.

16 hours ago, Whitex said:

And a big fat yes

Edited by Gladiator

20 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Blocking is part of the arena, and wasting the opponents time is how you win, you might not like it but I don't think removing time from the battles the solution, maybe enable players to leave the fight a bit earlier.

Give UP Button or maybe dmg statues in every map. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Akasha said:

:hi: I just want to leave a note here that I came across this topic. I just haven't had the time to read and comment on the topic yet. )

Great! Arena needs a rework for sure.

My biggest concerns are:

- Random/Solo demands in 3v3 and 5v5 are constantly being abused as mentioned in the original post. Make demands in party possible.

- Castle teleport, cleanse and invisibility pots give unfair advantage to some classes over others (Other buffs are fine IMO, at least they don't give unfair advantage, for example you can't use cleanse on a fear/blind but you can on a fetter/roots)

- Last but not least: Inactivity problems. I don't know how to solve, but I think cross-server arena would be the most optimal for the arena's sake, but I don't know how realistic it is for devs and what extent of caveats does that have, like having all servers compete in 1 bracket instead of individual ones (lose money?).

and also somewhat general but also connected: option to save gear sets and to switch between them in 1 click, again, as mentioned above.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, Gladiator said:

Great! Arena needs a rework for sure.

"My" biggest concerns are:

The word "My" speaks it all. It is just a personal opinion based on the class you play or the guild you are in.

I can give suggestions for every issues mentioned earlier. Before going to the suggestions, I would like to remind that every player is free to choose any class and use any item available in game and make any decision same as any other player. I believe every class in warspear has their own advantages and disadvantages. You might find a class may not be working for you if you want to play arena ( Class X is too op in arena, my class sucks :v) . I know a guild which thought Bladedancers are too op and focused only on recruiting Bladedancers only and ignored all other classes in the past and they realised they have made a big mistake.  Developers are constantly working on wide range of data collected from each class in arena, dungeons, guild events and many other data suggested by players and come up with balance changes and creative solutions. I really appreciate developers of warspear from bottom of my heart for working their best. 

a. Developers of Warspear analyze a lot of data regarding the arena and come up with creative and innovative things to increase the variation of things you can use in arena. Each and every % and stats mentioned in the castle scrolls and pots are decided by analyzing those data. If you think the castle scrolls and buffs are too much op, maybe you should try changing strategy and consider various options available in game. I believe arena is designed for team battle rather than 1v1 pvp battle. 

b. Level differences: The situation of a lvl 32  player not meeting any other party with lvl 29 + lvl 28 arena level is same situation for every player in warspear. This situation exists since many years and almost every experienced players knows it. If you think it is problem for you, you should have thought twice or thrice before leveling up. You cant expect a lvl 32 player with more hp, mana, skills points available and skills slots available to compete with lvl 29 player who chose to sacrifice the benefits of lvl 32. Sometimes you need to try be a team player in guild rather than thinking of just "personal" opinion.

c. Multi-logging: This is clear violation of warspear EULA  not just in arena but everywhere else. @Whitex Unfortunately I have to tell you that many high level players and even players who are leaders of top guilds in a server practice it. One of the persons whom you tagged in your post has been received the ban message not once but twice for Multi-logging and the player is still playing freely in game. The below screenshots shows the heights of madness and greed drowns even famous players and leaders of top guilds through illegal multi-logging. 

Even, I understand your pain of illegal things which players do in game. But no worries, The warspear support team is always there for you to report any illegal things you observe in game. Although they may take time but they definitely will respond for all your queries and provide fairness. 

d. Bots: Bots follow predefined set of commands followed in loops. My suggestion again is take a video of player who you think is botting with predefined commands and report to warspear support email.

e. Time and Blocking: I understand very well the pain of getting blocked and losing my fun time better than any player in game. Arena is a place of competition, sometimes u may have fun or not. But every other players try compete in arena understanding how arena works. But only through experience, you will be able to overcome the difficulties and become better without getting blocked in arena. If you think a player is wasting your time on purpose, you could report to your other guildmates about this and I am sure, they will stand up for you. Be a team player 🙂 .

f. Maps: There are some maps which are created for some classes to excel through kiting. There are basically using the ranged attack advantage based on the classes entering the arena. Its all about observational skills. If you think its issue, You can be smart in closing the distance co ordinating with your other member in your party and trapping enemies in between. (When there is a will, there is way).

g. Visual Errors: This can be possible with every class in warspear. There are many occasions it can happen. Sometimes it happens when you switch warspear app to another app and back warspear app, u suddenly find a barbarian hitting you from 50 yards.  It can also happen when your internet connection is not stable and your char position on screen is different from real position according to server. Sometimes, It can happen when a player deliberately tries to confuse you constantly changing direction and the player position is in different location from what you see on screen. If you understand the principle behind it, even you can take advantage of it. It only comes through experience. But you can always find the real position of enemy with a quick relogging of your char. Maybe we can suggest warspear devs team for an option for quick refresh of game screen if you feel that there is visual errors on screen. 

h. Ranking system and rewards: The suggestion I can give is obvious. The system is same for each and every player in warspear. If you feel brackets with monthly rewards is issue then the bracket is just not your cup of tea. The developers have introduced 5x5 with daily rewards for this issue to increase variations in rewards where players can choose the bracket where they are comfortable. You might even enjoy the new seasonal arena mode 3x3 crucible coming up in next season. 

Edited by Sai Chandra
corrections

Imo buffs make proper arena fights possible. Being able to survive for more than 10 seconds makes actual teamwork necessary, but thats my personal opinion.

Blocking is one of those things thats kind of just a part of arena. It's a competitive environment, and should stay that way. It's already a hundred times easier to get awards now than it was few years back, no need to make it even more spoonfed.

The level difference point is one i personally wish would be discussed more. It requires you to basically limit your own level, or have an alternative account to fight the people spamming with lower levels. Although as said before, competitive environment and all that.

Agree with some of the stuff pointed out, but this constant desire to make getting arena awards easier and easier is making them lose their value. It's already to a point that having them is the norm for pvp chars, not something that makes you stand out.

4 hours ago, Sai Chandra said:

The word "My" speaks it all. It is just a personal opinion based on the class you play or the guild you are in.

Everything here is personal opinion

16 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Everything here is personal opinion

Aren't you and Myouren in the same guild anymore or what's up with you two bunnies?:vp-face2: