What's the point of chop In a barbarian?

Thedemon123

Just wondering cause I don't know, I went from level 1 to 12 now and I don't really see any difference on chop can anyone tell what is it for? I know its for damage but is there something else on it cause such a low damage must have something else

Chop is great to keep range attackers close, damage from it causes stagger which makes it difficult to run away from a swinging barb. Also can be used to run from an opponent to make distance for charge. It is a low damage skill but very useful.

Chop is great to keep range attackers close, damage from it causes stagger which makes it difficult to run away from a swinging barb. Also can be used to run from an opponent to make distance for charge. It is a low damage skill but very useful.

I see never thought of that before what if I level it will there be a difference on damage?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

chop help to kill enemy by chasing them in Nadir, that is if the bleeding effect is still doing to enemy, he can't run away from the rage of barb. Or may be its like bd ham to kill those who run and hide like shit in area..... :diablo: it is sure i has low bleeding.. :rofl: that sucks :palmface;

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

True Story :give_rose:

LOL noob question but is good think about it: Using 2 chops on a anemy can make a bonus on expert Skill Defeat? :blush: 

sorry for my bad english long time no playing WS :ph34r:  

LOL noob question but is good think about it: Using 2 chops on a anemy can make a bonus on expert Skill Defeat? :blush:

sorry for my bad english long time no playing WS :ph34r:  

one chop, give bonus

if defeat normal 350, then chop+defeat 420

one chop, give bonus

if defeat normal 350, then chop+defeat 420

You're incorrect, values are calculated differently. 2 chops on a target won't make Defeat stronger

You're incorrect, values are calculated differently. 2 chops on a target won't make Defeat stronger

i didn't calculate... this s what happening in my barb

i do Defeat 350 on wild boar and Chop + Defeat 420 at present

i didn't calculate... this s what happening in my barb

i do Defeat 350 on wild boar and Chop + Defeat 420 at present

Then nothing's wrong. From your statement I understood that you simply picked random numbers

• 5 months later...

Does anyone else think chop is useless ? I'm a shield barb and my chop is 1/5 and only does 40 dmg .... when BDS bleed effect is ticking for 250-350 and I didn't even that's vs a rabbit... vs armor its cut in half I'm dealing abt 24 per tick and it ticks 4x

Does anyone else think chop is useless ? I'm a shield barb and my chop is 1/5 and only does 40 dmg .... when BDS bleed effect is ticking for 250-350 and I didn't even that's vs a rabbit... vs armor its cut in half I'm dealing abt 24 per tick and it ticks 4x 24x4=96 total dmg ... that's vs a regular be with 4.5k def now when a bad hamstrings me its around 120-130 and that's dealing only 315 normal dmg to my 6.1k def ... 120x4=480 total dmg... I usually do 290 dmg with my 1h normal to a bad so 290 x4 = 1160 normal + 96 = 1256 in 4 hits bd 315x4=1260+480= 1740 ... BDS usually hamstring 1st so no skills then they hit counterattk I gotta heal right after that hamstring , and when I hit em counter drops me even lower eventually I die and they have abt 1k HP left if my shield strike stuns n doesn't fail it does a lot ... I can utilize charge and stun em for 11 sec but the 11 sec jump I get on bad is usually gone in a matter of seconds with hamstring & counter just destroy unfair ... but don't u guy think chop should deal more damage ? Like 150 at least ?

Does anyone else think chop is useless ? I'm a shield barb and my chop is 1/5 and only does 40 dmg .... when BDS bleed effect is ticking for 250-350 and I didn't even that's vs a rabbit... vs armor its cut in half I'm dealing abt 24 per tick and it ticks 4x 24x4=96 total dmg ... that's vs a regular be with 4.5k def now when a bad hamstrings me its around 120-130 and that's dealing only 315 normal dmg to my 6.1k def ... 120x4=480 total dmg... I usually do 290 dmg with my 1h normal to a bad so 290 x4 = 1160 normal + 96 = 1256 in 4 hits bd 315x4=1260+480= 1740 ... BDS usually hamstring 1st so no skills then they hit counterattk I gotta heal right after that hamstring , and when I hit em counter drops me even lower eventually I die and they have abt 1k HP left if my shield strike stuns n doesn't fail it does a lot ... I can utilize charge and stun em for 11 sec but the 11 sec jump I get on bad is usually gone in a matter of seconds with hamstring & counter just destroy unfair ... but don't u guy think chop should deal more damage ? Like 150 at least ?

Don't compare stuff with bladecancers, or with anything, actually, devs don't know balance anyway

Chop is not an attack skill, it's a dot damage skill which is useful to run sometimes, or keep rangers/casters close to you. You can chop then run and stun the target with charge. Now don't post something like why roar doesn't deal damage.