Vampirism

Khrone

Should never have been a thing in my opinion.

It's probably too late now, as most content has been made harder due to vampirism...

Possible fix would have to include a slight nerf to most pve content, which is too tedious to do.

vampirism is only really good if you have high % of it or alot of damage but preferably both so it takes money and effort to get it 

12 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

vampirism is only really good if you have high % of it or alot of damage but preferably both so it takes money and effort to get it 

If you paid 10mi gold to buy a hitkill skill, it's still broken

12 minutes ago, Khrone said:

but survivability with enough damage isnt that overpowered compared to one hit kill skill

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

Vampirism is not a hitskill. At all. 

It becomes decent if you've got ammounts like 50% 

2 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

but survivability with enough damage isnt that overpowered compared to one hit kill skill

27 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Vampirism is not a hitskill. At all. 

It becomes decent if you've got ammounts like 50% 

That's not what i wanted to say. I said that if you paid for something broken, it will not become less broken. 

1st: I know that some damage classes are good with Vampirism (and some non-damagers too), but if you see, you see the player almost dying, and then, at the next moment, you see his bar full. Isn't that broken?

2st: What is the sense of a damager having survivability if there are already tanks to take damage for them and healers to heal if they get hit? I know, in a 1v1 it's helpful, but with the actual Vampirism, almost any damage class can solo bosses and make a 1v5 situation (and wins).

Shouldn't the Vampirism heal less, so the healer can still... heal? And don't tell me that it helps if bosses turns to the damager, because almost all damage class has their own defensive skills to use BEFORE the tank aggro the boss.

5 hours ago, Khrone said:

1st: I know that some damage classes are good with Vampirism (and some non-damagers too), but if you see, you see the player almost dying, and then, at the next moment, you see his bar full. Isn't that broken?

Honestly, no, it's not: that's what is included on making a build. A build that works correctly becomes inevitably broken if you keep improving it. Nerfing such thing would be no less than nerfing a statistic like Critical hit, because there are seekers who can crit like 9k dmg. 

5 hours ago, Khrone said:

2st: What is the sense of a damager having survivability if there are already tanks to take damage for them and healers to heal if they get hit? I know, in a 1v1 it's helpful, but with the actual Vampirism, almost any damage class can solo bosses and make a 1v5 situation (and wins).

Such scenarios are kinda rare: you don't see every single damager doing that, because maybe a damager can be focused on something else. It's included in the build: if a tank becomes a damager it is because the game allows such thing to happen, with the correct build. The same goes for a damager being able to solo things. You wouldn't be able to do that without a good build. Nerfing builds is the most wrong thing to do in an RPG. Nerfing skills and introducing the so called "balance" it's a different story. 

15 hours ago, Khrone said:

That's not what i wanted to say. I said that if you paid for something broken, it will not become less broken. 

Shouldn't the Vampirism heal less, so the healer can still... heal? And don't tell me that it helps if bosses turns to the damager, because almost all damage class has their own defensive skills to use BEFORE the tank aggro the boss.

U need an insane amount of equipment for do that, bosses can posses AOE skills wich can hurt

The most recent added bosses dagan and all the bosses of campion colloseum mithycal posses a load of deffence by making hard to have a huge selfheal, add an really high dmg,  crit chance and critical damage(like 300/400% crit dmg) 

U surely see those situation in places like technopolis or vs most world bosses since their deffence/atk is not so huge

The classes capable to do that are really fragile most of times (unless ur a tank sorrounded by lots of weak mobs) 

Also we are blessed that the heals also have a good deck of support skills from weakning te enemy to buffing allies, but thier role as healer is safe

17 hours ago, Khrone said:

if you see, you see the player almost dying, and then, at the next moment, you see his bar full. Isn't that broken?

You should basically be dead from such critical hit that it heals the other player fully

17 hours ago, Khrone said:

What is the sense of a damager having survivability if there are already tanks to take damage for them and healers to heal if they get hit?

For example in later dungeons there are so many mobs and they hit hard so healers might not have enough time to heal damagers if tank misclicks agro of for any reason even one of the mobs attacks damager 

11 hours ago, Higgings said:

Nerfing builds is the most wrong thing to do in an RPG. Nerfing skills and introducing the so called "balance" it's a different story. 

Nerfing builds and nerfing skills can be one and the same if the whole build is focused on using one skill almost like full block warden when that skill was first introduced but block is useful anyway so it wasnt that bad

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Nerfing builds and nerfing skills can be one and the same if the whole build is focused on using one skill almost like full block warden when that skill was first introduced

Nope it's not. Every tank can use a full block set up. The fact that warden gets more benefit from this means that it's the skill being broken and not the statistic. 

And yea, your last sentence is the whole point of what I said. 

4 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Nerfing builds and nerfing skills can be one and the same if the whole build is focused on using one skill almost like full block warden when that skill was first introduced but block is useful anyway so it wasnt that bad

It's the same as physical charmer, when only 1 skill benefits from it (and let's say, not so good)

Edited by Khrone