Nosense skills

Khrone

I'm sorry if i am boring you guys, but i need to understand:

If the Mage is a AoE magical damage dealer, what is the sense of Magic Ban and Ennoblement?

The Solar Armor and Ethereal Barrier are understandable, since the Mage needs to get close to the enemies, but why it needs to remove debuffs from himself and buffs from enemies?

Ennoblement makes sense to me as it gives the mage time to do his thing when he's close to the enemy, otherwise he gets stunned instantly and enemies have time to move away.

As for magic ban, I have no idea. Probably would have made more sense on charmer or warlock.

Either way you shouldn't focus on their primary role to decide all their skills, all classes need a few other things that they can perform well, the problem is balancing those things.

Edited by rafa9876

3 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

all classes need a few other things that they can perform well

That's what i said, that the 2 shield skills are ok, and maybe Enoblement makes sense too for the same reason, but, man, Magic Ban is just "we don't have anything good to put on the Mage, let's put a universal skill that every class would be good with"

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

That's what i said that the 2 shield skills are ok, and maybe Enoblement makes sense too for the same reason, but, man, Magic Ban is just "we don't have anything good to put on the Mage, let's put a universal skill that every class would be good with"

They want mage to be more than the aoe nuker. Now the duelist build is stronger.

Of which class is this spell the most representative, if not that the magus himself ? A mage to dispell Magic.

In my opinion ennoblement and dragon eye as support skills makes less sense on this class.

1 hour ago, Aglaophotis said:

In my opinion ennoblement and dragon eye as support skills makes less sense on this class.

Enoblement: Since the Mage is a caster (uses staff and cloth armor) that gets close to the enemies, it needs defensive skills.

Dragon Eye: The only part that makes sense to me are the mana regeneration per hit, the anti-invisible and maybe the accuracy (since it's an eye). But i really can't understand why it needs Attack Speed.

They want mage to be more than the aoe nuker. Now the duelist build is stronger.

But it's literally his role.

"Magical Damage; Damage Dealer; Area Spells" 

It's the same as "They want Druid to be more than a healer" or "They want Warden to be more than a tank"

Of which class is this spell the most representative, if not that the magus himself ? A mage to dispell Magic.

Necro? Charmer? Or even Priest? If we're talking about skill style (ban someone from using Magic), a lot of classes could use it and it won't be a buff remover, just a silence. As Rafa said:

3 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

Probably would have made more sense on charmer or warlock.

@Khrone This is what a magic caster at sentinel side can do. Can you imagine a class at legion side performing the same fe🤯at?🥴

All credits to the content creator, just using it for reference between the magic caster of opposing factions. 

#whatcanwarlockdo? 

22 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

This is what a magic caster at sentinel side can do. Can you imagine a class at legion side performing the same fe🤯at?🥴

Of course. For me, makes more sense a witch banning someone from using magic than a wizard.

Please, let's talk about how this skills doesn't make sense in Mage gameplay from the game Warspear, and not skill style

23 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

#whatcanwarlockdo? 

Stun several people at once, deal high damage in Shadow Sphere, and reducing their defense. Oh, yeah, they have a lot of shields and resistance 🙂 Warlock now can't do anything

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Here's literally the proof that Mage is broken, lol

If you send me a video of a party of Warlocks doing the same thing, i will stop talking in this topic.

10 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Dang a party of mages can do what a single seeker can do while afk, amazing

And a single AFK seeker can do what a party of MCs can do