Warspear Account Security

slay

Dear Support Team,

Please block this account immediately:

Nick: Shyleen

Class: Ranger lv 18

Server: Emerald

Reason: someone stole the account since yesterday. After you block it, you can send message to the original owner for account detail information. Please check the IP address since yesterday.

This problem should be handle quickly. I concern because she is one of my good friend and don't want this problem will occur in the future to the other players.

Suggestion: please make personal pin to every account in case the original owner got hacked by someone.

Regards

Dear support team,

Same thing happened to me, I am afraid my account has been hacked:

Character name: Mrsteph

class: Ranger lvl 18, on Server: Emerald

also have character on sapphire Mrsteph, Rogue lvl 16 and a low lvl shaman Mrstephto.

I am not sure if Shyleen has done the same thing as me, but a character with the nick Administer was in eastern caravanners telling in Trade Chat that there was a give away of free miracle coins and for more information we should check out:

http://tinyurl.com/warspears

Ofcourse I checked it out, and felt secure, the site looks safe and is sponsored by AIGRIND LCC.

To receive free miracle coins the site asks for Profile and Password, which I entered, maybe I went wrong here and should not have done that... I went back playing Warspear for another hour or so last night, logged of and went to sleep.....

the next morning I couldn't login anymore, username or password incorrect.

next I tried password recovery through the warspear site and found out that my profile no longer exists....

I contacted a friend of mine who told me that my character is still in her friends-list, but currently offline...

Please let me know how to solve this problem, and if miracle coins are not given away on above site, plz warn other users not to make the same mistaske as me...

I hope I will get my character back as soon as possible.

thanx support team

Stephen

Dear support team,

also have character on sapphire Mrsteph, Rogue lvl 16 and a low lvl shaman Mrstephto.

I am not sure if Shyleen has done the same thing as me, but a character with the nick Administer was in eastern caravanners telling in Trade Chat that there was a give away of free miracle coins and for more information we should check out:

Ofcourse I checked it out, and felt secure, the site looks safe and is sponsored by AIGRIND LCC.

To receive free miracle coins the site asks for Profile and Password, which I entered, maybe I went wrong here and should not have done that... I went back playing Warspear for another hour or so last night, logged of and went to sleep.....

next I tried password recovery through the warspear site and found out that my profile no longer exists....

I contacted a friend of mine who told me that my character is still in her friends-list, but currently offline...

Please let me know how to solve this problem, and if miracle coins are not given away on above site, plz warn other users not to make the same mistaske as me...

thanx support team

Stephen

yesssss ive did dat steph, and i send msg to support to but till now i didnt get any reply at all.

Given these circumstances, it is not really a problem with account security but with naivity of players and I agree on that one with Miocco..Why the hell you enter your account information on a site which has obviously nothing to do with AIGRIND?  :facepalm:

Oh no, you should only trust the official site.

To warspear team support, since you know there is a fake web replica, please please block shyleen and mrsteph account immediately.

Now you know its their fault but you should help them since they are your customers.

Please investigate who this Administer guy, as far as I know he is an Indonesian jerk that I want to kill in game forever.

Given these circumstances, it is not really a problem with account security but with naivity of players and I agree on that one with Miocco..Why the hell you enter your account information on a site which has obviously nothing to do with AIGRIND?  :facepalm:

it has AIGRIND on it smurf..

yeah, and the fake facebook page has "facebook" on it, yet from the link you can see it is not the official one and is hosted on some untrusted server...pay more attention to details ;) and as far as i know, this is the only official AIGRIND site and if there would be any free coins to give away by the company, they would announce it here...

/Edit: just checked the site..it`s so amateur and hosted on a free hosting..  :facepalm:

next time, if you guys found a site for free coins or something,and want to try it,simply use another account u don't want to get hacked.  :facepalm:

next time, if you guys found a site for free coins or something,and want to try it,simply use another account u don't want to get hacked.  :facepalm:

i used my ader account and nothing happen to it, and after sometime ive decided to enter my elf account, and dats it..doomed

This is called "phishing." Its very easy to replicate a website. I think its best to advise all players in the game to look out for signs of phishing. Some players know less about computer tech than others. I thought it was normal policy to "expect" all end-users as if they knew nothing about computers  :wacko: no?

But now that the issue has been risen, and they are obviously commiting an internet crime, this shortcut link url should be reported as a scam site. It shouldnt be hard for investigators to track them down.

I understand it was naive and after checking that site on my pc i realize it does not look official, but on the phone (nokia N8) it seemed ok.....

but one question remaines:

-how long would it take before we ( me, Shyleen and maybe other players...) will have our accounts back?

-Is there a possibility we are have lost our accounts for good? I sure as hell hope not....

Oh no, you should only trust the official site.

To warspear team support, since you know there is a fake web replica, please please block shyleen and mrsteph account immediately.

Now you know its their fault but you should help them since they are your customers.

Please investigate who this Administer guy, as far as I know he is an Indonesian jerk that I want to kill in game forever.

Profiles blocked.

Of course, we'll investigate this incident.

i used my ader account and nothing happen to it, and after sometime ive decided to enter my elf account, and dats it..doomed

I think this site contains some viruses.

Dear support team,

thanx support team

Stephen

Lol this is the most common hack on gaming.

Once support realizes what is going on, they should handle it. They can change logins/passwords  :dirol:

But they did take about 3 days emailing back and forth for account information  :aggressive:

Profiles blocked.

Thanks Mioco, I really appreciate it.

Please give punishment to the thief and all of his account

OMG hope not Mrsteph...think positive  8)

Some news about your account Shy?  :unknw:

Profiles blocked.

I pitty the lammers when Mioco find out them.  :diablo: