Pool of Darkness damage

Actually, the true damage of Pool of Darkness at 5/5 is:

Y = ((X/3)*5)

X = Your magical damage

Y = Total damage

In normal words, every hit is 1/3 (or 33%) of you magical damage and the total damage of the skill is 166% of the magical damage (all of this calculations ignores enemy defense). Is this a lot, even if the enemies can resist the skill, run from the area or the skill simply bugs and does't work on they?

Edited by Khrone

7 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

33% x 5 165%

You need to consider that 1/3 of 100% isn't exactly 33%, but 33.333333333...%, so x5 = 166.6666666...%

Edited by Khrone

11 hours ago, Khrone said:

In normal words, every hit is 1/3 (or 33%) of you magical damage and the total damage of the skill is 166% of the magical damage (all of this calculations ignores enemy defense)

Have you calculated these values on dummy? and at different skill levels and different mdmgs? Because I ran a test on my lock after seeing this post and these values don't match.:huh: There are a few deviations, I haven't tried at different skill levels yet though. Only at 1/5.

Edited by TheCaster

7 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Have you calculated these values on dummy?

Yes

7 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

and at different skill levels and different mdmgs?

No, i only tested on 5/5 and with my magical damage, but every Warlock that i asked this said that the Pool hit damage is 1/3 of the magical damage at 5/5, and i think that it deals 5 hits to everyone :v

Guys, that's not what i wanted to know >:v i just want to know if 166% of the magical damage in area is too much or not

Edited by Khrone

19 hours ago, Khrone said:

Guys, that's not what i wanted to know >:v i just want to know if 166% of the magical damage in area is too much or not

I'm kinda confused though.

Would it be bad or good if the answer was yes? What if the answer was no? ._. 

47 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Would it be bad or good if the answer was yes? What if the answer was no? ._. 

Well, being the only aoe Damage ( oops debuff**) :tuktuk:skill a warlock has, don't have a point of reference to compare it with. 

Maybe do a comparison just for discussion purposes with mage skills like teleport and shards to compare and contrast their damage?

Would give us an idea on where the damage of the one and only aoe dd skill a lock has, stands at. 

Any mages here would like to pitch in? 

Edited by TheCaster

40 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Well, being the only aoe Damage ( oops debuff**) :tuktuk:skill a warlock has, don't have a point of reference to compare it with. 

Maybe do a comparison just for discussion purposes with mage skills like teleport and shards to compare and contrast their damage?

Would give us an idea on where the damage of the one and only aoe dd skill a lock has, stands at. 

Any mages here would like to pitch in?

A similar mage skill is blazing ground I think

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

A similar mage skill is blazing ground I think

The difference is that blazing ground is a new, maybe has more damage

Edited by Khrone