Will aigrind release the odds someday ?

Aglaophotis

Question

The random is a predominant mecanic of the game. I'd like to see, for exemple, the odds of amping (instead of an inacurate "average" that hides something like 5%), the percentages associated with the different loot.

We all know this game is using the player frustration by telling them "everyone wins" altough awarding a very fews. 

Wouldn't it make the game healthier if players were playing mindful of the actual odds ? 

this aspect of the game is taboo for obvious reasons, but isn't it time to have a real discussion about that ?

19 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Why this condition specifically? 

Maybe because the asians are good at maths, so they can discover the skills formulas themselves

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

Why this condition specifically? 

Something to do with chinese laws, we have discussed something like this before

30 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Maybe because the asians are good at maths, so they can discover the skills formulas themselves

You dont even need to be that good at maths, you just need to have large enough sample size

27 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Have to admit, Kinda disappointed after reading this thread. Expected a bit more transparency at the end of the discussion instead of the abrupt hammer down. Thank you for answering anyway. @Jcbreff !

11 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Have to admit, Kinda disappointed after reading this thread. Expected a bit more transparency at the end of the discussion instead of the abrupt hammer down. Thank you for answering anyway. @Jcbreff !

The only part of this post that i agree is that the amp chance and drop rate of chests needs to be revealed

16 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I mean, its not good business method because reason as to why people gamble is that they dont know how likely they are to get something and that builds dopamine in brains

the concept of amplification is very abstract if the players were aware of the probabilities and amplification +10 as a guarantee of old age with a number x of stamps I believe that the expenses of the players would be lower say that amplification is just luck but there is a probability and this is the one I don't know how it works after +8 +9 +10.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:03 PM, lore said:

i just hope one day someone eught crazy goes to calculate those odds

or just hack the game and see the code:cat2:

On 7/21/2020 at 1:00 AM, FakeUser said:

or just hack the game and see the code:cat2:

Hmmm yeah good idea. Maybe you can try to do some things...

On 7/22/2020 at 2:44 PM, Lordeznuts said:

Hmmm yeah good idea. Maybe you can try to do some things...

It's an online game, everything, from your character position to RNG is decided from the server. Players would have datamined long time ago.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:03 PM, lore said:

i just hope one day someone ought crazy goes to calculate those odds

I imagine that Russians have their guess. 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, Aglaophotis said:

We all know this game is using the player frustration by telling them "everyone wins" altough awarding a very fews. 

Interesting, I haven't heard such statement myself. 🤔

Every player can have a full experience by participating in all game activities with a regular amplification and have fun, with a set which you can obtain with a reasonable time and effort, if you progress wisely and actively do the free resource/reward earning events/quests/etc, and this is what is offered to users. If you want to go for +10 despite the odds. It makes your game easier and you will obtain advantage while competing for a status in PvP such as a top player in your server, top in a tournament, a mythical achievement, and so on. This is another possibility that is offered for the ones who can invest and want to do so, there is no need for +10 to enjoy the game and it doesn't make the your overall experience necessarily better. Because I personally have had a lot of fun playing with weak heroes which I wouldn't have if I was overpowered. In addition, the reward system doesn't choose what users obtain the best drops, so that everyone get the same chances. 

:dunno: Well, this is my view and I ask you to respect. I'm not open to discuss it, and by no means I am answering by the company. 

3 hours ago, Akasha said:

you didn't necropost that one

30 Interesting Questions – Inspire&change

it is most recent relevant topic to this discussion that we have had

16 hours ago, Akasha said:

I imagine that Russians have their guess. 

I have an general idea that all costumes droprates are between 1 and 2% (from bosses and dungeons)