Why i think that Mages and Warlocks need another type of weapon

Khrone

First of all, to separate healers (Shaman, Necro, Druid, Priest and even Charmer) from Damagers (Mage and Warlock.

And then, exactly 43.75% of the game’s classes (including the Charmer, 7 classes) use Staff, that’s almost half, so Staff are the most needed weapons in the game today, even more than the Shield, since only 5 classes use.

Even if some players would still use Staffs if a new weapon is created, rembember, basically only Rangers use Bows and only Hunters use Crossbow. So there are weapons in the game that are made literally made for 1 class only.

And it would help both healers and magical damagers, since would be less "weapon competition" for healers and one more option for damagers, so it would decrease staffs prices because, actually, they can cost almost the same as a lv 20 coliseum armor piece (depending on the level)

41 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

but how would they differ from staffs because all mages and staff hunters need is magical damage, same as healers

Healer Staffs: Their main stat is critical and maybe CD.

DMG Staffs/New Weapon: Their main stat is penetration and accuracy.

Maybe CD too.

I think that the weapon could have a new stat like Magical Penetration that increases damage of the DMG skills and/or have a shorter interval between attacks than staffs.

I already made a lot of new magical weapons suggestions, in this topic, i'm just saying why the magic classes would need it.