blocking rather then aswering?

Roland why did you erease and block haft the result thread comments? I didn't win fine, and I merely thanked ppl for support and congratulated the winners. But you haft to admit that when not even the judges follow the criteria set by snorlax people lose faith in devs. Instead of shooting it down like a russian demonstration (sorry for my political incorrect behavior but it's true), give us a straight answer why some stories didn't follow the criteria. Ignoring the questions only hurt your credibility.

ppl insulted devs,why should they answer them..

when they go on like that,devs wont do such a contest again and then EVERYBODY is mad/disappointed

I feel like they took the easy way out and used the drama as a reason not to answer a very legit question by more then one user.

Ppl will always be disappointed, but if the criterias rant even followed by devs. They have a valid reason to be upset. I'm sure haft the people won't care if this was the last contest if no one follows the rules. Not even the ones that set them up.

ppl insulted devs,why should they answer them..

when they go on like that,devs wont do such a contest again and then EVERYBODY is mad/disappointed

They insulted the devs because of anger..

People have different anger management and they express their anger with those harsh words...

But come to think of it.. Is it really logical that in a contest, before the announcement of the winners there is a sudden change of rules??

Thai is what we think wrong and illogical in this situation...

And we are all humans right? humans seek knowledge if they don't understand something.. so technically we DON'T Understand why the change the rules suddenly and what are the criteria for this contest?

they know,no matter what they say,there will still be ppl angry and will go on insult them,so its a waste of time

Roland why did you erease and block haft the result thread comments? I didn't win fine, and I merely thanked ppl for support and congratulated the winners. But you haft to admit that when not even the judges follow the criteria set by snorlax people lose faith in devs. Instead of shooting it down like a russia demonstration (sorry for my political incorrect behavior but it's true), give us a straight answer my some stories didn't follow the criteria. gnoring the questions only hurt your credibility.

It's not even me, I just blocked Buzz Light whatever.

We tried to judge in the circumstances we had, some stories were slightly bugger but still ok, we couldn't ban people just for using several hundreds of characters more, how do you think?

It's was an art contest, there always will be people who will say that judgement is far from objective one, but what should we do? Reward everyone who participate?

I should say that almost every story wasn't even about a day of life, but we still decided not to cancel the competition.

All we can is apologize and wish luck in the future contests to everyone. Or maybe you think differently?

I'm also against all this repressions and always support the dialogue between us and our players. 

they know,no matter what they say,there will still be ppl angry and will go on insult them,so its a waste of time

No! we are only seeking for explanation... and they refused to talked that's why the people raging in anger...

It's not even me, I just blocked Buzz Light whatever.

We tried to judge in the circumstances we had, some stories were slightly bugger but still ok, we couldn't ban people just for using several hundreds of characters more, how do you think?

It's was an art contest, there always will be people who will say that judgement is far from objective one, but what should we do? Reward everyone who participate?

I should say that almost every story wasn't even about a day of life, but we still decided not to cancel the competition.

All we can is apologize and wish luck in the future contests to everyone. Or maybe you think differently?

I'm also against all this repressions and always support the dialogue between us and our players.

So why did you change the rules in contest suddenly??

what is your objective?

So why did you change the rules in contest suddenly??

what is your objective?

we didn't change the rules, we just acted in the different circumstances.

I'll ask once again: we couldn't ban people just for using several hundreds of characters more, how do you think?

we didn't change the rules, we just acted in the different circumstances.

I'll ask once again: we couldn't ban people just for using several hundreds of characters more, how do you think?

Then I think you should announced it earlier so we can create good story with bigger amount of characters..

As I said not all people prefer writing stories with limited characters because we are not able to put supporting details to our story to make it better and vivid.

The character or word amount was the biggest challange of the contest. And if you allow a slightly longer story, what is the ok amount to go over? 500? 750? Criteria is criteria and 4000 was the limit. Many of us undermind our stories by removing 200, 400, 1000 to stay whiring the criteria.

I'm ok with not winning and I'm not seeking a win. I'm seeking aswers, and its not ok for judges to apply house rules on certain stories. Rules are set for equality.

I'm ok with not winning and I'm not seeking a win. I'm seeking aswers, and its not ok for judges to apply house rules on certain stories. Rules are set for equality.

If we're talking about equality then we will have 3.5 winners in that contest. Is it fair?

If we're talking about equality then we will have 3.5 winners in that contest. Is it fair?

Yes, it is. If they dont follow the rules, disqualify them.

The character or word amount was the biggest challange of the contest. And if you allow a slightly longer story, what is the ok amount to go over? 500? 750? Criteria is criteria and 4000 was the limit. Many of us undermind our stories by removing 200, 400, 1000 to stay whiring the criteria.

Yes mr. Roland I am respecting you and the whole team of warspear.. but as I said why do you need to change the rules about character limits?

The characters size is a very necessary factor in creating good stories...

And it is  really hard to create stories using limited character size...

Its like cooking a food with lacking of condiments....

Yes, it is. If they dont follow the rules, disqualify them.

Yes, it's fair from the point of justice. But justice is not always an absolute.

Circumstances were changing, we tried to react accordingly and to reward every suitable contestant.

We apologize and respect you right to express your dissatisfaction, sometimes it happens not the way we wanted originally.

But, please, don't be upset, there're a lot of contests are awaiting and we will do our best to make judgement more objective.

That's not an answer to our questions... And no I don't want equality by 3.5 winners. I want equality where everyone is judged by the same criteria...

It's not about winning, I don't care that I didn't win or that jayrox did. If it wasnt for the fact people mentioning certain story weren't following the criterias, I had done one post of a good loser, the one that got removed, and then licked my wounds. Bu when criterias are not followed and house rules are applied people have a legit right to be upset and wonder.

Yes, it's fair from the point of justice. But justice is not always an absolute.

Circumstances were changing, we tried to react accordingly and to reward every suitable contestant.

We apologize and respect you right to express your dissatisfaction, sometimes it happens not the way we wanted originally.

But, please, don't be upset, there're a lot of contests are awaiting and we will do our best to make judgement more objective.

do more contests  :blush:

From those statements above still we cannot find accurate answer to our question that:

"Why do you need to change the rules suddenly?"

So you are saying that you changed it because you just want to changed it?

In that case I think you will lose your credibility  since you allowed your own rules to be broken.

Why you need to set those rules if we don't need to follow them at all?

From those statements above still we cannot find accurate answer to our question that:

In that case I think you will lose your credibility  since you allowed your own rules to be broken.

Once again: we didn't change the rules, we just used the material we had.

i think he replied yet to the answer...its like,when they strictly would look at the rules,only 3-4 ppl could have taken part of the competition,all others didnt didnt respect the rues completely,so they better let more ppl win

So what your saying is that you had to adapt the rules according to the material, cause all of it was so off and bad according to your first initial contest idea/criterias?

So what your saying is that you had to adapt the rules according to the material, cause all of it was so off and bad according to your first initial contest idea/criterias?

not bad but not completely respected every rule like they thought befor

Sir Roland look at this explanation.

Rules1. Story's size should be from 1000 characters up to 4000 characters

2. Genre in which stories should be written is limited to the specific game setting -  it is assumed that it will be a fantasy in all its forms.3. You should tell us a story from the view of any game character: monster, miniboss or even quest NPC. You should tell the story about the day of that character, about its life and adventures!4. You should create thread in special forum section5. Restrictions. To participate you should have at least 15 messages on forum. 1 user – 1 entry.

In the rules above we can see clearly that the stories size should be 1000 characters up to 4000 characters,

Yet suddenly you announced that the story size is NOW UNLIMITED.

Now can you please tell me if there is NO  changes in the Rules?

And again are those evidence still not enough to tell that the rules you made is meant to be broken?

Sir Roland just please admit that there is a changes made in the rules for unknown reason...

Sir Roland just please admit that there is a changes made in the rules for unknown reason...

No changes were made, we just couldn't let 3 or 4 guys win, we wanted to have full set of winners.

Exactly...

No changes were made, we just couldn't let 3 or 4 guys win, we wanted to have full set of winners.

Sir.. its clear you changed the rules so that the number of the winners will increased but that is unfair sir...

its better if you just let few winners to won rather than changing the rules so that the number of the winners will increased to have a full set of winners..

The words came from your own mouth sir...

Just admit it sir..

I understand that you want to increased the number of winners by Breaking the rules. However its unfair for those participants who followed all of  the initial rules that you have set.

Sir.. its clear you changed the rules so that the number of the winners will increased but that is unfair sir...

its better if you just let few winners to won rather than changing the rules so that the number of the winners will increased to have a full set of winners..

The words came from your own mouth sir...

Just admit it sir..

I understand that you want to increased the number of winners by Breaking the rules. However its unfair for those participants who followed all of  the initial rules that you have set.

This dialogue is pointless now.

I just want to see the reaction of our community if there's just 3 winners in the whole big competition.

Simple way of solving this "did they/didn't they" situation

Was the limit of characters set at 4000?

Yes

Have stories that have more than 4000 characters been rewarded?

Yes

Was there any official announcement to all participants that we could go over the limit?

No

Does this mean that to the average contestant, the rules were set in stone?

Yes

I could argue about this all day, but i'm pretty sure that all the devs just want to forget this situation, am i right r0land? I'm happy to forgive and forget if all the people who decided to change the rules apologise to the contestants and admit you were wrong. In my opinion, this is the only way to maintain a good relationship between users and devs.

This dialogue is pointless now.

I just want to see the reaction of our community if there's just 3 winners in the whole big competition.

I think its better if there are only 3 winners as long as they followed all the rules strictly.

And sir thank you for responding at least we all know Now that you changed the rules to increased the number of players.

If the participants lose because they violate the rules I think they do not have the rights to argue with the devs decision.

Thank you sir now I understand your reasons.

Simple way of solving this "did they/didn't they" situation

Was the limit of characters set at 4000?

Yes

Have stories that have more than 4000 characters been rewarded?

Yes

Was there any official announcement to all participants that we could go over the limit?

No

Does this mean that to the average contestant, the rules were set in stone?

Yes

I could argue about this all day, but i'm pretty sure that all the devs just want to forget this situation, am i right r0land? I'm happy to forgive and forget if all the people who decided to change the rules apologize to the contestants and admit you were wrong. In my opinion, this is the only way to maintain a good relationship between users and devs.

Yes just apologize and admit that you were wrong and of course we can all forgive and forget...

Sir Roland I just want to say that you are  a good moderator because you are a very approachable moderator.

However what happen today is very confusing that's why we think there is something wrong.

Now I wanted to thank you for responding to our questions.

There's always a negative and a positive effect of everything you do.

The negative effect is, that you made people who followed the rules upset.

The positive is, that you made people, who didn't follow the rule happy.

Am I right? If I am, isn't it like rewarding people for not doing what they should?

I respect you devs, and I'm a person who need to be very (very) angry, before I use bad words. I'm not mad, I'm just seeking justice. All my life have been like this. No matter how good I do my work, no matter how good grades I get, people with more bad essays, presentations, and so, or essays and so who don't follow the rules, get the same grade or praise as me. I'm accustomed to that, but a good explanation or apology, can most of the times solve the problems. :)

I hope you understand

I find it very hard to believe that out of 80 or so stories only 3.5 made all initial criterias. Very hard, but unlike you I didn't read them all so I'll haft to take your word for it.

And I will take my last statement that we almost agreed upon as your answer and I do appreciate an aswer. However house rules in a judging is not OK. However I'm can't say what would have been accepted worst by players. Adapting the rules according to the material like you claimed. Or clearly specify with the criterias why you could only pick 3.5 stories.

I know my story was outside the box, not a epic adventure story, it was a gamble writing a dairy styled text with alot of detail, and I knew that my approach could be my fall. But I'm bloody proud with getting it all in their under 4000chars and still connecting to both me as a writer and ingame details. Some off us butchered our story by 1000+chars trying to stay within the criterias. Thx all for giving me your support and my story your time.

And again congratulations to the winners.

in my eyes you would have earnd to win 3000 mcoins

but in the end,we should be happy that devs even make such contests and devs are free to choose the winners  they want to have

but in the end,we should be happy that devs even make such contests and devs are free to choose the winners  they want to have

In terns of creativeness, good plot, and the way he wrote the story he should get 10000 mcoins.

but actually that is not what he want or we want...

We only want them to admit that they were wrong...

That's it...

Apologize and everyone will forget what happened.

And lastly dude. Don't say that his story must be rewarded with encouragement price.. are you telling us that your story is better than him?

Technically not.

Its like he has 100 percent chance of winning and you got 45 percent.( If this is a real essay contest).

But luckily this is not a real essay contest and worst the rules are suddenly changed in just a snap.

Yes they are free to chose who are going to win in this competition BUT  the winners should follow the initial rules in order to win.

Please dude stop telling that bloody should won 3000 miracle mcoins because its just an insult to his amazing story.

And lastly dude. Don't say that his story must be rewarded with encouragement price.. are you telling us that your story is better than him?

Technically not.

Its like he has 100 percent chance of winning and you got 45 percent.( If this is a real essay contest).

But luckily this is not a real essay contest and worst the rules are suddenly changed in just a snap.

Yes they are free to chose who are going to win in this competition BUT  the winners should follow the initial rules in order to win.

Please dude stop telling that bloody should won 3000 miracle mcoins because its just an insult to his amazing story.

thats my oppinion and you have yours. you always want everybody to have your oppinion :facepalm: