Third Faction with one race?

Khrone

Faction Name: No Faction 

Race Name: Dark/Forsaken Elves

Where they appear: In Langasard and Moraktar, they appear as mobs.

Racial buff: Tricky Elves: Since the Faction has only one race, some roles would be missing, so each class have a especifc buff/skill effect depending on the weapon used.

They also gain the Race buff depending on the initial map that it chooses.

My idea of how this Faction would work is:

They can choose in what type of Faction and initial map it level up.

After this, they would be like every Sentinel/Legionary, the only difference is that they would look like Elfs + Forsakens and has specific classes.

Classes:

The Dark Elves classes would mix some skills of the other classes.

Black Guardian:

Role: Tank and Physical Damager

Weapons used: 1H Swords, Maces, Axes, 2H Swords, Axes, Maces and Spear.

Armors used: Heavy and Light Armor.

Skill 1: Physical damage skill.

Skill 2: If the player uses a Shield, increases Block stat. If the player uses a 2H weapon, increases Attack Speed.

Skill 3: Normal Aggro skill.

Skill 4: A rush like Barbarian's skill. If the player uses a Shield, can cause Stun. If the player uses a 2H weapon, deals high damage.

Skill 5: 3x3 AoE skill. If the player uses a Shield, reduces defense of the enemies. If the player uses a 2H weapon, deals Stun for a little time.

Special Passive: If the player uses a Shield, increases defense. If the player uses a 2H weapon, increases Attack Speed.

Pirate:

Role: Ranged or Meelee Physical Damager and Support (a little)

Weapons used: Crossbow, Daggers,1H Swords and Axes.

Armors used: Light Armor.

Skill 1: Physical damage skill. Ranged if the player uses Crossbow, meelee if the players uses a Meelee weapon.

Skill 2: If the player uses a Crossbow, increases Penetration, if the player uses a Meelee weapon, increases Attack Speed.

Rum: Self-healing skill. The healing depends on the skill level and the player level. It has a very short cooldown, but if the player uses it more than 1 time in 10 seconds, it has Accuracy greatly reduced and becomes Poisoned.

Skill 4: If the player uses a Crossbow, deal a little damage and causes Poison. If the player uses a Meelee weapon, its attacks will deal extra damage.

Sea Song: Increases HP regeneration and Physical Damage in a 3x3 area around the character. Constant Mana Consumption skill.

Special Passive: If the player uses a Crossbow, increases Penetration. If the player uses a Meelee weapon, increases Attack Speed.

Arcane Trickster

Role: Ranged or Meelee magical damage (yes, meelee magical damage) and debuffs.

Weapons used: Staff and Daggers.

Armor used: Light and Cloth Armor.

Skill 1: Magical damage skill. Ranged if the player uses a Staff, meelee if the player uses Daggers.

Skill 2: Target Teleport*. If the player uses a Staff, deals little damage on a 3x3 area around the enemy. If the player uses Daggers, deals high damage on the enemy.

*It's more like the Rogue's skill than the Mage's Temporal Distortion.

Skill 3: Decrease both damages of the enemy. If the player uses Staff, the skill increases Magical Damage. If the player uses Daggers, increase Physical Damage.

Skill 4: Decreases Magical Defense of the enemy.

Skill 5: Creates a clone that deals damage. If the player uses a Staff, increases the clone's damage. If the player uses Daggers, increases the clone's lifetime.

Special Passive: If the player uses a Staff, the basic damage has 2m extra range. If the player use Daggers, the skills deal 80% of the Physical Damage as Magical Damage.

Tamer

Role: Healer and Mixed Damage dealer

Weapons used: Staff, Spear and 2H Maces.

Armors used: Cloth and Light armor

Skill 1: Damage skill. Magical and Ranged if using Staff, Physical and Meelee if using a Spear/2H Mace.

Skill 2: Increases Defense of an ally. If using a Staff, increases more defense of allies. If using a Spear/2H Mace, increase more defense on the player and its pets.

Skill 3: Summons a Grey Spider. If using a Staff, the Spider attack will be Ranged and cause Slow to the enemy, if using a Spear/2H Mace, the Spider attack will be Meelee and deals more damage.

Skill 4: Heals the ally and creates a 3x3 area around him that deals damage. If using a Staff, heals more. If using a Spear/2H Mace, deals more damage.

Skill 5: Select a enemy and stun the other enemies in a 3x3 area around him.

Special Passive: If using a Staff, increases the Magical Damage. If using a Spear/2H Mace, increases Physical Damage.

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Drakoknight said:

Arcane trickster would be a better name than magic thief

Ty bro

What about "Tamer"? XD

Edited by Khrone

I think the only one that could be introduced without too much trouble is a nadir faction for the chainless league, which would offer 4 classes that can pick a side after clearing their map 1.

The Nadir area could be slightly expanded and the story would involve them choosing a side by doing trade quests and increasing their reputation with either the sentinels or the legion.

Their classes would basically be mercenaries, but there could also be an internal conflict in the chainless league where the players have to pick a side.

Your idea could also work of course, but I'd prefer if the new faction felt more like a mercenary faction to justify them picking sides.

Edited by rafa9876

3 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

a nadir faction for the chainless league, which would offer 4 classes that can pick a side after clearing their map 1.

Hey, i like that

9 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

I think the only one that could be introduced without too much trouble is a nadir faction for the chainless league, which would offer 4 classes that can pick a side after clearing their map 1.

So basically like a sub class or job that you can choose that gives you new passives as well as skills.:huh: Would open up entirely new possibilities of playstyle. 
I'd definitely pay money to see that.

Edited by TheCaster

6 hours ago, TheCaster said:

I'd definitely pay money to see that.

Because you would need to 

Edited by Khrone

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, rafa9876 said:

The Nadir area could be slightly expanded and the story would involve them choosing a side by doing trade quests and increasing their reputation with either the sentinels or the legion.

Their classes would basically be mercenaries, but there could also be an internal conflict in the chainless league where the players have to pick a side.

Your idea could also work of course, but I'd prefer if the new faction felt more like a mercenary faction to justify them picking sides.

Hey i saw stuff like that in wow with the pandarians, and it works

1 hour ago, lore said:

Hey i saw stuff like that in wow with the pandarians, and it works

Nadir roles:

Defender

Doctor (not a modern one, please, just a class like an arabian plague doctor, give a better name)

Mystic/Ilusionist (magic damage dealer, imagine it as a snake charmer)

Mercenary (can use crossbow or daggers/1h swords/1h axes)

Btw, some races (and classes) could be unlocked by having full reputation at some cities, example:

Nadir Faction (Chainless League)

Dark Elfs (Malyat)

Tlalocs/Termites (Tlalocs) 

T3 guys (T3 guys)

Since they are different,  you can just choose if you want to appear as a cat or a wolf. Penetration buff

Technopolians (Trolls/Fauns)

Yes, robot faction. Maybe a defense buff, idk

Pirates (Pirates)

Idk what could be the buff

Mermen (Mermen)

Idk too lol maybe movement speed so it has full movement speed underwater

Edited by Khrone

28 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

A Japanese like race. You know samurai are shinobi

Samurai: Ranged/Melee physical damage

What about others?

• 2 weeks later...

saying stuff like adding new faction is easy , but for Aigrind its not easy.

lot of programming , new skills , Balancing skills , if new  classes dont be balance with other classes most players will complain to AIgrind

but if they put effort on this , warspear will be lot more enjoyable with a whole new faction

new story , new quest , new skills will be fun

33 minutes ago, Kamisama said:

saying stuff like adding new faction is easy

I know. Each class has 14 skills, a single race would have 56 skills.