Results of story contest "Day in the life of a monster"

like James Joyce or Ernest Hemingway? Sorry :(

it wouldn't hurt to get 1 for a fare judgement  and u take pride in acknowledging ur poor judgement :facepalm:

dry your tears and try in next competition, i was disappointed that i didnt won in poster competiton too,while there has been some winners with "bad" posters.

but you see...try again,then you could win

maybe its cuz my 1st time  :'( :'( :'( :'(

come on guys. take a break. everytime we have someone that say its unfair cause he dit'nt won anything.

and to tell the truth most of you only liked and comment on the stories of your friends.

Bro your story is good... and Bloodylips story is great compare to Jayrox!

OMG Jayrox I  didn't know you are going to be rude like this.. and FYI! we are not only people here agreed that the results is really unfair.

why rude? you cry here,that you fail writing a story with limited words...but thats the competition about. so just dont take part when you cant do that :facepalm: 

and me for example...its not fun to read bloodys story,cause have too many unnecessary details...even if he made a great job. and maybe devs thought the same. such judgements are never objective.

So UNFAIR results! Rules are rules. . How about us who follow the rules? Arrgggghh very dissapointed! UNFAIR! UNFAIR! UNFAIR!

i agree. its kinda unfair. i already cut a lot of detail for fulfilling the rules  :cray:

oh, well....  even tough i dont win, but at least some enjoying reading mine. tee hee ;D

anyway, congrats to all winner, and to all who participated on contest but dont win : its a success that delayed, so keep positive and leave the bad feeling of disappointment behind :yahoo:

cheers to all participant :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

why rude? you cry here,that you fail writing a story with limited words...but thats the competition about. so just dont take part when you cant do that :facepalm: and me for example...its not fun to read bloodys story,cause have too many unnecessary details...even if he made a great job. and maybe devs thought the same. such judgements are never objective.

cmon u got something out of luck stop blowing ur horns

Well Congrats to all and specially for maleshaman!

But let me tell you, dear devs, that i could write a better story if i dnt respect the limit of 4k characters, and adding that some winner pieces already passed that limit.

Ty anyway.

cmon u got something out of luck stop blowing ur horns

just explain to you guys,who dont cant live with the fact you didnt win aynthing,why you didnt win and why not everybody can be happy with the results

dry your tears and prepare for next competition

Congrats to winners! I'm a bit disapointed i didn't even get an encouragement prize but hey, the judges obviously have their reasons for giving the prizes to the winners that have them, we just have to try and figure out what they are ;) I just hope that people are gracious in victory (Unlike jayrox :facepalm: )

• Developer

All gift codes were sent, 100 days for activation.

Thank you for participation.

day in de life of sick judges dat shud be it 8)

you know, man, you crossed the line this time. Calm yourself down and think about what you've written here.

• Developer

Dear players.

I had to delete some drama here and I will explain everything.

Rules are rules. Story contest "Day in the life of a monster" originally was designed as short 1-day story and 1k-4k characters is not a "must", but "should" criteria. Few hundreds characters more are not that bad and not such big violation.

It is normal to discuss current thread, but insulting other players and administration will be prosecuted. We are trying to keep friendly environment on our forum as it should be.

It is hard to post all measures for that kind of contests, because it is a creative one. You cannot measure the talent, but we tried to make some contest and try to judge stories. Overreacting is quite expected, for sure. Unfortunately, we couldn't make 100 hundred first places, even if we would like to. Every single thread deserves attention, of course.

We will try to make some easy judging contest accessible for everyone.

Dialogue is the key to understanding.

Thank you again.

thx for your reply

Agree.

Dear players.

Rules are rules. Story contest "Day in the life of a monster" originally was designed as short 1-day story and 1k-4k characters is not a "must", but "should" criteria. Few hundreds characters more are not that bad and not such big violation.

It is normal to discuss current thread, but insulting other players and administration will be prosecuted. We are trying to keep friendly environment on our forum as it should be.

It is hard to post all measures for that kind of contests, because it is a creative one. You cannot measure the talent, but we tried to make some contest and try to judge stories. Overreacting is quite expected, for sure. Unfortunately, we couldn't make 100 hundred first places, even if we would like to. Every single thread deserves attention, of course.

Thank you again.

Thank you for that too.

As i already said to cereal killer we also enjoy just participating. Actually a lot.

Thank you, but next time add  (please) in the rules that rules may be changed if judges are not happy enough with the "artwork" who fit in rules. It was shocking for me and you guys will not understand. I could made a better story, thats all.

So,i lost bcuz i told about Ugruck's whole week or about his pervesion (which isnt about he game) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw. Congratulations to the winners :drinks: :drinks:

So,i lost bcuz i told about Ugruck's whole week or about his pervesion (which isnt about he game) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw. Congratulations to the winners :drinks: :drinks:

How with ungruck :rofl: now?

I agree that the competition was hard to judge and that the stories chosen were very good. But the rules say the max character limit is 4000 and winning posts are over this limit. I know nothing can be done now the rewards have been given out but next time, if you see that the stories are going the wrong way, tell us so we can sort our entries out and we can all avoid this ending. Then we can all be friends :friends: :drinks:

How with ungruck :rofl: now?

He doubled price of everything....and only sells non alcoholic beverage :diablo:

Oh my god i cant belive it!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks to all and congratulations to the other winners too :good: :good:

Im really happy ;D ;D

Dear players.

Thank you again.

Why can't devs just apologize for the miss handling with the criterias? Yes it's done and that's fine, but their was no 'should' in the original contest post and now you guys are trying to bend things to fit your actions. I know that it's bloody hard judging creative work, but in story writing a max limit of characters is a very important and hard criteria to consider when you plan your story. Not even you devs seem to exactly know why this happened, more then apparently everyone missed the critera mark and thats why you guys had to improvise the rules to even get any winners. It's quite obvious why people are upset. Instead of trying to slither just apologize.

And congratulations to the winners.

lets not start drama again. there are many that writed a story within 4k chars. some won some not. but there was good stories that was over 4k chars. just cut them off? nope. some of them won too.

topic should stayed locked. 

Why can't devs just apologize for the miss handling with the criterias? Yes it's done and that's fine, but their was no 'should' in the original contest post and now you guys are trying to bend things to fit your actions. I know that it's bloody hard judging creative work, but in story writing a max limit of characters is a very important and hard criteria to consider when you plan your story. Not even you devs seem to exactly know why this happened, more then apparently everyone missed the critera mark and thats why you guys had to improvise the rules to even get any winners. It's quite obvious why people are upset. Instead of trying to slither just apologize.

my story took 12 hrs, and when they updated rules to 4000 charactets with space i did aloooot of editing and it made my story from wow to .... If i knew some winners were over 40000 my 6700 charcter could've  possibly won. But geez not even a encouring prize. I read your story btw was wonderful. I think these contests are a waste of my time but ugh whatever

Good stories to people who won

lets not start drama again. there are many that writed a story within 4k chars. some won some not. but there was good stories that was over 4k chars. just cut them off? nope. some of them won too.

topic should stayed locked.

Many? If i could quote i would but earlier on devs were saying only 3.5 of the stories were actually within limit. Just a bit of fuel to the fire there, but i think you should read everything that has been posted by devs/users before you start making statements. So yeah, well done to the 3 and a half people that succesfully wrote an interesting short story.

my story took 12 hrs, and when they updated rules to 4000 charactets with space i did aloooot of editing and it made my story from wow to .... If i knew some winners were over 40000 my 6700 charcter could've  possibly won. But geez not even a encouring prize. I read your story btw was wonderful. I think these contests are a waste of my time but ugh whatever

Good stories to people who won

when its a waste of time...learn from it...and dont take part in contests anymore ;)

when its a waste of time...learn from it...and dont take part in contests anymore ;)

Lol what happen to this guy?

YOU WIN? Well, man, move on. That doesn t make you the best. Actually have you readed a book in ur entire life who dont contain the word Potter on it?

Lol what happen to this guy?

YOU WIN? Well, man, move on. That doesn t make you the best. Actually have you readed a book in ur entire life who dont contain the word Potter on it?

stop your insults :facepalm:

i just say,everybody who have a problem with the contests shouldnt take part :drinks:

i just say,everybody who have a problem with the contests shouldnt take part :drinks:

shouldnt take part so you have more of a winning chance :spiteful:

I see what your trying to do,

Ofcourse not... only idiots would do such a thing! *overrated laughing* HAHAHAHAHA...ha..ha

Ofcourse not... only idiots would do such a thing! *overrated laughing* HAHAHAHAHA...ha..ha

*stabs leg before he can run* Tell me your secerts *-*

I didnt won a thing  :cray:

Why Im so disappointed at myself :cray: My story was the second story in the whole forum, I created it the day contest started :cray:

Now I have to buy The Miracle Coins myself, 50$ To get my Doom :cray:

...... MY ASS, Final Fantasy 14 MMO Released for PS3  :spiteful:

Soo long Warspear!!!  :clapping:

Keep Releasing Greedy updates and become rich AiGrind!!!

Now I wanna leave WS with a good lovely BAN  :yahoo:

Actually you are the one insulting them.

Who are you to say that someone should stop participating in contest here in forum? who are you?

Your not God so stop it.

And another thing you just won 3rd prize not 1st prize so please don't be so proud. As I said earlier Bloody's story is far way better than yours if this contest were judge fairly.

And thanks for the mod/devs that will promise a good judging next time..

But we are also waiting for the public apology...

I didnt won a thing  :cray:

Why Im so disappointed at myself :cray: My story was the second story in the whole forum, I created it the day contest started :cray:

Now I have to buy The Miracle Coins myself, 50$ To get my Doom :cray:

...... MY ASS, Final Fantasy 14 MMO Released for PS3  :spiteful:

Soo long Warspear!!!  :clapping:

Keep Releasing Greedy updates and become rich AiGrind!!!

Now I wanna leave WS with a good lovely BAN  :yahoo:

Yet people need to learn how to stand up when they`ve fallen down. Don`t take your anger out on the game.

Very well said...

We are just waiting for public apology that's all.

And we can forget all of this.

Yet people need to learn how to stand up when they`ve fallen down. Don`t take your anger out on the game.

One big friend of us both did it(you know who im talking about) and ive been in the needs of leaving this game, so.... Ban me R0lyy  :yahoo: I wanna go before you release Ayvondil cuz I don't wanna get addicted again, lool I have like 6 month to leave the game if it will be before Ayvondil :rofl:

They announce an update to release it lots month later, and minions update's announcement was planned for last week, we don't have it, and they think they where distracting us with free surprise chest  :crazy:

No need to bring Born in this, he had a better set of reasons then you currently have.

You lost a competition so what? I`m sure you have some good in-game friends. That just might be an reason to stay.

Sorry but I really think you are overreacting to a loss.