Warlock's Skill Ideas

Ideas to make Warlock survive longer (and therefore easier to level up):

• Increase Life Exhaust healing, but decrease Dark Seal effect to balance.
  • Black Seal Rework:

Reduces the enemy's healing effects and any damage done to the enemy with the Seal, heals Warlock according to             the damage dealt (Example: a hit from Dark Sphere would heal more than a hit frol Pool of Darkness) to a maximum of (?).

Increasing the skill level increases the healing reduction, the percentage of damage that is healed and the maxium              possible healing.

• New skill. Simple.
Edited by Higgings

1st idea:

Shadow Transformation

The Warlock turns into pure darkness, drastically reducing the physical damage taken.

(after all, it's not possible to attack a shadow)

2nd idea:

Shadow Travel

The Warlock blends with the shadows, becoming invisible and dramatically increasing movement speed, however, he cannot attack or use abilities.

The ability can be used even in battle.

Any skill and scroll / potion with the effect of seeing invisible enemies is useless (because you're using magic:vp-hehe:)

It may look OP, but to compensate, it could be:

HP cost

High Mana cost (10% every 5 seconds, so if the player is invisible for 25s, it would reset your mana. Obviously you would stop using it before that).

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

1st idea:

Shadow Transformation

The Warlock turns into pure darkness, drastically reducing the physical damage taken.

2nd idea:

Shadow Travel

The Warlock blends with the shadows, becoming invisible and dramatically increasing movement speed, however, he cannot attack or use abilities.

Any skill and scroll / potion with the effect of seeing invisible enemies is useless (because you're using magic:vp-hehe:)

It may look OP, but to compensate, it could be:

HP cost

High Mana cost (10% every 5 seconds, so if the player is invisible for 25s, it would reset your mana. Obviously you would stop using it before that).

Keep energy low and go for a 100 energy regen out of combat and you are immortal

29 minutes ago, lore said:

Keep energy low and go for a 100 energy regen out of combat and you are immortal

Bruh

This 2nd skill isn't a combat-defense skill, more like a flee skill like Stone Body (of course you can use it while in combat, but for less than 10s)

Or, it could be HP cost too, so in both cases, the Warlock can't use it forever

And doesn't make sense to have 10 mana and 100 mana regen :v

if you have:

200 mana

100 mana regen

The skill will consume 10 mana every 5s and Relaxement Power consumes 9 mana every 2s (or 18 mana every 4s) and you will regen 50 mana, so basically you have 12 mana regen.

And of course, if you attack/or use abilities, the skill cancels itself.

In some rare cases you would really use it in battle.

Edited by Khrone

17 hours ago, Khrone said:

st idea:

Shadow Transformation

2nd idea:

Shadow Travel

You my friend, have some very creative ideas!:hmm:
My favorite part is your skill naming. The shadow theme really suits the warlock. 

Edited by TheCaster

4 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

You my friend, have some very creative ideas!:hmm:

I should be a developer:hmm:

Edited by Khrone

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Somebody can tell me the image.png.1c4f325e4c120528610786dff98eefa6.png Grimoire stats in each level?

All i know at max is -75% magic and physical deffence (numerical value) for about 14secs

Just now, lore said:

All i know at max is -75% magic and physical deffence (numerical value) for about 14secs

It can stack with Weakness Zone?

1 minute ago, lore said:

Oh boy yes

So in the right levels, this combo can reduce 100% of the enemy's Magical Defense?

Just now, Khrone said:

So in the right levels, this combo can reduce 100% of the enemy's Magical Defense?

Yes, but the enemy might have resilience or some dmg reduction. So it has a limit

3 minutes ago, lore said:

Yes, but the enemy might have resilience or some dmg reduction. So it has a limit

But it's still a huge debuff

6 hours ago, Khrone said:

But it's still a huge debuff

Like @lore said, In pve it's fairly good assuming it doesn't get resisted. Grimoire has got a pretty decent resist chance on all the major bosses. For example, st myth boss has a debuff remover skill that instantly removes all debuffs from itself and provides 100% resist for a while. 
It's one of those skills that looks really good when you read the description but turns out like one of those products you ordered online and get ripped off.😅
and in pvp, resilience comes into play and the skill doesn's affect resi and other dmg reduction skills. I want to successfully apply grimoire to a BD
(100% resist rush + Spirit of resistance) before this year ends.:like_a_sir1:
Maybe I'll post a photo commemorating that achievement.

6 hours ago, Khrone said:

As a warlock,I refuse to stay alive till then.(Sarcasm intended) :fuck_that:

Edited by TheCaster

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Like @lore said, In pve it's fairly good assuming it doesn't get resisted.

I'll be PvE

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

As a warlock,I refuse to stay alive till then.(Sarcasm intended) :fuck_that:

Warlock needs a shield lol

Garahan's Protection

Type: Passive

Whenever Warlock's ability is resisted, he gains a bonus that ignores the next damage done to him.

Buff time: 10 seconds*

Cooldown: 5 seconds**

Maximum number of buffs: 1***

*Of course the Warlock will not ignore damage for 10 seconds. The buff lasts 10s, when attacked during this time, the shield is activated, like the Charmer's passive.

**If the enemy resists again during this time, the shield won't activate.

***No double shield, of course.

Maybe it's purely PvP*, but i can't think something similar that would help PvE and PvP.

*This would make it possible for Warlock to solo some bosses, as they almost always resist abilities.

Position Change

Type: Active

Range: 6m

The Warlock teleports to the selected location, changing positions with the enemies.

All enemies* in a 3x3 area are teleported to where the Warlock was before.

*Of course, it has a player limit.

OR

Shadow Travel

Range: 5m

The Warlock teleports to the selected location, causing damage in a 3x3 area where he was before.

Basically the Mage skill in reverse.

My first idea is to increase a little the Pool of Darkness damage or hit frequency

My second idea is a Shadow Sphere rework:

First suggestion:

After the level 3, the Sphere will deal 50*% of the damage done to the main target in a 3x3 area around it.

*Just a suggestion, it can be higher or lower. 

Second Suggestion:

If the Sphere is used when Warlock has more than 75% mana, it will deal 60% damage in a 3x3 area around it.

Edited by Khrone

5 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What type of buff? Damage? Control? 

Damage is ok, but I prefer defense buff. Maybe a rework towards stone shield to have some mobility with the skill.

Just now, Speedom said:

Damage is ok, but I prefer defense buff. Maybe a rework towards stone shield to have some mobility with the skill.

So it needs a rework, not a buff.

My suggestion is to give a shield for some time after the end of Stone Body.

7 hours ago, Khrone said:

What type of buff? Damage? Control? 

Defense and more debuffing skills; enough with Stuns, you got like 2 or something. Defense - either a resisting skill or a buff after Stone Body's effect. The most logic buff that comes into my mind is to increase the numerical def by X% (where X equals 25-50-75-100% depending on the level of the skill) of its actual defence (that means that it can be buffed by shamans/charmers for the sake of the so beloved Teamwork this game likes to offer) after the effect of the skill itself.

The debuffing one shall be something like the effect of the new Mage's skill... sorry for my mage companions, but [SARCASM DISCLAIMER] you guys basically stole a skill that warlocks deserved more, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Higgings said:

you guys basically stole a skill that warlocks deserved more, in my opinion. 

That's not Mage skills, they are OUR skills

more debuffing skills

Nah, the existent ones are good, just increase the "irresistence" of them.

The most logic buff that comes into my mind is to increase the numerical def by X% (where X equals 25-50-75-100% depending on the level of the skill) of its actual defence (that means that it can be buffed by shamans/charmers for the sake of the so beloved Teamwork this game likes to offer) after the effect of the skill itself.

Well, i don't think that anyone would lvl up Stone Body, but 25% of defense is already a good thing, after all, we're Warlocks, not DKs.

Edited by Khrone

8 hours ago, Khrone said:

Well, i don't think that anyone would lvl up Stone Body, but 25% of defense is already a good thing, after all, we're Warlocks, not DKs.

At the current state of things, you're the only class that uses the best offence as defence, yet you can't do that because of the Resisting ability. I am aware that warlocks are no tanks, yet I'm also aware that this is warlock's only defensive skill, hence I see nothing wrong on making it op. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

At the current state of things, you're the only class that uses the best offence as defence, yet you can't do that because of the Resisting ability. I am aware that warlocks are no tanks, yet I'm also aware that this is warlock's only defensive skill, hence I see nothing wrong on making it op. 

Agree Warlock definitely need a rework on that skill.

All of the comments about warlocks have been moved here. Let's try to focus on not going off topic somewhere else (I admit to have made the same mistake).

1 hour ago, Speedom said:

Agree Warlock definitely need a rework on that skill.

Rework ideas:

• Moving during the effect (so it would become a One-Vs-All Armistice)

• Shield after the end of the skill

• Defense increase after the end of the skill

20 hours ago, Khrone said:

I think you have defense and damage reduction confused. @Khrone

15 hours ago, Khrone said:

Isn't it almost the same thing?

Nope, very different things.

The base defense of a cloth armor class is low in itself so even if you provide % amplifiers there it won't make a tangible difference in the case of warlocks. You also have to take into account the enemy's pene stat in this case and fero if in the case of players. So the damage reduction will be low when compared to an actual skill that provides damage reduction in most cases.

Damage reduction works independently. Let's say you're supposed to receive 1000 damage from someone, If you have 80% damage reduction you receive only 200 damage regardless of any other stats like pene, resi, fero  etc.

As opposed to a mage skill  that can ignore any damage regardless of the number every alternate attack whether its 1000 or 10,000, you need to come up with a stronger suggestion @Khrone. xD Don't hold back. :wind:

Edited by TheCaster

34 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Nope, very different things.

The base defense of a cloth armor class is low in itself so even if you provide % amplifiers there it won't make a tangible difference in the case of warlocks. You also have to take into account the enemy's pene stat in this case and fero if in the case of players. So the damage reduction will be low when compared to a skill that provides damage reduction in most cases.

Damage reduction works independently. Let's say you're supposed to receive 1000 damage from someone, If you have 80% damage reduction you receive only 200 damage regardless of any other stats like pene, resi, fero  etc.

As opposed to a mage skill  that can ignore any damage regardless of the number every alternate attack whether its 1000 or 10,000, you need to come up with a stronger suggestion @Khrone. xD Don't hold back. :wind:

That's indeed another reason of why I believe that a stone body doubling the Def won't be such a giant deal... but "only" a good deal

That's indeed another reason of why I believe that a stone body doubling the Def won't be such a giant deal... but "only" a good deal

https://wsdb.xyz/calc/pt/214544

Tank Warlock

Damage reduction/Shield works better, sorry :hopeless:

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

https://wsdb.xyz/calc/pt/214544

Tank Warlock

Damage reduction/Shield works better, sorry :hopeless:

This ammount can be still affected by stats like Penetration. Neither shielding nor damage reduction can be influenced by some statistics, hence, they are stronger in terms of effect. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

This ammount can be still affected by stats like Penetration. Neither shielding nor damage reduction can be influenced by some statistics, hence, they are stronger in terms of effect. 

Mages have both defense increasing skill and damage ignoring skill

Mages have both defense increasing skill and damage ignoring skill

And warlock's got none of this xd. Another reason for them to get a decent def skill. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

And warlock's got none of this xd. Another reason for them to get a decent def skill. 

"No, it needs more stun"

- AIGRIND, 2020

I made a Mage Rework too.

Life Exhaust 

Increase healing in low levels of the skill

Dark Circle

Increase stun time in low levels, so PvE Warlocks would still benefit from it.

Pool of Darkness

Increase damage or hit frequency (or both)

Make it unresistable.

Shadow Sphere

Deals part of the damage in a 3x3 area around the target if the skill is casted if the Warlock has more than70% of maximum mana.

Stone Body

The player can walk while the skill is active. Even if it is slow, it can walk. Or give a shield after the skill effect, idk, something good.

Bloody Tribute:

If the player uses Life Exhaust during the effect, it lasts for more time and deals more damage (and consequently heals more, so Life Exhaust + Dark Seal + Bloody Tribute would heal a lot, but costs a lot of mana).

Make it unresistable (idk if it already is)

Other skills:

Decrease resist chance of debuffs like Grimoire, Dark Seal, etc.

If Life Exhaust is casted while the enemy has Pool of Darkness debuff, it causes more damage.

OR

If Life Exhaust is casted while the enemy has Fear debuff, it deals more damage and lasts longer (deals 2 more hits). The Life Exhaust damage won't stop the Fear. 

OR

If Arrow of Darkness/Shadow Sphere is used while the player has the Life Exhaust debuff, it heals a percentage of the damage done to the target depeding on Life Exhaust level.

Edited by Khrone

Black Magic

When used, increases the effect of the next skill used and mana regeneration.

Decreases the cooldown between Expert Skills.

Obs: Only a few skills will change.

1/4: +10% Mana Regen and 20% reduced cooldown between Expert Skills.

2/4: +15% Mana Regen and 40% reduced cooldown.

3/4: +20% Mana Regen and 60% reduced cooldown.

4/4: +25% Mana Regen and 80% reduced cooldown.

Skills that changes:

Dark Circle:

Increases stun time and max number of players affected.

Pool Of Darknness:

Highly increases the damage and causes slow.

Increases the max number of players affected.

Fear:

Damage can't end the effect.

The effect lasts for more time.

Shadow Sphere:

Mana won't affect the damage. (Yes, max damage even if you has 1% of mana)

Power of Relaxation:

Increases 15% (if Black Magic is 4/4) of the magical damage and critical hit during the Black Magic effect (50% mdmg and 25% crit at Relaxation max level)

Stone Body:

Can move during the effect, but slow. At 1/4, the slow is 60%. Every level of Black Magic reduces 20%, so at max level, you can move freely.

Fading:

Increases slow and stun time with Pool of Darkness combo.

Zone of Weakness:

Increases silence time and max number of players affected.

Hex:

Increases damage and silence time.

18 hours ago, Khrone said:

If Arrow of Darkness/Shadow Sphere is used while the player has the Life Exhaust debuff, it heals a percentage of the damage done to the target depeding on Life Exhaust level.

Sphere already has a combo with relaxation, it would be difficult to use so many combos effectively in battle, don't you think? 

How making life exhaust aoe btw? And increase its potency like those bats in st normal and stackable ? 

(Exhaust cd would have to be reduced for this to work effectively) 

Those bats have only 3k hp ish but hard to kill them sometimes because their exhaust stacks, much more powerful than lock exhaust at 5/5 and they have a very good amount of dodge. (lock doesn't dodge obviously) 

And Dark seal can be made a passive debuff, that applies to all enemies in combat with the warlock every certain number of attacks or once every 10s or so? 

Works on unlimited numbers in pve but 2-5 players max from 1/4 to 4/4 in pvp scenarios maybe? 

Edited by TheCaster

Increase damage or hit frequency (or both)

Make it unresistable.

Yeah, increase hit frequency or base damage increase, both sounds good.  There have already been a lot of calls to make this a pure dd skill in almost every forum. 

If the player uses Life Exhaust during the effect, it lasts for more time and deals more damage (and consequently heals more, so Life Exhaust + Dark Seal + Bloody Tribute would heal a lot, but costs a lot of mana).

Make it unresistable (idk if it already is)

It can resisted. It counts as a debuff skill. Increasing its potency sounds good. And for the love of God, no more combos. :cry2: 

Increase stun time in low levels, so PvE Warlocks would still benefit from it.

Lol, can't ask for everything now, can we? I'd still prioritize for survivability and aoe dmg increase skill reworks over more control for lock. 

The player can walk while the skill is active. Even if it is slow, it can walk. Or give a shield after the skill effect, idk, something good.

Only defensive skill a lock has. I see why everyone is plying to get some changes here lol. There are not many other options for lock. 

@Khrone Which server do you play in btw?