how accuracy and dodge parameter work?

f4348357

Question

16 answers to this question

5 hours ago, f4348357 said:

is there any formula known between accuracy and dodge?

how many accuracy needed at least?

Direct + & - I think. 

Accuracy required depends on your attack speed and the class you play. 

For example, a speed hunter needs at least 30 accuracy in my opinion to not keep missing attacks. 

The more attack speed you have, the more accu you'll need to ensure a hit in pve. 

Edited by TheCaster

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Direct + & - I think. 

Accuracy required depends on your attack speed and the class you play. 

For example, a speed hunter needs at least 30 accuracy in my opinion to not keep missing attacks. 

The more attack speed you have, the more accu you'll need to ensure a hit in pve. 

How about mdmg class like warlock and paladin?(mage has dragon eye to improve accuracy).

1 hour ago, f4348357 said:

How about mdmg class like warlock and paladin?(mage has dragon eye to improve accuracy).

I'm not entirely sure about paladin.
About warlock, I would say a decent 15 + accuracy should be enough; since they don't have any skills that increase attack speed like mages. The maximum attack speed you would see on a lock would be the guild passive level 10 ( +15% attack speed ). Well to be honest, lock doesn't have many damage skills to use to miss. It's supposed to a debuffer according to the descriptions.
Arrow & sphere are the only damage skills it has that can miss. Life exhaust can be both missed and resisted.

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

I'm not entirely sure about paladin.
About warlock, I would say a decent 15 + accuracy should be enough; since they don't have any skills that increase attack speed like mages. The maximum attack speed you would see on a lock would be the guild passive level 10 ( +15% attack speed ). Well to be honest, lock doesn't have many damage skills to use to miss. It's supposed to a debuffer according to the descriptions.
Arrow & sphere are the only damage skills it has that can miss. Life exhaust can be both missed and resisted.

i saw many ppls said 15% accuracy that num,just wonder how this num come?

i always believed it to work this way,

each time you hit there is a chance for the enemy to dodge based on their dodge parameter, when a dodge happens then you have a chance to attack through that dodge based on your accuracy

4 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

i always believed it to work this way,

each time you hit there is a chance for the enemy to dodge based on their dodge parameter, when a dodge happens then you have a chance to attack through that dodge based on your accuracy

You have the 100% of chance to deal a strike to an opponent. However, you may fail that it and this probability goes along the numerical value of the opponent's Dodge.

You can reduce the enemy's Dodge numerical value through the use of Accuracy. 

Chance to hit = 100% - (dodge% - accuracy%) 

This shall be a rough formula. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

You have the 100% of chance to deal a strike to an opponent. However, you may fail that it and this probability goes along the numerical value of the opponent's Dodge.

You can reduce the enemy's Dodge numerical value through the use of Accuracy. 

Chance to hit = 100% - (dodge% - accuracy%) 

This shall be a rough formula. 

is that an official formula by devs?, also a quick question, does that mean if you have more accuracy than your opponent dodge then you are hitting them 100% of the time even if its 0.1% difference , if we didn't include other defensive stats? cuz if thats the case dodge became so much underwhelming to me

Edited by FakeUser

13 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

is that an official formula by devs?, also a quick question, does that mean if you have more accuracy than your opponent dodge then you are hitting them 100% of the time even if its 0.1% difference , if we didn't include other defensive stats? cuz if thats the case dodge became so much underwhelming to me

No official formula, my apologies 😞 . It is something from my experience not physically proved by any attempt. But we can ask @Akasha right now and check it pronto. 

4 hours ago, Higgings said:

No official formula, my apologies 😞 . It is something from my experience not physically proved by any attempt. But we can ask @Akasha right now and check it pronto. 

i dont think they ll tell us the formula,but it do matter when we choose gear.these 2 parameters not ez understand like block and crit.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, f4348357 said:

is there any formula known between accuracy and dodge?

how many accuracy needed at least?

Your character effective accuracy = (accuracy % - enemy dodge%) 

For example: If you have 30% accuracy and enemy has 40% dodge. your effective accuracy= (30-40)= -10% ===> which means you have 10%  chance of missing attacks on enemy