Forsaken Me

Dark mist paraded the swamps as thepitter-patter of rain cascaded to the grass. The sounds would have been soothing if not for the roaring clashesof thunder and lightning.

The pitter-patter of small feet drowned the sound of the rain, hurriedly splashing into dirty puddles.My clothes soaked, my bare feet filthyas i ran to the nearest teleporter.

Midnight tresses flopped maddeningly against the racing form,but i didn't dare stop. I was sure my feet were bleeding and swollen under my 'broken' treads, but i didn't dare slow. They were close, i could tell. Whichever island i went, they were already there, either hunting or patrolling. I had to keep running; i told my healer i wouldn't stop. If i did, i shivered as a shrill cry of a wyvern was heard, i was dead.

Just like my poor party members.

The sounds of shouting froze me as i stopped to listen, pinpointing the noise. Through the deafening rain heavy footsteps pounded the earth, and it wasn't just one pair. Quickly, i leapt into a nearby bush, its thick leaves easily hiding my decayed form.

I held my damned breath as a group of ten elves entered my vision, their faces partially covered by donned masks or helms. Their shining armorswere damp with sweat & their majestic robes clung mercilessly to their skin as rain pounded down, the blades on their backs, hammers in their iron grip, staves & elaborate bows, all shining dangerously in the partial light. How could this have happened.

(Started my day wid a shred of luck, got to kota in a couple of jumps & even reached hydra's lair!!! Thankfullythere were fellow legionaries here so i entered in a party. A simple bait & the hungry beast fell in our trap. Still it was a costly affair. None of the people had repair scrolls so the mightof hydra damaged our weapon & brought mine to near destruction. However much worst happened when many elves arrived & attacked us. They were likely waiting in ambush. With no hope of winning & my weapon broken, i desperately used my threads of darkness & exhalation to stun a druid. Instantly i made a run for the nearest norlant teleporter. However as luck would have it, jst before jumping into the magic vortex a divine energy hit my back, burning away some of my rotten flesh. Though i teleported away but the energy's effect sent me reeling on all fours. When i finally regained my bearings, i found out that a priest had cursed me. It was both lasting & hindering me from using my malevolent powers lest i injure myself more. While i was pondering on wat to do, another bunch of those pesky elves showed up forcing me to leave. I've been running ever since.)

Currently i was hiding & the elves were searching for me or some other legionary to kill. I nearly gasped as a Paladin looked sideways, intently watching the bush where i resided. My black heart hammered in my chest (dunno how dats possible) as i held my broken sword in a vice grip. Moments passed, the rain being my only solace before i heard the paladin carry on. I slowly came out before jogging towards where i hoped the teleporter would be.

NOT a gud idea.

Just wen i saw d teleporter i threw allcaution into the abyss & hurried. Thats wen my bad luck kicked in. Tenmetres away from the recall teleporter & a ranger blocked my path. "shit", cursed.

He shot an arrow which i nimbly dodged. Before he could fire a second arrow i pulled him towards me & stuned him. Alas my luck ran out & i accidently grazed a frogl in its arm. Angry & in pain it called forth his kin.

I dashed to the portal batting away their harpoons, dodging the arrows of the ranger & running on the slippery ground too. I got multiple slash & stab wounds but i couldn't stop. Wid a final leap i jumped through the portal & to safety.

I cried in sheer joy, "Hurra-ack!!!". Looking back i saw an arrow stickingout of my back. Finally Losing all of my strength & collapsed on kota's floor. I could hear healers coming but my body couldn't respond.

This was not how i had wanted to spend my day.

I alway said to myself:

Long stories are always good stories

And guess what? I'm right! :yahoo:

Good story, where we follow the brave hydrahunter deathknight.

Actually reminds me a bit about mine. Not the story, but more the passion.

I think we have some similarities in our writing style.

Lots of vivid imagery in the story, little action is done with the character, some abstract words that I don't even know block my path to continue reading. You have potential to be a winner, I'll recommend changing the structure of your story to separate the scenario of the setting and the scenario of your character speaking. Overall I like it, you give great ideas! :good:

P.S. - Fix your simple grammar mistakes. ;)

Lots of vivid imagery in the story, little action is done with the character, some abstract words that I don't even know block my path to continue reading. You have potential to be a winner, I'll recommend changing the structure of your story to separate the scenario of the setting and the scenario of your character speaking. Overall I like it, you give great ideas! :good:

P.S. - Fix your simple grammar mistakes. ;)

you r right :clapping:  in my original write up i did :pleasantry: divide the paras so dat d story nd my internal dialogue could be easily distinguished :unknw:

alas d character limit was gettin broken by a huge margin....... :nea: so had to shorten it up :mega_shok:

anywayz thanks for readin & reviewin :drinks:

Really good story! The plot makes up for the very few number of grammar mistakes because, quite simply, you were too involved with the story to care about them. Good job, definately one of the winners :yahoo:

thanx guys........though i'm curious.......hw will the game owners distribute the prices?!!.!

Since most of d players here do not use their game ids.

They send you a gift code and you just have to redeem it on your account

action packed story ;D why didnt u teleport to kotarava area and rest when u were being chased :rofl: am sure u didnt get to shackless tower :lol:

ur right....i made an error there cuz it was actually kota where i teleported in d end :P

But...i'm not entirely wrong since i died after teleporting to kota....nd hence had to respawn at zenith