Arena modifications/idea's.

Blueborn

Here i would like to suggest some modifications and idea's for arena.

Now most of these have been suggested inside topics/as topics and i will link those as i find them.

NEW ARENA MODES:

• Spectator mode
Now this has been suggested many times before and the title of it explains it all.

• Free for all / last hero standing
An arena match where everyone is everybody's enemy. Everyone is spawned in random seperate locations and the last one standing wins the match.

• King of the hill
Be it a team based match or free for all. Last one standing on the hill when the time limit runs out, wins the match ( or the one with the most HP ).

• Random one versus one arena
A 1v1 PVP based arena match.

• Challenge match
Adding a challenge function in player interactions where players can challenge each other to one versus one arena.

Challenge button only working in towns and neutral area's, or a place designed for such actions.

Must have the ability to challenge opposing faction also.

Perhaps making "Secret cave" a neutral area where the challenge function can only be accessed. ( to avoid challenge spams and players jumping each other )

• Mob/boss grind
An arena match where players solo or in a party face series of waves/rounds compiled of mobs and bosses found in the game.

Killing mobs/bosses earns players arena points but failing to complete a wave results in ap collected during that wave/round is lost and the match is over. The more waves/rounds completed, the more ap is earned.

• Tournament match
Matches consisting of 3-5 rounds. Majority of rounds won is declared the winner.team or solo based.

( Suggested on reply#1 )

• Capture the flag
Many already know the base rules for such a match in games but i will give an example.

Each team has a flag at their spawn point and the idea is to go to your opponents side, take their flag and return it to your own. In this game i would suggest the first team to return their enemies flag to their own wins the match.

( Suggested on reply #1 )

A larger and extended idea with a similar basis for capture the flag type, can be found HERE.

Another great idea for some fun.

NEW SEPARATE BATTLE RATING LISTS:

• Random arena listing
A Ranking list of random declared arena matches.

• Team arena listing
A Ranking list of party declared matches.

• And also listings for any other new modes stated above.

miscellaneous changes/fixes:

• Adjust width of the arena result display in order to see all information. ( eg. damage/heal results are sometimes pushed beyond the windows border )
  • Display damage received.
  • Add 5-10 seconds more preparation time to arena matches,  to give the party time to organize tactics ect.
  • Seperate lvl15-18 tier to two seperate tiers. lvl15-16 & lvl17-18.

Do you have any further idea's or suggestions? Perhaps a topic i could link to one of the suggestions? Or just a related topic I could link? Feel free to respond.

I want to add to this, arena with multiple rounds (3, 5, 10, 30) and a game like cs in arena (plant the bomb/defuse the bomb) but instead of base use a castle and instead of bomb use a flag. The team with the flag must conquer the castle and set the flag in some location. if flag stays in that location for ~10 seconds then that team win.  Random pler get the flag, the flag can be dropped, ad it appears on ground and can be taken, if player with flag dies, his body glow, and any other player from its team can take it.

After flag is set in location, if someone from castle defender team get it, then game is won by his team.

Or this can be an event not arena, where any number of players can go, and it takes place only 1 or 2 days/week.

I want to add to this, arena with multiple rounds (3, 5, 10, 30) and a game like cs in arena (plant the bomb/defuse the bomb) but instead of base use a castle and instead of bomb use a flag. The team with the flag must conquer the castle and set the flag in some location. if flag stays in that location for ~10 seconds then that team win.  Random pler get the flag, the flag can be dropped, ad it appears on ground and can be taken, if player with flag dies, his body glow, and any other player from its team can take it.

After flag is set in location, if someone from castle defender team get it, then game is won by his team.

Or this can be an event not arena, where any number of players can go, and it takes place only 1 or 2 days/week.

That's some great idea's. I'll add them.

survival games :D

* lets say like 5 teams and there is 2 players in each team.

(5 districts if youve seen hunger games)

* it will be a big map (with crossings).

* the teams start in different areas and they can find chests. (randomly spawned) In the chests they can find pots and scrolls that they can use to kill enemies easier. for example hp pot, dodge scroll and maybe even the christmas potion "drink polar bear" (i forgot name) that gives extra normal damage etc.

* the first team to lose can get for example: 20 arena points and the second team to lose maybe get 30 points etc.

the pots that the players found in the survival games will be removed when they leave the survival games.

i dont know if this was a good idea, but i hope somebody see what i mean atleast. (something like hunger games) Add something if u like ;)

lol its almst like my suggestion on my signature :facepalm:

This game need bgs for sure and maybe Dominion too.

Its team based, about 6 screen/cross big area where is different amount (4-6) places wher u need stand for a while(10sec) to capture that place. Every captured place gives 1point every 2sec and first who team get 100 points win

And all others ar good ideas :)

I am not gonna lie this game needs some battlegrounds like WoW had.

Everyone already knows that war is the most popular form of PvP. So why not make dedicated areas for this. Just rip off the WoW battlegrounds and it will be done. They were truly perfect.

I once paricipated in Alterac Valley match. I played one very balanced match for an hour, and had to quit because I was tired. In the morning, I registered for an AV match, and I joined immediately. To my surprise, it was the same match I left day before. After about ninety more minutes of constant trades, we managed to make a final push and win the game.

If warspear could make me relieve this, I sure as hell would start playing it again.

Didn't read your suggestion yet, is an idea that I got from Counter Strike game (PC), sorry if is something like yours, I hope you not mad:)

No not exactly like your suggestion, it is similar yes.

We are talking about a basic capture the flag that can be implemented on a single arena map. Where you idea is extravagant, and will require much detail and work, yet it sounds quite fun if it is ever installed.

I'll link your topic.

This game need bgs for sure and maybe Dominion too.

Its team based, about 6 screen/cross big area where is different amount (4-6) places wher u need stand for a while(10sec) to capture that place. Every captured place gives 1point every 2sec and first who team get 100 points win

And all others ar good ideas :)

Yes good idea but this game developed's in small installments. I Cant imagine aigrind installing anything arena wise when it involves multiple screens, not any time soon anyhow.

I am not gonna lie this game needs some battlegrounds like WoW had.

Everyone already knows that war is the most popular form of PvP. So why not make dedicated areas for this. Just rip off the WoW battlegrounds and it will be done. They were truly perfect.

I once paricipated in Alterac Valley match. I played one very balanced match for an hour, and had to quit because I was tired. In the morning, I registered for an AV match, and I joined immediately. To my surprise, it was the same match I left day before. After about ninety more minutes of constant trades, we managed to make a final push and win the game.

If warspear could make me relieve this, I sure as hell would start playing it again.

Mate i could not agree with you more. Official battle/war scenario's would benifit this game greatly.

If you have noticed i'm one for pushing idea's that involve extended play. We need more things to further interest. I Mean whats the point once you reach your goals with your characters?

End game content is lacking and veteran players are slowly losing interest for the game. Lets keep pushing guys and gals and hope developers start taking such idea's into consideration.

Just a fix in Capture the flag

Would be better to be as the following video, in the start there would be 5 monsters, you've to kill those mobs with your party to obtain a key, with that key you can pick the flag, the first team that have the flag in itself respawn for 2 minutes win the capture the flag...

i love all those ideas and most of all the Spectator mode and something i would spam all day is the last man standing cause its a fight i find really awesome!

• 5 months later...