Aura of Fire rework/nerf

Khrone

(I don't know if I will be well received since this post is just to talk about a "nerf")

I think the Mage's Fire Aura should decrease the damage according to the number of enemies that are in the area of effect, like Paladin's Banner.

Why i think this:

• Both skills are AoE

• Both skills are continuous damage

• This would make it a little more balanced, since all of its AoE skills deals the same damage to one enemy and 5/6.

Edited by Khrone

2 hours ago, Abraxass said:

Aura of fire do much less damage than paladins banner so i think it doesnt need nerf.

What about Blazing Ground? 

bruh both of those abilities are already almost useless anyway

if for some reason you still want to nerf mages you seriously shouldnt be looking at their damage output

2 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

bruh both of those abilities are already almost useless anyway

if for some reason you still want to nerf mages you seriously shouldnt be looking at their damage output

So what makes them broken?

They are broken in certain aspects of the game that's true.

However they feel much weaker when doing important endgame content.

I wouldn't nerf anything but I play mage so I'm really biased...but I could see the reasoning behind a nerf for

dragon eye, barrier and/or stuns.

The AoE damage could be capped at a certain amount for big groups sure, as long as the same is done 

for all other similar skills. (same for paladin's banner, which would be buffed by this change)

As for the skills that you mentioned, as a mage I couldn't care less about their damage output to be honest...

15 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

I wouldn't nerf anything but I play mage so I'm really biased...but I could see the reasoning behind a nerf for

dragon eye, barrier and/or stuns.

My suggestion is that, instead of completely ignoring the damage after every 2 hits, it looks like this:

Ethereal Barrier:

Passive

Ignores physical damage after every 6-5-4-3 hit.

Well, idk if it would still be a good skill after that, but it is better than ignoring the damage completely.

Basically, the only classes that could counter this are magic DKs (which do good damage now) and Warlocks.

About Dragon Eye, I know it's an important skill for mages (the same as agro for a tank).

I played as a Mage (but until lv 10) and I know that mana is a big problem for him.

So, my suggestion is to remove the attack speed, after all, you are a Mage, not a Seeker, or a Hunter.

25 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

They are broken in certain aspects of the game that's true.

However they feel much weaker when doing important endgame content.

Well, with all of this AoE and defensive skills, a Vamp Mage is almost immortal...

You sound like a warlock player.

I'd rather buff warlocks...and you should hope for that too if you play them.

Also you should be looking at nerfing lifesteal...I feel like that's your main problem here

28 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

You sound like a warlock player.

😞

I'd rather buff warlocks...and you should hope for that too if you play them.

We don't need buffs, just the necessary skills, like a defensive one instead of control.

Also you should be looking at nerfing lifesteal...I feel like that's your main problem here

Some classes are good with Vampirism, like Seeker and Death Knight (or not), but Mages are too op with it, this is the problem.