Khrone

Warlock Skill Suggestions

Garahan's Protection

Type: Passive

Whenever Warlock's ability is resisted, he gains a bonus that ignores the next damage done to him.

Buff time: 10 seconds*

Cooldown: 5 seconds**

Maximum number of buffs: 1***

*Of course the Warlock will not ignore damage for 10 seconds. The buff lasts 10s, when attacked during this time, the shield is activated, like the Charmer's passive.

**If the enemy resists again during this time, the shield won't activate.

***No double shield, of course.

Maybe it's purely PvP*, but i can't think something similar that would help PvE and PvP.

*This would make it possible for Warlock to solo some bosses, as they almost always resist abilities.

Position Change

Type: Active

Range: 6m

The Warlock teleports to the selected location, changing positions with the enemies.

All enemies* in a 3x3 area are teleported to where the Warlock was before.

*Of course, it has a player limit.

OR

Shadow Travel

Type: Active

Range: 5m

The Warlock teleports to the selected location, causing damage in a 3x3 area where he was before.

Basically the Mage skill in reverse.

Edited by Khrone

5 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What type of buff? Damage? Control? 

Damage is ok, but I prefer defense buff. Maybe a rework towards stone shield to have some mobility with the skill.

Just now, Speedom said:

Damage is ok, but I prefer defense buff. Maybe a rework towards stone shield to have some mobility with the skill.

So it needs a rework, not a buff.

My suggestion is to give a shield for some time after the end of Stone Body.

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

So it needs a rework, not a buff.

My suggestion is to give a shield for some time after the end of Stone Body.

I like that idea

7 hours ago, Khrone said:

What type of buff? Damage? Control? 

Defense and more debuffing skills; enough with Stuns, you got like 2 or something. Defense - either a resisting skill or a buff after Stone Body's effect. The most logic buff that comes into my mind is to increase the numerical def by X% (where X equals 25-50-75-100% depending on the level of the skill) of its actual defence (that means that it can be buffed by shamans/charmers for the sake of the so beloved Teamwork this game likes to offer) after the effect of the skill itself.

The debuffing one shall be something like the effect of the new Mage's skill... sorry for my mage companions, but [SARCASM DISCLAIMER] you guys basically stole a skill that warlocks deserved more, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Higgings said:

you guys basically stole a skill that warlocks deserved more, in my opinion. 

That's not Mage skills, they are OUR skills

more debuffing skills

Nah, the existent ones are good, just increase the "irresistence" of them.

The most logic buff that comes into my mind is to increase the numerical def by X% (where X equals 25-50-75-100% depending on the level of the skill) of its actual defence (that means that it can be buffed by shamans/charmers for the sake of the so beloved Teamwork this game likes to offer) after the effect of the skill itself.

Well, i don't think that anyone would lvl up Stone Body, but 25% of defense is already a good thing, after all, we're Warlocks, not DKs.

Edited by Khrone

8 hours ago, Khrone said:

Well, i don't think that anyone would lvl up Stone Body, but 25% of defense is already a good thing, after all, we're Warlocks, not DKs.

At the current state of things, you're the only class that uses the best offence as defence, yet you can't do that because of the Resisting ability. I am aware that warlocks are no tanks, yet I'm also aware that this is warlock's only defensive skill, hence I see nothing wrong on making it op. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

At the current state of things, you're the only class that uses the best offence as defence, yet you can't do that because of the Resisting ability. I am aware that warlocks are no tanks, yet I'm also aware that this is warlock's only defensive skill, hence I see nothing wrong on making it op. 

Agree Warlock definitely need a rework on that skill.

All of the comments about warlocks have been moved here. Let's try to focus on not going off topic somewhere else (I admit to have made the same mistake).

1 hour ago, Speedom said:

Agree Warlock definitely need a rework on that skill.

Rework ideas:

• Moving during the effect (so it would become a One-Vs-All Armistice)

• Shield after the end of the skill

• Defense increase after the end of the skill