Warlock's Survivability

Warlock's Survivability  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Everyone knows that Lock needs more survivability. How you would like to see it in the game?

• Rework skills
    • Buff skills
    • Life Steal
    • Shield
    • Damage Ignoring skill
    • Teleport
    • Invisibility
    • Other (say it on the comments)

Damage ignoring skill with mana regen and lifesteal buff skill that teleports all enemies away and puts character into invisibility. :wind:

Just kidding😝
Any sort of damage ignoring skill rework would make that class playable.:yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by TheCaster

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Damage ignoring skill with mana regen and lifesteal buff skill that teleports all enemies away and puts character into invisibility. :wind:

Just kidding😝
Any sort of damage ignoring skill rework would make that class playable.:yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

AIGRIND talking to Mage: Hey, you can lock your enemies defenseless on the ground, teleport away from them, ignore their damage every 2 attacks and increase your defense! Do you want anything more?

AIGRIND talking to Warlock: Ya gona turn into rocc, very cool, uh?

Edited by Khrone

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Resisting skill. This class deserves a defensive skill like this. 

More like BD's or just Resist increasing skill?

Edited by Khrone

Why instead of letting you useless for 10 seconds, why not:

Stone Body:

Increases both defenses for some time and completely ignore the next damage taken after casting the skill.

Edited by Khrone

9 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Stun resist. 

How it would work?

Like:

Resistant Mind

Passive

Warlock has a 25% chance every 2s to break free of control effects (so if you were luck, after 2s of being stunned, you are free)

And/or

The Warlock has a 50% chance to ignore enemies skill's control effects

?

Edited by Khrone

26 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Increases both defenses for some time and completely ignore the next damage taken after casting the skill.

Or you can simply double the warlock's basic def. If the skill is leveled to 3, it also regens a bit of HPs depending on your Mana (and not HP regen... let's encourage the use of Wisdom Crystals, shall we?) Easy stuff.

21 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Warlock has a 25% chance every 2s to break free of control effects (so if you were luck, after 2s of being stunned, you are free)

Love it but it's broken. I believe a self casting resist skill might work. Or, how about a combo skill like "If the warlock stands on the pool of darkness, he gets X resistence until the pool lasts". This will encourage also the use of old skills and new builds. Warlocks have got many possibilities to combo skills. Your fantasy is the limit. 

21 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Love it but it's broken.

What about 10% every 2s or 25% every 5s?

Or, how about a combo skill like "If the warlock stands on the pool of darkness, he gets X resistence until the pool lasts". 

It would be a new skill or a Pool of Darkness rework?

The Pool of Darkness could heal only the Warlock if he is on the 3x3 area. :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Your fantasy is the limit. 

I will make a post in the "Suggestions" topic adding my idead for races/classes/weapons/skills everytime:i_know_what_you_did_there:

Edited by Khrone

6 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What about 10% every 2s or 25% every 5s?

It has no cost. This is why I consider it broken. It's the reason of why I consider these kind of skills broken in general. 

7 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It would be a new skill or a Pool of Darkness rework?

Hmm maybe a rework. Not extremely necessary, I know, but it would be something xd.

It has no cost. This is why I consider it broken. It's the reason of why I consider these kind of skills broken in general. 

What about Mage's passive?

16 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Hmm maybe a rework. Not extremely necessary, I know, but it would be something xd.

Warlock's new skill:

Opposite Effect

Passive

Every damage skill/basic attack has 33% of chance of healing the Warlock in 50% of damage dealt.

(The max is 5% of Warlock's HP per hit. If the Warlock has 5K HP and something that he uses hits the 20K, we won't heal 10K, or even 5K, just 250 HP. Basically a limited Vampirism)

And/Or

If the Warlock stands in the Pool of Darkness, it regenerates life according to magic damage and skill level. (basically the same damage it would do to an enemy, it would heal itself)

If he stands in the Dark Circle, he gains Resistance according to the skill level.

If he stands in the Zone of Weakness, he gains Defense according to the skill level. (yes, he would gain 80% armor if the skill was 4/4)

Then you tell me it would be very OP, but tell me: In what situations would the Warlock use these skills on his feet? He is not a Mage that basically all skills are in a 3x3 area with the Mage in the center. You will almost always use these skills at a safe distance.

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Or, how about a combo skill like "If the warlock stands on the pool of darkness, he gets X resistence until the pool lasts".

Good idea,but no more combo skills please. I understand warlock is supposed to be a debuffer but with all bosses resisting debuffs, all players resisting control skills; I think it's high time to give warlock a good survival passive skill considering all the adaptations made in the game. All skills lock has takes skill usage time unlike other classes. Including (Fading + pool ) Warlock needs some sort of passive shield or damage ignorance rework.:help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

@HiggingsI saw a video of you in snorlar walking around with a huge ass sword hitting people on the head.:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: Do you work out? Those Biceps look crazy!

image.png

Edited by TheCaster

Unfortunately (I wouldn't like to say that), the Mage deserves more survivability skills just for that:

2 minutes ago, Khrone said:

He is not a Mage that basically all skills are in a 3x3 area with the Mage in the center.

Basically, he has to fight like a warrior, going ahead of the battle, not in a safe position, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has a LOT of damage and a LOT of defense.

3 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I saw a video of you in snorlar walking around with a huge ass sword hitting people on the head.:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: Do you work out? Those Biceps look crazy!

Haha you made my day bro 😂😂

Yea I asked my guys to make me Commander both for organisation and "coolness" matters. But since I suck at leading people now the commander is someone else. Hehe 😁

3 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

@HiggingsI saw a video of you in snorlar walking around with a huge ass sword hitting people on the head.:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: Do you work out? Those Biceps look crazy!

image.png

BTW, where do u play? @Higgings

4 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Good idea,but no more combo skills please. I understand warlock is supposed to be a debuffer with all bosses resisting debuffs, all players resisting control skills; I think it's high time to give warlock a good survival passive skill considering all the adaptations made in the game. All skills lock has takes skill usage time unlike other classes. Including (Fading + pool ) Warlock needs some sort of passive shield or damage ignorance rework.

Is the same as leveling up a healer when every F class uses Vampirism.

7 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What about Mage's passive?

The barrier? It was indeed nerfed several times as I reckon.

P.S. my sincere congratulations for your ideas. It shows motivation and I personally like them. 

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

It shows motivation and I personally like them. 

I wanna be the Number One Hero Warlock of the World Brazil!

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

The barrier? It was indeed nerfed several times as I reckon.

What about the "new new"?

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

I wanna be the Number One Hero Warlock of the World Brazil!

What about the "new new"?

I would've given it to the warlock since this class is formerly a debuffer. Mages are magick damagers. I sincerely don't know why the elf side resulted as they lacked of Dispelling Debuffs. 

4 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I would've given it to the warlock since this class is formerly a debuffer. Mages are magick damagers. I sincerely don't know why the elf side resulted as they lacked of Dispelling Debuffs. 

So basically the Mage is the only class in the game that we can really tell that is a Magic Damage Dealer?

10 minutes ago, Khrone said:

So basically the Mage is the only class in the game that we can really tell that is a Magic Damage Dealer?

To my eyes, it is. More than half of its skills are damage based. 

34 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I would've given it to the warlock since this class is formerly a debuffer.

Yes please!:kawaii:

Now that I look at it, Just a fun fact.

Basic skills: 4/5 debuff skills. All of which can go into resist.

Life exhaust.
Dark circle.
Pool of darkness.
Fear.

Experts prone to resist. 6/9.

Hex.
Dark seal.

Fading. - pvp uses only.
Tribute. - No one in their right mind would put skill points into this skill.
Grimoire.
Weakness zone.

and nowadays resist isn't a joke. It's practically everywhere. For other classes its a better scenario because they have buffs, but when it's a class whose gameplay depends entirely on debuffs and control, it becomes a major issue that needs to be addressed.

I just finished a 2 hour cc myth spam with a warlock in party. His skills just got resisted and resisted; Even with some dg mobs. I just felt sad for him. He's put in almost thrice the money and effort as I've put into my speed hunter. I write this in the hope that people like him gets some justice from our dear developers.:pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

Give the man a passive shield rework please. Let him stay alive. :drama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by TheCaster

25 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Yes please!:kawaii:

Now that I look at it, Just a fun fact.

Life exhaust.
Dark circle.
Pool of darkness.
Fear.

Hex.
Dark seal.

Fading. - pvp uses only.
Grimoire.
Weakness zone.

and nowadays resist isn't a joke. It's practically everywhere. I just finished a 2 hour cc myth spam with a warlock in party. His skills just got resisted and resisted; Even with some dg mobs. I just felt sad for him. He's put in almost thrice the money and effort as I've put into my speed hunter. I write this in the hope that people like him gets some justice from our dear developers.:pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

So instead of shield/healing/resist skills, why not a anti-resist passive or something like that?

Why not create a new stat that cancel Resistance (like Dodge and Precision) and give to Warlock the first skill of this type?

Example: 

Hypnosis

Passive

Permanently gives 30% Mind Control to Warlock (maybe 30% is low, high, idk, but it's just a idea)

Funny note: Maybe it would be the simplest skill of the game, the same as giving the Rogue a passive that increases Physical Damage XD

Edited by Khrone

Now a random idea of skill that came to mind (don't read it if you don't want to)

Voodoo

Places a life-size voodoo doll from the enemy on the ground.

Any damage that the Warlock deal to the voodoo doll does 10% more damage to the enemy.

Anyone can attack the voodoo doll, as if it were the real enemy,.

Basically, a trick skill. The enemy will not know whether you are going to attack him or the voodoo doll.

Obviously he will prefer to be attacked normally.

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters

9 hours ago, Khrone said:

Any damage that the Warlock deal to the voodoo doll does 10% more damage to the enemy.

Basically, a trick skill. The enemy will not know whether you are going to attack him or the voodoo doll.

Are you famous author? Have I read some of your novels? :what-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:
Its an honest compliment. Your ideas keep flowing. xD
Just for discussion purposes, does the doll have the stats of a dummy or the same stats as the enemy ?

I don't think this skill would help the current situation of the lock because It doesn't keep the lock alive.
Throw some of creative writing into some skill reworks you can think of btw.😄 I think those have a more realistic chance to be implemented by the devs atm cause new skills were just released like a month back.

why not a anti-resist passive or something like that?

Why not create a new stat that cancel Resistance (like Dodge and Precision) and give to Warlock the first skill of this type?

This would be an endless loop don't you think?
Resist was created to counter control. So another stat to counter resist?😝
Isn't that like a dirty math problem that ends up with the same result? 
(-1) + (1) + (-1) = ?

Edited by TheCaster

Now a random idea of skill that came to mind (don't read it if you don't want to)

Voodoo

This is more like a necro skill to be honest.

i think its a better idea to rework/buff to some skill by it is now

Stonebody

the skill will be at time consume and during its duration the warlock gains a good damage reduction and a boost in health regen and a immunity to DOT effects at cost of thier movement/attack speed and attack range (skills too) 

it would be

activation cost: 20-22-24-26 energy

overtime cost: 5-6-7-8 energy/second

skill cooldown: 40 seconds

movement speed reduction: 100-80-60-40% (yes at 1/4 u will be stuck and be skill only)

decrease of attack range: 3-2-2-1 yard

damage reduction: 20-30-40-50%

increase of numerical value of health regen: 40-60-80-100% of warlock's magical attack (combat mode dosen't decrease this amount)

the thing will be that u will be able to get out the warlock will be forced into closer combat to fight while it gets a disavantage in speed (can be essential to deal with melee classes) the only use of the skill is of recover the health since keep it always active would have a cost impossible to maintain as a class that has already an huge energy use, the health regen boost can be really good once fully upgraded since magic users can reach up to 1k matk and with the health they have recover 1k each 5 seconds is a huge chunk

it would give a chance to recover all hp in a pvp fight if the enemy its not too much stronger than the warlock

life exaust

the skill will also steal the target's energy and will avoid an certain amount of resistance 

energy steal: 1-1.5-2-2.5% of target's energy/tick

resistance avoid: 5-7-9-12-15% (if the skill is 5/5, the enemy will need above 15% resistance for have a chance to resist it example. target has 20% resist, 5% chance to be resisted)

relics that increase the effect duration will be able to be applied

dark seal

the skill will work on all kinds of heals included lifesteal, energy regen and skills like warden's blockmaster

grimoire

the skill will also decrease target's resistance if used in combo with dark seal, the amount will depend on the total level of the skills 

resistance decrease: 6-8-10-12-14-16-18% (if both grimoire and darkseal are at 1/4 it will be considered at 1/7, if only one of the 2 is 4/4 it will be 5/7 and if both are maxed, it will be 7/7)

the combo will apply a negative effect on the warlock for 60 seconds that will cause it to loose 8% of its total hp and 5% of total energy if the combo gets done again

bloody tribute

1. it wont anymore cause extra energy loss on the enemy if it uses a skill during the effect

2. it wont dissapear if the enemy uses a skill during the effect

3. the enemy will have extra pain each time it uses a skill

the effect duration will be 4-6-8-10 seconds

the cooldown is increased to 30 seconds

each time the enemy uses a skill the duration gets increased by 1 -1.5 - 2 - 2.5 seconds (wich is dubled if the enemy attempts to heal the effect)

pain to the skill spammers (mages, and whoever does stun cycles)

fading

now also positive effects will fade each period of time during the skill effect

1 each 5,4,3,2 seconds (it starts take a positive effect once casted)

need a way to counter enemies effects

p.s. apply all reworks at once may cause in creation of op lock for a duration of time

5 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Are you famous author? Have I read some of your novels? :what-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Just a creative person 😉

Just for discussion purposes, does the doll have the stats of a dummy or the same stats as the enemy ?

The same as the enemy

I don't think this skill would help the current situation of the lock because It doesn't keep the lock alive.
Throw some of creative writing into some skill reworks you can think of btw.😄 I think those have a more realistic chance to be implemented by the devs atm cause new skills were just released like a month back.

Yeah, i know, i will think :vp-hehe: like Exhaust Life causing slow

5 hours ago, lore said:

Stonebody

health regen: 40-60-80-100% of warlock's magical attack (combat mode dosen't decrease this amount)

So if a Warlock has 800 magical damage that would be basically a periodic healing

But i really like this

5 hours ago, lore said:

magic users can reach up to 1k matk and with the health they have recover 1k each 5 seconds is a huge chunk

it would give a chance to recover all hp in a pvp fight if the enemy its not too much stronger than the warlock

This would make it immortal.

I don't think that it needs some type of healing, because no Damage class has it. 

Ok, the Warlock uses Black Magic, so...

I think it's better to:

• Buff Life Exhaust and debuff Dark Seal (but the final result would be almost the same), so it would be easier to lvl up since the cure would be better.

But, of course this would help only on low levels

• Buff Dark Circle in lower levels (the effects in 5/5 would be the same), so a PvE Warlock that don't lvl up this skill can use it

• Give Slow effect on Life Exhaust/Pool Of Darkness

• Lower the damage of Pool of Darkness and increase it's hit frequency, so the hits would stop the enemy for a little time. The total damage would be the same

5 hours ago, lore said:

p.s. apply all reworks at once may cause in creation of op lock for a duration of time

Bruh

Edited by Khrone

8 hours ago, TheCaster said:

This would be an endless loop don't you think?
Resist was created to counter control. So another stat to counter resist?😝
Isn't that like a dirty math problem that ends up with the same result? 
(-1) + (1) + (-1) = ?

So we need to think: "Which skills should be resisted and which should not be?"

Example:

18 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Life exhaust.
Dark circle.
Pool of darkness.
Fear.

Hex.
Dark seal.

Fading. - pvp uses only.
Grimoire.
Weakness zone.

Life Exhaust: Ok, it steals life, it makes sense to be resisted.

Dark Circle: Stun. Of course it needs to be resisted.

Pool Of Darkness: It's a DMG skill, but works on a very strange way:

Instead of simply causing damage in the area, it generates a debuff that causes damage to anyone who enters the area.

Basically, an area poison.

But why does it NEEDS to be a debuff?

To be used in conjunction with Fading.

But if Pool's debuff only causes damage, it needs to be a skill that cannot be resisted.

Fear: Same as Dark Circle.

Expert Skills:

Hex: DMG + Silence. As it is a skill with two effects and one can be resisted, sadly, the DMG can be resisted too.

Dark Seal: Same as Life Exhaust.

Fading: Full control. It's ok to be resisted.

Tribute: 

18 hours ago, TheCaster said:

No one in their right mind would put skill points into this skill.

Grimoire: Needs to be resisted.

Weakness Zone: Same as Grimoire.

So in summary:

Pool of Darkness needs to be unresistable, and if it's possible to resist one effect of the skill and not resist the other effect, make it in the Hex.

Edited by Khrone

20 minutes ago, Khrone said:

So in summary:

Pool of Darkness needs to be unresistable, and if it's possible to resist one effect of the skill and unresist the other effect, make it in the Hex.

After this summary, lock doesn't have many skill usable left now, do they? 😞

Edited by TheCaster

1 minute ago, TheCaster said:

After this summary, lock doesn't have many skill usable left now, do they? 😞

Basically, no

But the problem is: If the skill effect works on the enemy, it's deadly

Edited by Khrone

Now just a lil question (ignoring some new skills and classes):

What is more OP?

1. Remove buffs from the enemy

2. Remove debuffs from allies

Bruh I just realized that the good side of almost all Warlock skills are resisted...

Almost all will activate relics :troll_face1:

But even then, only base skills can have relics, and Warlock’s base skills can only use 2 types of defense relics each (which activates when the enemy resists), so it’s still not worth it :okay:

At least increase the diversity of Warlock's defensive relics, AIGRIND