System of cursed weapons/armors

Lordeznuts

The idea here is to add a curse system to equipment and weapons (it's inspired from Pixel Dungeon, a little RPG).

Mechanic

A cursed item isn't movable from equipment slot if you equip it, and it has a bad bonus (like -10% of accuracy for a weapon, and less defense for armors (it will be writed in red)...).

New items

This system includes new items : a scroll of curse removing (remove a curse on an item), and an identify scroll (identify if item is cursed). The first one is cheap (very), and the second one is not.

Chance to get a cursed item

The chance of getting a cursed item is high if you get it from a dungeon or a monster, low for merchants. For market, you can sell a cursed item (but its less cheap), an uncursed item will be cheaper.

Description of cursed/uncursed item

When you read item description, it will be writed "???" (don't know if item is cursed), "cursed" (if item is cursed) and nothing if item have no curse.

Exemples of curses

The basics : less accuracy, defense, attack...

Others : can't add runes or crystals on item, low chance to get randomly teleported (on weapons only)...

Horrible : unable to use a skill, less chance to get good stuff...

I think you have many ideas to purpose...

Hope you enjoyed read this !

Imagine it get realised !!!

I dont get it either, why would anyone use them wjen they could just use lower level gear to get lower stats

And there would be players complaining that their gear has lower stats than someone else's

Edited by Jcbreff

7 hours ago, Lordeznuts said:

New items

This system includes new items : a scroll of curse removing (remove a curse on an item), and an identify scroll (identify if item is cursed). The first one is cheap (very), and the second one is not.

If AIGRIND sees a way to make money from it, it will put it into the game without even thinking

12 hours ago, Khrone said:

If AIGRIND sees a way to make money from it, it will put it into the game without even thinking

Well for exemples scroll of curse removing can be added to miracle shop.

17 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

I dont get it either, why would anyone use them wjen they could just use lower level gear to get lower stats

And there would be players complaining that their gear has lower stats than someone else's

Ok ok I see. But some curses can be funny. Curses of less stats is just an idea, i'm alright with u on the thing about low lvl gear.

4 hours ago, Lordeznuts said:

Ok ok I see. But some curses can be funny. Curses of less stats is just an idea, i'm alright with u on the thing about low lvl gear.

Funny curses like random teleporting to a place, denying the player to attack in a 1v1 situation (like Priest's skills), hit-kill easy mobs, etc?

Edited by Khrone

10 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Funny curses like random teleporting to a place, denying the player to attack in a 1v1 situation (like Priest's skills), hit-kill easy mobs, etc?

Because we're considering that people will surely use pieces of equipment that would only give them debuffs/maluses/ who knows what else, aye?

23 hours ago, Higgings said:

Forgive me, but I didn't get the utility nor the reason for these items to even exist ._. 

I'll requote

18 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Because we're considering that people will surely use pieces of equipment that would only give them debuffs/maluses/ who knows what else, aye?

I wouldn't use this, i just think it would be funny

On 6/18/2020 at 6:03 PM, Khrone said:

On 6/18/2020 at 6:56 PM, Higgings said:

Fair enough. 

Now imagine the curses can be seen until you equip gear/weapon. U know if it's cursed (after using a scroll of curse removing), but don't know what's the curse. Moreover, if u equip gear/weapon without knowing if it's cursed, it will automatically tell u if weapon is cursed and what curse this is, (edit) and it will no longer be movable from slot.

Edited by Lordeznuts
Forgot to mention something